PDA

View Full Version : Catering for 80 help!

2 Bones BBQ
03-25-2015, 04:43 PM
Hello Brethren
So I have a catering job coming up for 80 and they want brisket, pork, bb ribs and 2 sides. The problem I'm having is coming up with a reasonable amount of meat to tell them. I figure 1/2 meat per person but what do you think would be a good mix?
Thanks,
Tony

Dadeo719
03-25-2015, 05:03 PM
You need to have them decide. And then get it in writing that, that is what they decided on. Otherwise you are going to be in trouble. I would steer them towards PP, then Brisket, and then ribs as the last "fill in " meat. Are you just dropping off or manning the buffet? People will take a rack of ribs if you are not portioning out.

HBMTN
03-25-2015, 05:08 PM
Hello Brethren
So I have a catering job coming up for 80 and they want brisket, pork, bb ribs and 2 sides. The problem I'm having is coming up with a reasonable amount of meat to tell them. I figure 1/2 meat per person but what do you think would be a good mix?
Thanks,
Tony

I don't tell them how much meat I am bringing. I give them a price based on 3 meats and two sides and then I cover my a$$ so I don't run out. The only exception to this rule is ribs. I do let them know how many ribs per person I am supplying and have them let guests know to only take that amount each until all guests have gone through the buffet. For the job you have I would cook 4oz pork, 3oz brisket and and two bones of ribs per person for my area.

2 Bones BBQ
03-26-2015, 11:03 AM
Thanks guys. I am using ribs as a fill in and 2-3 bones depending on what the customer wants. I will have them portioned out already to make it easy.