PDA

View Full Version : Holy CRAP

StLouQue
09-27-2006, 09:18 PM
What woodwork did all these new farkers crawl out of? Are we advertising on the Food Network?

WELCOME ONE & ALL!

BrianBinOR
09-27-2006, 09:27 PM
Can't speak for the others, but as I mentioned, I found y'all through the blog Men in Aprons, which recently hosted the Carnival of Recipes, a big event for a lot of us in the blogosphere.

StLouQue
09-27-2006, 09:42 PM
Welcome, BrianBinOR. Man, I wanna move to Oregon!

BrianBinOR
09-27-2006, 09:46 PM
Thanks for the welcome! I hope you have a raincoat!

StLouQue
09-27-2006, 10:02 PM
Yeah, I've noticed. That and unemployment, as I've heard. Still, it's the most beautiful state I've ever had the pleasure of visiting.
Mountains (check)
Ocean access (check)
Blue state (check)
Raincoat (check).

BrianBinOR
09-27-2006, 10:51 PM
Funny thing is, I'm a Red State kinda guy, but I love it here. You'd be amazed at the number of visitors who'll compliment us on the green and complain about the rain all in one breath. Ummm.... do the math.

Yeah, unemployment's bad. I'm drawing TUI (Training Unemployment) while I go back to school, I just got laid off for the third time in three years, all from companies in the same industry.

But the barbecue scene here is starting to pick up. I've been drooling over an Oregon-made Traeger for some time....

StLouQue
09-27-2006, 11:28 PM
Yeah well, I'm a blue guy wrapped in a red state. Maybe we help keep the other side somewhat honest. The rain=green thing made me chuckle. Bloody tourists. And the green is flippin' UNREAL. If there really was a Garden of Eden, it had to have been Oregon green. Sorry to hear about your lay-offs. That's gotta get old. Just curious, what are you pursuing in school?

I had to look up Traeger. I thought maybe it was a local delicacy. Pretty sweet-looking equipment. Buying local...good man...you and I could hang out.

Best of luck to you, Brian. You'll see me around here now and then. Take care and again, welcome.

BrianBinOR
09-27-2006, 11:37 PM
I have to admit, Alaska and BC are a bit greener, but Oregon's home. The thing that surprises a lot of visitors is not just HOW green, but A) the green doesn't go away in winter and B) "I didn't know there were that many different SHADES of green".

Believe it or not, I'm in a culinary arts program -- my passion for food extends beyond the smoker.

And yeah, the Traeger, she is to be lusted after.

Thanks for the well wishes, and we'll see you around.

Fredbird
09-28-2006, 07:58 AM
Welcome aboard Brian. Good luck in the culinary arts program. Share what you learn!

Arlin_MacRae
09-28-2006, 09:00 AM
This is new: an established member goes to the Cattle Call to talk to the newer members!! :-D

Our membership has been rising like a rocket and it's GREAT. Glad to see so many new active members.

And it's good to see ya back, Steve.

Arlin

jt
09-28-2006, 09:15 AM
Welcome back, Steve. Guess you found out you can run but you can't hide! :-P

StLouQue
09-28-2006, 12:39 PM
Thanks Gents. I'm in and out...y'know.
(Insert your own favorite punchline here.)

jt
09-28-2006, 12:40 PM
I just love the title of this thread in Cattle Call. :-P

Bill-Chicago
09-28-2006, 12:50 PM
Anyone else have a headache now from seeing too many flying pigs in a row?

:)