PDA

View Full Version : What Lees Summitt, MO team is this?

Plowboy
10-15-2006, 08:45 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/BBQ-Concession-Trailer_W0QQitemZ320038267915QQihZ011QQcategoryZ46 590QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Jeff_in_KC
10-15-2006, 10:45 AM
Not sure, Todd. I've never seen that around Lee's Summit or at a contest. Looks pretty nice though. If I had something like that (with a Spicewine mounted on back instead), I might try a solo event again!

Just went back and looked at it with my wife... Hmmm... Hey Jay, think you could build a double Spicewine on the back of this kinda trailer? The more I think about it, the more I like the idea. And for catering, it would be able to be health department approved!

bbqjoe
10-15-2006, 10:49 AM
That is one nice setup!!!

HoDeDo
10-15-2006, 12:30 PM
You could sell the Lang off the back of it, no problem.... Let the bidding begin!!!

I would imagine they have an 8,000 reserve on it or so.... Most of the cedar sided kitchen trailers I have seen are 15-30K depending on how many warming/cooling units they have, and the type of cooker ( Like an Old Hickory Pit vs. a Lang......

Plowboy
10-15-2006, 12:35 PM
Not sure, Todd. I've never seen that around Lee's Summit or at a contest. Looks pretty nice though. If I had something like that (with a Spicewine mounted on back instead), I might try a solo event again!

Just went back and looked at it with my wife... Hmmm... Hey Jay, think you could build a double Spicewine on the back of this kinda trailer? The more I think about it, the more I like the idea. And for catering, it would be able to be health department approved!

Jeff, you should check out the S&S trailers from Des Moines. They make a nice rig.

DeanC
10-24-2006, 05:16 PM
Just saw this, looks like it didn't sell. I haven't seen it around town before.

Kung Fu BBQ
10-26-2006, 09:40 PM
I can tell you it's not my subdivision out here in Lee's Summit.
Bidding is at 9,600

scottyd
10-27-2006, 06:09 AM
I am have a trailer built at S&S now. Myself and 2 BBQ friends made the trip down to the S&S shop and I believe they to are ordering trailers from S&S. they do good custom work. tell them what you want and that's what your gonna get. I went with a 24ft trailer 14ft cabin area and a 10ft covered deck where I will mount my Lang and stumps for now. The cabin will have all needed to ceritified to cater if I would choose to.

Now at contests I will have to buy 2 spots i guess as I am going to be to long for some and a few I will be ok.

Plowboy
10-27-2006, 09:36 AM
I am have a trailer built at S&S now. Myself and 2 BBQ friends made the trip down to the S&S shop and I believe they to are ordering trailers from S&S. they do good custom work. tell them what you want and that's what your gonna get. I went with a 24ft trailer 14ft cabin area and a 10ft covered deck where I will mount my Lang and stumps for now. The cabin will have all needed to ceritified to cater if I would choose to.

Now at contests I will have to buy 2 spots i guess as I am going to be to long for some and a few I will be ok.

Got Pics? What's the cost on something like that?

SP
10-27-2006, 09:46 PM
I think I may have saw that one at Lenexa BBQ, but not sure.

scottyd
10-28-2006, 04:40 AM
Got Pics? What's the cost on something like that?

Date to pick up is jan 5th. I will post pick when it is all finished with the smokers mounted. If I would quit adding things to it I will spend somewhere in the low $14,000.00 and it will be how I want it.

Plowboy
10-30-2006, 07:46 PM
Date to pick up is jan 5th. I will post pick when it is all finished with the smokers mounted. If I would quit adding things to it I will spend somewhere in the low $14,000.00 and it will be how I want it.

That's with or w/o cost of smokers?

Where you at in SD? I grew up in N. Sioux City.

scottyd
10-31-2006, 09:25 AM
That's with or w/o cost of smokers?

Where you at in SD? I grew up in N. Sioux City.

That is with out the cost of smoker's. counters, re frig. everything else is installed.

Huron area now, I was raised in Mitchell. still partners in a business there with my brother and sister so the roots run deep.

It is just time to expand to a trailer and stop hauling in a pickup. I decided I am doing the trailer thing once and I am doing it right the first time. I think!!!! You just never know there can be more things a guy wants. now I thinking I might want to change it to a fifth wheel type trailer. I still have time to make that change. I think I have a week yet.