PDA

View Full Version : Heading to Atlanta this week

MilitantSquatter
10-08-2006, 10:57 AM
I'm flying down to Atlanta in four hours to spend a week down there on business at our facility over there.

Noah (nmayeaux) and I are planning to get together one night for some BBQ and maybe a few beers at a place Noah recommends. (My initial suggestion of eating at Sonny's BBQ around the corner from my hotel apparently is only good enough for us Yankee's !!!)

For Noah's efforts, I'm bringing him a bag of our very own Willie B's Bourbon Rub.

(Noah - I'll call you sometime on Monday to finalize).

Hopefully reports to follow from Noah or myself after I get back next week.

The_Kapn
10-08-2006, 11:01 AM
Vinny,

I will be at Covington about 30 miles East of Atl on I-20 from Thursday night till Sunday morning.
Pit Bitching for Kevin (HomeBBQ) in the KCBS cookoff there.

Want some Que???? :lol:

And, yes--Sonnys is OK, but a lot better around.

I'll PM my cell #

TIM

nmayeux
10-10-2006, 09:36 PM
Just finished meeting Vinny, and all I can say is what a great guy. I had not seen the post, so the rub was a surprise! We had dinner at a new Q joint called Jim & Nicks, and while the food was pretty good, the company was great. ;) The only regret is that my week is booked full, and I couldn't spend but a couple of hours with Vinny. However, I did learn some super secrets about our Northern brothers! I am now really looking forward to making it up to that neck of the woods sometime.

Tim, good luck this weekend. If I get a chance, I'll try to make it out there, as I have not had the chance to meet Kevin in person. The weather should be beautiful, and perfect for cooking.

The_Kapn
10-11-2006, 06:56 AM
Noah,
Come on over!
Bring Vinny with you.
He is sharing a rental car and could use a ride :lol:

TIM

nmayeux
10-13-2006, 11:50 AM
I was able to visit the sale Vinny was helping to put on, and despite my best efforts, I still spent the better part of $100! However, who could turn down a brand new heavy duty wheelbarrow for $15? Anyway, I'm glad that I had the chance to meet a brethren.

MilitantSquatter
10-15-2006, 07:52 AM
I'm still at the hotel, but am checking out in 30 minutes... I'm on the hotel guest computer in the lobby that I just noticed. Great trip...but I'm exhausted.

It was great meeting Noah.... Noah's just a great guy that I wish I had more time to hang out with... He's definitely a Brethren.... First sign was the pile of wood in the back of his pickup and the other sign was just his passion for our group and love of BBQ in general...

Nick & John's BBQ was OK but the ribs were somewhat cold...brisket was better than the ribs... good side dishes too..I really liked their Brunswick stew. We spent more time talking than eating so I was not so focused on the food. We then grabbed a beer at a bar nearby and talked some more.

On Friday I also had BBQ from a place called Mother's Finest that was catered in.. Pulled Pork sandwiches, Brunswick Stew, beans and apple cobbler...

Again... meeting Noah was cool... Hopefully he'll make his way up North next year or otherwise I'll be back to Atlanta next October. I was not able to see Kap'n at the contest. Just too far away and no access to get there and back...

Sledneck
10-15-2006, 12:15 PM
Just finished meeting Vinny, and all I can say is what a great guy. I had not seen the post, so the rub was a surprise! We had dinner at a new Q joint called Jim & Nicks, and while the food was pretty good, the company was great. ;) The only regret is that my week is booked full, and I couldn't spend but a couple of hours with Vinny. However, I did learn some super secrets about our Northern brothers! I am now really looking forward to making it up to that neck of the woods sometime.

Tim, good luck this weekend. If I get a chance, I'll try to make it out there, as I have not had the chance to meet Kevin in person. The weather should be beautiful, and perfect for cooking.

Blackmail is very profitable

Sawdustguy
10-15-2006, 06:20 PM
Steve,

I think he is refering to us here on LI.

I tink we has ta talk ta Vinnie da Squeeler.

nmayeux
10-15-2006, 06:27 PM
Its amazing what you can pry out of Vinny after a couple of drinks... :)

Vinny, I hope you made it back ok, and I would really like to get out and visit some of the brothers when I get a chance to break away from work. It was really nice to meet you.