PDA

View Full Version : Lambs Farm Comp--Libertyville IL

billm
10-10-2006, 09:58 AM
any of the Brethren cooking the Lambs Farm Libertyville IL comp 10/20-10/21?

Harbormaster
10-10-2006, 11:03 AM
Bill,
I plan on being there, but not sure if I'm going to be cooking (as an assistant for a presently unknown (to me) team), or just hanging out. But I'll look for ya.

Sledneck
10-10-2006, 04:08 PM
Do they have a whole lamb category?

ggriffi
10-10-2006, 05:23 PM
Our first comp Lookin forward to it and meeting a bunch of the brethren! Got an email from Kate last week and she said that they have around 35 teams.

g

billm
10-11-2006, 07:14 AM
Do they have a whole lamb category?
I wish they did...but nothing says i cant grab one and cook it for dinner!

parrothead
10-11-2006, 09:04 AM
We will be there! Last call of the fall! Then time to cram everything in the garage for the winter. Bring lots of blankets. Should get nice and cold at night.

billm
10-11-2006, 10:56 AM
We will be there! Last call of the fall! Then time to cram everything in the garage for the winter. Bring lots of blankets. Should get nice and cold at night.
ill be breaking out the long underwear for this one Greg..

parrothead
10-12-2006, 07:26 AM
Bill,
I plan on being there, but not sure if I'm going to be cooking (as an assistant for a presently unknown (to me) team), or just hanging out. But I'll look for ya.

No problem hanging with, or helping, us. Is Pimp coming down as well?

Harbormaster
10-12-2006, 12:00 PM
Greg,
I plan on riding down with Pimp. He e-mailed the other day, been busy. So we are coming. Looking forward to meeting the brethren.

bbqbull
10-12-2006, 08:13 PM
Greg and Bob and Pimp and Harbormaster. Best of luck on the contest. I had a wild hair here and told my wife I might drive up their to just check things out. She said go and have fun. Sad part is truck isnt unloaded from rain drenched camping trip. I hope you make the big walk on this contest.

Mike

parrothead
10-13-2006, 07:33 AM
Greg and Bob and Pimp and Harbormaster. Best of luck on the contest. I had a wild hair here and told my wife I might drive up their to just check things out. She said go and have fun. Sad part is truck isnt unloaded from rain drenched camping trip. I hope you make the big walk on this contest.

Mike

You have a whole week yet to unpack.

bbqbull
10-13-2006, 09:22 AM
I thought the contest was this weekend. This snow has me totally outta whack here.

HoDeDo
10-13-2006, 12:30 PM
It is next weekend. Man time is flying. We were looking at doing it with Jeff_in_KC before the Columbia contest opened up... Good luck up there Brothers, and put those thermals on at night!!!

ggriffi
10-14-2006, 11:33 AM
Got an email from Kate last night, I count 38 teams. I really can't wait for this.

g

bbqbull
10-18-2006, 09:15 PM
Just wanted to wish the Brethern Brothers who are cooking at the Libertyville Il. contest. I know Parrothead, Greg and Bob are going as a team and I believe Harbormaster and Pimpsmoke are going to assist as well. If any other brethern brother teams are their I wish them folks the best of luck also. Dont forget your red flannels.

Mike

voodoobbqIL
10-19-2006, 09:03 PM
good luck brothers should be a great contest. Hope to join you next year

willkat98
10-21-2006, 05:49 PM
Any results yet?

I talked to Greg early in the day.

Harbormaster and Pimp where with him, Bob, (I think RonL). Sides down on the tent with a heater in there.

Said the set up was sweet. Sounded like it too.

I spent the day with pigs, goats, a Llama, and other assorted farms animals, but that is not a competition thread.

Sorry to have missed it, but PMS and barbecue don't mix

Ron_L
10-21-2006, 07:00 PM
Yep... I was there and we did have a sweet setup. We were very busy Friday night giving tours!

I'll let Greg tell the story for the team.

I don't remember the full results so I'll let someone who took notes post the, but I do know...

Grand - KRE Smokers
Reserve - Cancer Sucks

Congrats to Keith and Scottie and their teams and to eveyrone else who walked.

I'm going to take a hot shower now...

PimpSmoke
10-21-2006, 11:36 PM
Thanks BigFellas for being great hosts.

What a great time!

Spoon check!!!!:twisted:

bbqbull
10-21-2006, 11:45 PM
Pimp just wondering here? You got anymore of them little prickley marks on ya? Hope you had a great time at the contest.

A threat and a bull.

PimpSmoke
10-21-2006, 11:55 PM
too cold for the prickers to come out............

2Fat
10-22-2006, 09:24 AM
Chicken
1. Smokin Cheeseheads
2. Cancersuckschicago.com
3. Bar B Quau
4. Low Dough BQue - 2nd competition!
5. KRE Smokers
6. Fat Boyz BBQ
7. The BBQ-tioners
8. Memphis in Mundelein
9. Bunsen Burners
10. The Smoker Hunters

Ribs
1. KRE Smokers
2. Smokin Clones
3. Smokin Cheeseheads
4. Smokey Joel
5. The Smoke Hunters
6. Star B Que
7. Fat Boyz BBQ
8. smoke n Sourmash
9. Bunsen Burners
10 Slug Bug BBQ

Pork
1. Joey Mac BBQ STax
2. Cancersuckschicago.com
3. Ulcer Acres
4. Bar B Quau
5. Bunsen Burners
6. BBQ King
7. Smokin Clones
8. Smokin Cheeseheads
9. Star B Que
10. Aesops Table

Brisket
1. Ulcer Acres
2. KRE Smokers
3. Smokey Joel
4. Porkcrastinators
5. Smokin Clones
6. Burnt Food dude
7. Bar B Quau
8. Cancersuckschicago.com
9. The BBQ-tioners
10. Dr. Chuckie

Dessert
1. Bunsen Burners - 180
2. Smokin Clones
3. Smoke n Sourmash

Overall
Grand KRE Smokers
Reserve Cancersuckschicago.com
3rd Ulcer Acres
4. Smokin Clones
5. Joey Mac BBQ Stax
6. Smokin Cheeseheads
7. Porkcrastinators
8. Bunsen Burners
9. Bar B Quau
10. The BBQ-tioners (Their first KCBS contest and some great people)

Ron_L
10-22-2006, 10:21 AM
Thanks for posting the full results, Buzz! I edited it to highlight the Brethren teams (I don't think I missed anyone).

parrothead
10-22-2006, 10:57 AM
porkrastinators.

I'm here. Just busy. We had a blast. The more of these things that we go to, the more people we get to know, and the more fun it is.

We took 16th out of 38. We were a little diappointed in not getting called for the first time ever, but were happy to see that we had moved a couple steps past the half way mark. We keep nudging higher and will work with that.

Ron_L
10-22-2006, 11:10 AM
porkrastinators.
Done!

Here's a couple of picture of our turn-ins. The bateries on Greg's camera died after the Chicken turn-in, so I took pics of our ribs, brisket and dessert on my phone.

billm
10-22-2006, 01:25 PM
porkrastinators.

I'm here. Just busy. We had a blast. The more of these things that we go to, the more people we get to know, and the more fun it is.

We took 16th out of 38. We were a little diappointed in not getting called for the first time ever, but were happy to see that we had moved a couple steps past the half way mark. We keep nudging higher and will work with that.
welcome to the club Greg-we are still scratching our heads over a couple lowball scores but we were really happy to see our friend Keith and Rebecca finally get that GC theyve been working hard for

parrothead
10-22-2006, 06:57 PM
welcome to the club Greg-we are still scratching our heads over a couple lowball scores but we were really happy to see our friend Keith and Rebecca finally get that GC theyve been working hard for
They sure seemed pleased. Probably more so than I have seen anyone. Good for them.

Can't end this thread without a HUGE thank you to pimpsmoke and harbor master. Thanks guys! Extra hands are always welcome! It was wonderful to see you guys!

ggriffi
10-22-2006, 07:48 PM
If you place 35th out of 38 with 2 no-shows and 1 who only entered one category, does that mean we actually fininshed on last place? :confused:

Frankly, my cooking sucked this weekend except maybe pork where we were 21st overall. The mistakes that we made are all part of the learning curve, so we're not discouraged, just more determined.

All in all we had a great time and are looking ahead to next year.

g

Ron_L
10-22-2006, 08:19 PM
Were you there, G? We were looking for you. What's your team name?

Maybe you stopped my while I was out or busy, so if you did, I'm sorry that I missed you!

ggriffi
10-22-2006, 08:35 PM
Were you there, G? We were looking for you. What's your team name?

Maybe you stopped my while I was out or busy, so if you did, I'm sorry that I missed you!

NP, Ron. I didn't know where you guys were at either. Anyway the team name is BassAckwards Barbecue, we were caddy corner from Smok n Sourmash.

g

Ron_L
10-22-2006, 09:44 PM
Geez... I walked by you at least 10 times! I was the fat guy...

Oh... Wait... That describes about half of the guys there... Sorry...

:-D :-D :-D

parrothead
10-22-2006, 10:53 PM
We were looking for you. Wish would have met up. One of the first things that we did was hang the brethren banner so you would be able to find us because we had no idea what your team name was. We should have straightened that out before we left.

We always go back and forth and see smoke and sour mash. They were next to us the first time that we ever competed and helped bust our cherries.

ggriffi
10-22-2006, 11:01 PM
We were looking for you. Wish would have met up. One of the first things that we did was hang the brethren banner so you would be able to find us because we had no idea what your team name was. We should have straightened that out before we left.

We always go back and forth and see smoke and sour mash. They were next to us the first time that we ever competed and helped bust our cherries.

I'm sure we will meet up at one soon.

g

Doctor Porkenstein
10-23-2006, 08:32 PM
thanks to all of you guys for coming out and making the Lambs Farm event a big success. I really enjoyed meeting some new cooks and seeing old friends. look foward to hopefully seeing everyone at the 2nd annual Winter Chicken and Rib Burn Off in Des Plaines In February.
Alex and Kate

Ron_L
10-23-2006, 09:52 PM
Hi Alex and Kate! Welcome to the Brethren!

Thanks to both of you for all of your time and effort in getting the Chicago area a KCBS event! I think everything worked out well this past weekend and I hope that the folks at Lambs Farm were happy with the outcome. I hope that they are willing to have us all back there again next year!

Don't be strangers... Stop by the site and hang out with us when you have time.

Oh yeah... I'm getting my long undies ready for the winter burn! :shock:

Ron_L
10-23-2006, 09:56 PM

Uh......

Competition cherry.

They're nice guys, but that's where it stops. :biggrin:

Harbormaster
10-24-2006, 07:28 AM
Alex, Kate, everybody at Lamb's Farm: Thanks for an excellent weekend. I can't speak for everyone but I had a great time at the event.
Ron and Greg, thanks for having me and trusting me to work in your pit. A great learning experience for me.
Hope to see you all soon. Have a great winter.

parrothead
10-24-2006, 09:00 AM
thanks to all of you guys for coming out and making the Lambs Farm event a big success. I really enjoyed meeting some new cooks and seeing old friends. look foward to hopefully seeing everyone at the 2nd annual Winter Chicken and Rib Burn Off in Des Plaines In February.
Alex and Kate

Thank you 2 for all you did. It was an excellent event from the cook's view in everything that we saw. I love to see first time events run smooth.

If you are so inclined, go to cattle call and introduce yourself.

ggriffi
10-24-2006, 06:47 PM
Thank you 2 for all you did. It was an excellent event from the cook's view in everything that we saw. I love to see first time events run smooth.

If you are so inclined, go to cattle call and introduce yourself.

I totally agree.

g

hogwash
11-01-2006, 03:32 PM
To PimpSmoke, Thanks for the help, advise & honesty on the BBQ. This from the the 2 Newbie's(Hogwash Meat Mafia) that finished a shameful 33rd place. The sad thing was this wasn't my best BBQ. That's why I'm upset. We learned our lesson. I hope next time we can do a lot better.

Willie

PimpSmoke
11-02-2006, 10:58 AM
Willie,

I am by no means an expert, just sharing some of my experiences cooking. But thanks, it was great hanging and talking to you guy's. Thanks for the PBR!!!

Keep at it, it will come together. Hope to see you guys again soon.

Harbormaster
11-02-2006, 12:10 PM
So THAT'S where the PBR was coming from.
I thought that Pimp might have run into some Milwaukee kegglers somewhere on the grounds.

Solidkick
11-02-2006, 12:29 PM
It's good to see KRE on top of this contest. The Bellys met these folks and broke bread with them at Charleston 2 years ago. Great people!
Wish we could get them visiting here!