PDA

View Full Version : Brain Injury Association BBQ Contest, Columbia, Mo.,

lazyjacres
09-04-2006, 08:57 AM
Hey Guys, Keep your calender open for the BIA Contest October 13th & 14.
It's going to be here in Columbia at the Cotton Woods RV Rark. There should be water and electric at every site.
The pay outs are going to be good. $600 for Grand, $125 for top of each catagory, etc.......
We are going to have a country band and public feed Saturday night, with a raffle for all sorts of stuff.
I won't be able to cook (Bummer) because I am helping coordinate the contest and overseeing the judges. So, any certified judges wanting to judge, drop me a line. I still have plenty of room.
This will be a great way to close out the year. I hope to see a lot of you here.
Jamey

we'll smoke u
09-04-2006, 09:44 AM
Jamey send info to me on the comp [email protected]

spicewine
09-04-2006, 12:46 PM
Team Q will be there !!! Jamey: Sorry you missed our little get together the other day!!

Spice

Jeff_in_KC
09-05-2006, 06:59 AM
Due to missing out on DeSoto, this is now something we're considering among 3 options.

MoKanMeathead
09-05-2006, 12:42 PM
We plan on being there.

Greatgrills
09-05-2006, 12:56 PM
We are planning on doing this one

Jeff_in_KC
09-05-2006, 02:20 PM
Wayne, didn't know you were considering it. Was I just too effected by Shiner Bocks on Saturday?? Need an entry form... Jamey? Anyone?

MoKanMeathead
09-05-2006, 02:30 PM
Jeff,
Didn't know about this until I read the Bullsheet yesterday. Just sent you an email with the entry form.

Jeff_in_KC
09-05-2006, 02:43 PM
Thanks Wayne! Just got it and printed it out.

SinginBob
09-05-2006, 02:50 PM
I want to do this one just becasue of the name! Brain Injury Association! I will likley be a patient of theirs by the end of Friday evening!

Paola Greg
09-05-2006, 02:58 PM
I want to do this one just becasue of the name! Brain Injury Association! I will likley be a patient of theirs by the end of Friday evening!

So Wayne ruins his arm last year in DeSoto in October, now you're taking him to a Brain Injury contest,,,,,,,,,,,,LOL,,,,,,,,
We'll miss you guys at Kill Creek Farm.

lazyjacres
09-05-2006, 05:28 PM
Spice, Sorry i couldn't make it. The wife had company come in from KC and I didn't want to bring a big crew to your house.
If anyone needs entry forms let me know. I would like to see this be a big first sanctioned event.
Don't forget, I am looking for judges also. I would like to load thing up with certified judges. we don't seem to get a good judge turn out in this area for some reason.

Greatgrills
09-05-2006, 06:04 PM
If you could please send me an entry form [email protected] Thanks

Solidkick
09-05-2006, 08:21 PM
The Belly Brothers will be doing this one without Mr. Kick....I will be taking inventory at the store.....I'll make an appearance at some point through the event, but I won't be cooking....

I'd rather have a rectal enema than miss a competition....

Jeff_in_KC
09-05-2006, 09:02 PM
Brother Kick... you don't look well. You look like you might have a fever coming on. From all outward appearances, it looks like it could peak around October 13 and last for 2-3 days. I'm no doctor but... I'm just sayin'. :wink:

SinginBob
09-07-2006, 08:59 AM
Team Q will be there !!! Jamey: Sorry you missed our little get together the other day!!

Spice

I'll have a new set of "sing-along songs" just so the Meatheads and Team Q can do some more 6-part harmony!!! Tell John to tune up!

I'm looking VERY forward to cooking with you guys again!!

Bubba
09-07-2006, 09:39 AM
We plan on doing this one

Bubba and Jeff's BBQ
Cooking on a trash can near you

Jeff_in_KC
09-07-2006, 09:59 AM
We plan on doing this one

Bubba and Jeff's BBQ
Cooking on a trash can near you

Glad to hear it! See you there if not before!

Fredbird
09-07-2006, 10:08 AM
I'll have a new set of "sing-along songs" just so the Meatheads and Team Q can do some more 6-part harmony!!! Tell John to tune up!

I'm looking VERY forward to cooking with you guys again!!

I,m always in tune. :roll: Do you have the words for "My Sharonna"?

It will be good to cook with you guys again, it's been to long!

jt
09-07-2006, 12:17 PM
I'd rather have a rectal enema than miss a competition....
There are other kinds? :eek:

Jeff_in_KC
09-10-2006, 08:14 PM
How many teams are expected at the BIA contest? Anyone know?

Greatgrills
09-10-2006, 08:43 PM
From what I hear as of last week there were already 13. We sent our entry in last week which would make 14. Since it a first year they will only need 15. The prize money that is offered is based on 25 teams.

How many teams are expected at the BIA contest? Anyone know?

Jeff_in_KC
09-10-2006, 10:46 PM
Mark, I also mailed my entry on Thursday. I think Mokan entered last week. That'll make at least 16. Looks like probably a nice little contest.

Greatgrills
09-10-2006, 11:02 PM
I think that they will get plenty of teams..We have one week off and then we are going to be doing 5 in a row..Should be a good time that weekend.

Jeff_in_KC
09-13-2006, 02:19 PM
I had a question about the contest and Aimee just gave me a call. She indicated while we were talking that there will be ONLY 25 teams tops in this contest and to tell all you guys not to wait until the last minute if you haven't sent your entry form in yet. They're over half way full now so bust your humps, brothers! I asked if the seven Brethren teams who indicated they were going could be placed together in consecutive sites and she said she would do that if we all got money/entries in ASAP. Told her the following:

Team Q
Belly Brothers
Chick n Pig (I'm assuming you're cooking this one Skip?)
Big Creek BBQ
MoKan Meatheads
Great Grills O' Fire
Bubba and Jeff's BBQ

River City Smokehouse
09-13-2006, 03:06 PM
I will be there only dressed as a judge.

Jeff_in_KC
09-13-2006, 03:16 PM
I will be there only dressed as a judge.

I thought that's what I remembered you saying, Jim.

lazyjacres
09-14-2006, 11:53 AM
Aimee just informed me that we will have a lottery Friday night at the cooks meeting. One lucky team out of the hat will receive their entry money back.

Jeff_in_KC
09-14-2006, 02:32 PM
Aimee just informed me that we will have a lottery Friday night at the cooks meeting. One lucky team out of the hat will receive their entry money back.

LOL! She emailed me and asked me to post this same thing on the Brethren site! You have a 1 in 25 chance of getting your entry fee back that night! Get 'em in, guys! :wink:

Rickwieser
09-14-2006, 06:19 PM
does anyone know how big the space is. Our RV is 30 ft but we really don't want to pay for a second space. worse case guess I could rough it like the old days.

Greatgrills
09-14-2006, 08:10 PM
There is nothing wrong with roughing it...We do it all the time and have a great time!!!! Didn't know you were planning on cooking this one Rick.

Jeff_in_KC
09-14-2006, 08:32 PM
Rick, Aimee told me all sites are pull throughs... you shouldn't have to rough it. But if you WANT to rough it, we'd be glad to trade for one night! LOL!

Rickwieser
09-16-2006, 04:48 PM
I would like to be included in the Bretheren teams that will be in attendance. If possible I would like to be placed in bretheren Row too Thanks Rick

SloppyQ
09-16-2006, 05:21 PM
Jamey do you need more contestants or certified judges, myself and Dave may be willing to do either. Let us know.
Lee

SinginBob
09-25-2006, 08:53 AM
I,m always in tune. :roll: Do you have the words for "My Sharonna"?

It will be good to cook with you guys again, it's been to long!
Per John's request. BTW, we will have a practice session at the Royal on Friday night at the Meathead's sight. I expect all of Team Q and Great Grills to be there!!

My Sharona

Ooh my little pretty one, pretty one.
When you gonna give me some time, Sharona?
Ooh you make my motor run, my motor run.
Gun it comin' off the line Sharona
Never gonna stop, give it up.
Such a dirty mind. Always get it up for the touch
of the younger kind. My my my i yi woo. M M M My Sharona...

Come a little closer huh, ah will ya huh.
Close enough to look in my eyes, Sharona.
Keeping it a mystery gets to me
Running down the length of my thighs, Sharona
Never gonna stop, give it up. Such a dirty mind.
Always get it up for the touch

When you gonna give it to me, give it to me.
It is just a matter of time Sharona
Is it just destiny, destiny?
Or is it just a game in my mind, Sharona?
Never gonna stop, give it up.
Such a dirty mind. Always get it up for the touch

lazyjacres
09-25-2006, 11:13 AM
Lee, I can use both. I would rather see the teams come in to fill the contest and keep the pay out up there. But, you are always welcome to do either.
I'm not sure how many teams we have, but I know we can use more. I hope to see you there either way.

Solidkick
09-26-2006, 12:34 PM
From what I'm hearing, the "Who's Who" from MO and KS in BBQ is going to be at this contest. Everyone better bring their "A" game....a top 10 finish would be something to be proud of!

Jeff_in_KC
09-26-2006, 01:21 PM
From what I'm hearing, the "Who's Who" from MO and KS in BBQ is going to be at this contest. Everyone better bring their "A" game....a top 10 finish would be something to be proud of!

I have no clue as to why but we have yet to do worth a squat in central Missouri except for Warsaw where we got two thirds and 6th overall. Sedalia, Columbia and Laurie were probably our lowest scoring contests of the season. We hope to pick it up a notch or two this time! At least my wife tells me we are! :lol:

SinginBob
09-26-2006, 01:40 PM
I have no clue as to why but we have yet to do worth a squat in central Missouri except for Warsaw where we got two thirds and 6th overall. Sedalia, Columbia and Laurie were probably our lowest scoring contests of the season. We hope to pick it up a notch or two this time! At least my wife tells me we are! :lol:

Could it be my singing?:eek: But I wasn't at Columbia...:wink:

spicewine
09-27-2006, 08:21 AM
Ya Bob!! That was it !! Look forward to seeing you Meatheads in Herman or at the Royal.

MoKanMeathead
09-27-2006, 12:30 PM
Jay - us Meatheads won't be at Herman. :cry: Getting ready for the Royal. You guys stop by at the royal (Spot 782 - around the corner from Skip)., We will definately see you in Columbia.

Oh - good luck to Team Q in Herman - you guys are on a roll.

spicewine
09-27-2006, 03:15 PM
We will be in spot # 668 at the Royal this year. See ya that Thursday

Doorbusters
09-28-2006, 02:19 PM

Jeff, Maybe I can help change that! A good cooler attendant can go a long ways!!!!!! Good for at least a top 50!

Jeff_in_KC
09-28-2006, 08:00 PM
Jeff, Maybe I can help change that! A good cooler attendant can go a long ways!!!!!! Good for at least a top 50!

I'm taking SIX Shiner Bocks with me to Columbia... that's IT. Not much attending to that! LOL! We're going to cook. I'll let Jay do the drinkin'! :wink:

Oh and there will only be 25 teams there... if I can't make the top 50... :lol:

SinginBob
09-29-2006, 09:51 AM
I'm taking SIX Shiner Bocks with me to Columbia... that's IT. Not much attending to that! LOL! We're going to cook. I'll let Jay do the drinkin'! :wink:

Oh and there will only be 25 teams there... if I can't make the top 50... :lol:

That's OK, we're bringing the Margarita machine! So when you run out of Shiner's you can drink margaritas!! Last contest of the year--you don't have a choice!:icon_devil

Jeff_in_KC
09-29-2006, 09:53 AM
That's OK, we're bringing the Margarita machine! So when you run out of Shiner's you can drink margaritas!! Last contest of the year--you don't have a choice!:icon_devil

Fark! I was afraid of that! :shock:

Jeff_in_KC
10-04-2006, 09:40 AM
I exchanged an email with Aimee at the BIA. She sent me the list of teams and we're missing two Brethren teams:

Belly Brothers
Chick n Pig

Are you guys going to sign up? There are currently only 15 teams and they can take ten more. So... Andy? You said yesterday that you wished you were in... there you go! How 'bout you, SloppyQ? Interested?

EDIT: She emailed me back and said she left Smokin Mother Ruckers off the list she sent me. If you all have gotten your emails with maps, she's assigned our spaces already:

Team Q - 48
Big Creek - 47
Smokin Waltz - 49
Great Grills - 46
Bubba and Jeff - 45
Mokan Meatheads - 50
Smokin Mother Ruckers - 44

Solidkick
10-04-2006, 12:53 PM
Bellys aren't cooking it......I have inventory and the others are going to judge. We'll all be out to see everyone Friday night.

Don't know why Skip isn't in it.

BTW...don't take the Smokin' Walzes too lightly...they could jump up and win this thing....they've been cooking backyard for years, this is their 1st year for KCBS...and they can cook! Top 10 at Bass Pro and awalk in brisket at Hermann.

SinginBob
10-04-2006, 01:56 PM
Hmmm...they put us away from the rest of the Brethren. Did someone tip them off about us?!!

Jeff_in_KC
10-04-2006, 03:45 PM
Hmmm...they put us away from the rest of the Brethren. Did someone tip them off about us?!!

Bob, you didn't look at the map, did you? There are two rows of pull thru sites with "Christy Lane" running between them. All Brethren teams are on the right end.

61\60\59\58\57\56\55\54\53\52\51\50\49\48
--------------------------------------------
Christy Lane
--------------------------------------------
33/34/35/36/37/38/39/40/41/42/43/44/45/46/47

44 - Smokin Mother Ruckers
45 - Bubba & Jeff
46 - Great Grills
47 - Big Creek
48 - Team Q
49 - Smokin Walzes
50 - MoKan Meatheads

All of the rest of us TRIED to get you in site 61 but the BIA said that wasn't playing nice with our friends. :lol:

That formatting is a little off. You're actually directly across from Bubba and Jeff.

Jeff_in_KC
10-04-2006, 03:51 PM
Bellys aren't cooking it......I have inventory and the others are going to judge. We'll all be out to see everyone Friday night.

Don't know why Skip isn't in it.

BTW...don't take the Smokin' Walzes too lightly...they could jump up and win this thing....they've been cooking backyard for years, this is their 1st year for KCBS...and they can cook! Top 10 at Bass Pro and awalk in brisket at Hermann.

Looking forward to seeing you guys out there on Friday night!

SloppyQ
10-04-2006, 09:54 PM
I exchanged an email with Aimee at the BIA. She sent me the list of teams and we're missing two Brethren teams:

Belly Brothers
Chick n Pig

Are you guys going to sign up? There are currently only 15 teams and they can take ten more. So... Andy? You said yesterday that you wished you were in... there you go! How 'bout you, SloppyQ? Interested?

EDIT: She emailed me back and said she left Smokin Mother Ruckers off the list she sent me. If you all have gotten your emails with maps, she's assigned our spaces already:

Team Q - 48
Big Creek - 47
Smokin Waltz - 49
Great Grills - 46
Bubba and Jeff - 45
Mokan Meatheads - 50
Smokin Mother Ruckers - 44

Mentioned doing this one to wifey, got that look. October is a busy month should probably sit this one out. Come spring look out, I plan on kick'n a$$. May come up and visit.
Lee (SloppyQ) Should see some of you a Royal.

Jeff_in_KC
10-05-2006, 07:45 AM
When my wife gives me that look... I just ignore it and act like I didn't notice it! :lol:

SinginBob
10-09-2006, 04:02 PM
For Columbia: Friday, high 58, low 44 and very DRUNK after dark!!:twisted::twisted::twisted:

Chick'n Pig BBQ
10-09-2006, 07:41 PM
We signed up today! We might be a no show depending on my dads surgery.
I would really miss not cooking with you all.
Skip

Jeff_in_KC
10-10-2006, 08:33 AM
We signed up today! We might be a no show depending on my dads surgery.
I would really miss not cooking with you all.
Skip

We'll think positive for your Dad, Skip! But you know what's most important if you need to miss.

Jeff_in_KC
10-10-2006, 01:42 PM
Looks like we need two more teams to get to double points!

To: Jeff Stith
Subject: BBQ
Sent: Tuesday 10/10/2006 12:54 PM

Attached are the team names and their slot locations. Also I have listed them by the team number they will be assigned at the competition. Hope this helps, would you mind sending this to your group of guys so they know where they are located. Thank you. Have a great day.

1. Team Q Slot 48
2. Big Creek Slot 47
3. Smokin Walzs Slot 49
4. Great Grills O’ Fire Slot 46
5. Mokan Meatheads Slot 50
6. Bubba & Jeffs BBQ Slot 45
Jamey Johnson Check In Slot 51
7. K’s Slot 52
8. Chickn’ Pigs Slot 44
9. Set It & Forget It Slot 53
10. Gators Get R Dun Slot 43
11. In Deep Sauce Slot 54
12. Smokin Mother Ruckers Slot 42
13. Mizzou BBQ Team Slot 55
14. BBQ 2 Slot 41
15. Muddy River Boys Slot 56
16. Wonderful Waltzs Magical BBQ Slot 40
17. Smokin O’ BBQ Slot 57
18. Barn To Grill Smokers Slot 39
19. JCQ Slot 58
20. Sauce Baron.Com Slot 38
21. Ponderossa BBQ Slot 59
22. Beam Boys BBQ Slot 37
23. Smokin Til The Sun Comes Up Slot 60

Volunteer RV Slot 61
Volunteer RV Slot 33

SinginBob
10-10-2006, 02:42 PM
Cool! I feel sorry for the team stuck between Team Q and The Meatheads--the Smokin' Walzs!! !!:twisted::shock::twisted:

baggs
10-10-2006, 05:22 PM
Singin' Bob- Maybe the Smokin' Walzs are looking forward to giving yourself and Fredbird singing lessons!!!!! I will bring lots of firewood so your voices don't freeze up. Should be a great time in Columbia this weekend! Great to see a good response to this contest. Look forward to seeing everyone!!

Jeff_in_KC
10-10-2006, 05:36 PM
Singin' Bob- Maybe the Smokin' Walzs are looking forward to giving yourself and Fredbird singing lessons!!!!! I will bring lots of firewood so your voices don't freeze up. Should be a great time in Columbia this weekend! Great to see a good response to this contest. Look forward to seeing everyone!!

Brian, will you show me how to trim a brisket? LOL! I don't think I learned enough Friday night! :lol:

Solidkick
10-10-2006, 10:00 PM
The Walzs are great people....we tease him about bringing a chain saw to cut his brisket.....then the farker hits top 10 with it at Hermann...there went that joke out the window! Include them and they will be fine!

Jeff_in_KC
10-10-2006, 10:04 PM
The Walzs are great people....we tease him about bringing a chain saw to cut his brisket.....then the farker hits top 10 with it at Hermann...there went that joke out the window! Include them and they will be fine!

I haven't had the chance to meet them yet, Gary. Looking forward to it Friday!

baggs
10-11-2006, 04:23 PM
Jeff, had fun watching you give that brisket a close shave. Barely remember that! Got a little fuzzy after that. Was glad to have the cooking over with so we could indulge and that we did!! Good luck to you and everyone that is coming to Columbia. See ya'all on Friday.

Plowboy
10-11-2006, 07:48 PM
Okay, looks like I'm coming to Columbia afterall to help run for Rick of Smokin Mother Ruckers. I'll be there Saturday. Hope to meet a lot of you.

Jeff_in_KC
10-11-2006, 09:19 PM
Well gentlemen (and Bob)... looks like I'm officially out of the alcohol festivities on Friday and Saturday. Doc put me on a Z-pack today. I've missed a day and a half of work out of the three this week and don't feel much better tonight. I'm just trying to fight this beyotch off so I can make it down at all! But I'm gonna have to have one foot in the hospital before I cancel and miss out on this!

HoDeDo
10-12-2006, 09:01 AM
Well gentlemen (and Bob)... looks like I'm officially out of the alcohol festivities on Friday and Saturday. Doc put me on a Z-pack today. I've missed a day and a half of work out of the three this week and don't feel much better tonight. I'm just trying to fight this beyotch off so I can make it down at all! But I'm gonna have to have one foot in the hospital before I cancel and miss out on this!

Who knows ... I might have to sacrifice and cook it on your behalf. Swoop in at the last minute. :twisted:

Get WELL!!!!

Jeff_in_KC
10-12-2006, 10:03 AM
Who knows ... I might have to sacrifice and cook it on your behalf. Swoop in at the last minute. :twisted:

Get WELL!!!!

Andy, why don't you swoop in and party, judge or something? :lol:

spicewine
10-12-2006, 10:26 AM
I'd just like to see Andy Swoop!!!

smknwhlswife
10-12-2006, 03:10 PM
I'd just like to see Andy Swoop!!!

That would be scary!!! But no chance of Andy showing up now. He and Matt(other half of Smoke on Wheels) will be cooking a catering gig Fri-Sat.

We will be visiting those teams out at DeSoto Friday evening. They are doing a chili cookoff for Kookers Kare. We are going to bring some homemade cornbread for those teams.

Good luck to all!:-D

HoDeDo
10-12-2006, 09:41 PM
Man, even Kim is bagging on me with you two! I am one swoopin SOB. Just ask the guy holding the empty bottle of crown royal.:shock: Bobby? Wayne? anyone? helloooo.......? heh heh :wink:

HoDeDo
10-12-2006, 09:57 PM
That would be scary!!! But no chance of Andy showing up now. He and Matt(other half of Smoke on Wheels) will be cooking a catering gig Fri-Sat.

We will be visiting those teams out at DeSoto Friday evening. They are doing a chili cookoff for Kookers Kare. We are going to bring some homemade cornbread for those teams.

Good luck to all!:-D

Kim's right - no chance for me now... this is charity cooking weekend. Just spent all day doing the united way charity bartender dinner for Breit's; doing the DU stuff this weekend. It's zoo central this month....

BTW, we'll have 20 loaves like these for the teams doing the Kookers Kare fundraiser this weekend.... Kim is a cornbread makin fool!!!!

Jeff_in_KC
10-12-2006, 10:39 PM
Things just got interesting around the Big Creek camp tonight... Taylor went to bed with a slight fever right at 100. If it isn't normal in the morning, she can't go to school and so Tammy can't go to Columbia! FARK! And I've been coughing my fool head off all evening. Thankfully tomorrow will mark 48 hours on the antibiotics so I won't be getting anyone sick at least. :roll: Better go get some sleep so I don't bonk tomorrow night.

EDIT: Her fever is 101.5 this morning. I'll be joining Rick in "Iron Manning it" this weekend unless she's better by Saturday morning. Leaving soon...

Plowboy
10-13-2006, 08:08 PM
Where is this contest at in Columbia exactly? I need to get there tomorrow morning to help run for Smoking Mother Ruckers.

Solidkick
10-14-2006, 10:08 AM
Where is this contest at in Columbia exactly? I need to get there tomorrow morning to help run for Smoking Mother Ruckers. I PMed you my phone numbers this morning, but I guess I missed you...no shape to be on the PC last night....

Well....we did you brothers that couldn't be there proud on Friday night....Singing Bob and the MoKans, songbird FredBird and the Team Q guys, the Smokin' Walzs, Becky from Great Grills, the Sauce Barons crew, Jamey, Sweet T and the Mr. and probably a few more that I didn't mention were in rare vocal form....I'm sure several were thankful for quiet time at 11PM, but we gave it hell up to that point! What a good time! T said it felt so wierd to be there with all our friends and not be cooking, and I have to agree. Thanks again to all for their hospitality, and best of luck to all the teams. I'll check the board when I get home tonight for the results.

Jorge
10-14-2006, 04:52 PM
Via the grapevine I understand that Team Q! added another GC to the trophy table with Bubba and Jeff getting the RGC. Congrats to all!

Plowboy
10-14-2006, 09:40 PM
We shall rebuilt it. Make it better than it was: Better, faster, stronger.

Time for version 2.0, Wayne! :grin:

Jeff_in_KC
10-14-2006, 09:44 PM
You heard right, Jorge! It was a great showing for the Brethren. we had seven teams in the 23 team field and finished as follows:

1. Team Q
2. Bubba and Jeff
3. Great Grills O' Fire
5. Chick 'n Pig
6. Big Creek BBQ
10. MoKan Meatheads
11. Smokin Mother Ruckers

Damned near took the whole top Ten and probably would have if we had more teams competing!

Congrats to Team Q on another Grand. And Bubba and Jeff's BBQ... damn guys! You all have come from newb to reserve grand in one season! Great job! Lots of calls for Brethren teams but I'm too danged tired to go get my sheet and type 'em all. But suffice it to say we took a large majority of the awards (they called and paid through sixth place each category). A really nice contest is a good location. Cold as hell but fun. My first time ever not drinking a drop of booze at a contest (due to Z-Pack) and it was not fun. I learned one thing this weekend. I will never do a complete contest by myself again. That was like BBQ boot camp. I feel wiped out! Turns out Taylor has strep throat and Tammy wasn't able to come down at all. I made it through and didn't think about what I'd done until Spice came over and pointed it out. I guess I'm pretty proud of it but it REALLY made me appreciate how much Tammy means to me at contests! I missed her a lot!

Brian, thanks a bunch for staying around and helping me wrap up the loading! Hope you made it home safely.

That's a wrap for 2006 guys! What a great ride! Thanks to everyone for your help, advice and friendship!

MrSmoker
10-15-2006, 06:13 AM
Congrats to all the brethren teams that got called,WTG

Rickwieser
10-15-2006, 07:57 AM
Congrats to all. What a nice contest. Hat is off to aimee. some of the big contests could learn a few things from her. Skip congrats on the calls. You were a great neighbor. You can set up next to me anytime. I thought you were gonna take it all. Bubba and Jeff. you guys did great. Great cooks. I knew I should have brought a box of toothpicks for yall. Still kinda hurts being stomped by a couple guys with trash cans. LOL. amazing is all I can say. Jeff great to meet you. I too will not ever do a iron man again. After almost all 7s for appearance I realize how important my wife is to my team. A huge thanks to Todd (Plowboy)for helping run my boxes. I couldnt have done it without him. He has a spot in my camp anytime. its folks like him that show what this sport of BBQ is all about. I missed Cacroake at the meat heads. But ill wait for the album. TEAM Q great bunch of guys congrats. Glad I finally got to meet you. I gotta take a better look at one of them cookers. they are nice. Mark and Becky. You guys are true bbq ambassadors. As always it was a pleasure. Darrel and lawler. thanks for your hospitality. You guys are a lotta fun. sloppy good to meet you. Im forgetting some people but its beena long weekend. I feel like this is a speech at the emmys as it is. Lousy as we did it was a blast. I do want to thank the acadamy.(just kidding).

Plowboy
10-15-2006, 08:33 AM
A huge thanks to Todd (Plowboy)for helping run my boxes. I couldnt have done it without him. He has a spot in my camp anytime. its folks like him that show what this sport of BBQ is all about.

Are you kidding? I plucked so many 'secrets' yesterday that next year people will be saying "Great Grill O Who"? Pork Pullin Plowboys will be on the lips of ever man, woman and child. 2007 will be the year of the Plowboy. Look out people.

Solidkick
10-15-2006, 09:05 AM
LOL....I forgot to mention that the MoKans had to go to the bullpen for a back up margarita machine....

Congrats to all that walked....I'm telling ya, there is some tough competition in the midwest....we'll see you all out there next year!

big daddy Q
10-15-2006, 09:41 AM
Jay, John, brian, and steve, wow thats great I'm glad I was payin attention in K.C. I'll try to follow in your footsteps, I dont know if I can without one of those sleeveless SPICEWINE T-shirts. congradulations brothers!!

HoDeDo
10-15-2006, 10:12 AM
Great job guys... sounds like it was another one for the record books! Sorry I couldn't be there!

DeSoto's Kooker's Kare Chili contest on Friday evening was a HUGE success, so it was great to see things there go off so well.

Bubba and Jeff!!! Damn boys, you guys are all over it!!! It so great to see you doing so well. And of course congrats to Team Q for another Grand!

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone out next year...

Jeff@KC
10-15-2006, 10:55 AM
Just wanted to tell everyone thanks for all of the help this year! Bub and I had so much fun getting to know everyone in a somewhat short period of time. Hopefully we can do this for a long time! Wayne and the guys from Mokan, you guys have taught us what competing is all about!!! team Q if it wasn't for you guys, we would still be putting our stuff in a box with NO garnish (HA). thanks to BIG CREEK for showing us what it is like to actually be ORGANIZED! (We will never be that professional). Mark and Becky, you have been unbelievably nice to some boys that are NOBODIES!! You guys just plain kick ass... We want to tell you and Becky that our hearts are with you through all of the health problems. I know that everything will be fine, and you will be kicking our ass again next year. But most of all, we want to thank Snail for just plain teaching us how to cook!! That guy RULES!! And for Fitzy, If these people only knew what we have been through, they wouldn't believe it. Can't wait to see and cook with you A.S.A.P! SEE YOU ALL SOON.....

The_Kapn
10-15-2006, 12:02 PM
Sounds like good times and good cooking.

Way to go guys.

TIM

spicewine
10-15-2006, 01:48 PM
Thanks to all for the kind words and encouragement you all have given us over the past few years!! Who said lightning doesn't strike twice!!! It is indeed an honor to be cooking with you folks and it is all of you that make the competition so fun. Wayne, let us know what the plumber says about the margarita machine and thank Ron for the new drink recipe ( Ron's Bloody Butt ) :eek: There is nothing like seeing Singn' Bob in a Santa Hat singing X-Mas tunes. Lots of great teams, lots of great times and lots of great memories.

Thanks

Spice

MoKanMeathead
10-16-2006, 08:34 AM
What a great contest!! Congrats to everyone but especially Team Q and Bubba and Jeff on the Grand and Reserve.

A huge THANK YOU to the Belly Bros - my baby (the margarita machine) bit the dust early in the afternoon - thought we might have to drink the tequila straight. But the Belly Bro's came through and let me borrow their margarita machine - how great is that!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap We realy appreciated that!

Anyone know a couple of guys that can cook chicken and brisket?? :twisted:

HoDeDo
10-16-2006, 09:47 AM
I do, I do!!!:wink:

BellyBrotherII
10-16-2006, 10:49 AM
What a great contest!! Congrats to everyone but especially Team Q and Bubba and Jeff on the Grand and Reserve. Wayne no problem. We are glad to help out. I have uploaded a picture I think of Our Grand Champion's site.

Greatgrills
10-16-2006, 10:50 AM
Wanted to say congrats to everyone that got their name called. It was great seeing everyone and like every contest we had a great time. See everyone next year. Again congrats Team Q and Bubba and Jeff:-P

spicewine
10-16-2006, 10:53 AM
Notice the handicap sign in front of our smoker!! :roll:

Fredbird
10-16-2006, 11:07 AM
The handicap sign explains a lot, doesn't it?

Hey guys, thanks for everything. It's great cooking with you guys. I can't wait till next year.

Thanks again,
Fredbird (Songbird)

bbqbull
10-16-2006, 12:23 PM
Congrats on the great showing.

BellyBrotherII
10-16-2006, 12:42 PM
That pictures has more than a thousand words, so it was easyer to post the picture and let the brotheren read into the picture. Congrats To All that walked.

SloppyQ
10-16-2006, 01:02 PM
Had a good time judging this event, one of the best. Congrats to all. See everyone next year.

Lee (SloppyQ)

SinginBob
10-16-2006, 01:18 PM
What a great way to end the year--great friends, margaritas and loud singing (I didn't say GOOD)!!

Congrats again to Team Q and Bubba and Jeff!!

smokincracker
10-16-2006, 07:56 PM
yeeeeeeehawwwww
awsome Jay, Brian John & Steve are the GCs
good show guys....1st place chicken awsome

Jeff_in_KC
10-17-2006, 12:20 PM
Word has it that a certain Grand Champion is going to be on the radio tonight discussing this contest with its organizer. Publicity Whores!!!!!!! LOL!

Do us proud, Jay!

spicewine
10-17-2006, 12:45 PM
Had to keep up with BQ :wink:

Solidkick
10-17-2006, 05:06 PM
Word has it that a certain Grand Champion is going to be on the radio tonight discussing this contest with its organizer. Publicity Whores!!!!!!! LOL!

Do us proud, Jay!

http://www.ksszfm.com/ 5:15PM

The_Kapn
10-17-2006, 05:25 PM
http://www.ksszfm.com/ 5:15PM

Thanks BRO KICK.

Caught most of it after figuring out the navigation and firewall thingies :redface:

Great Job Jay !!!!!!!

TIM

Solidkick
10-17-2006, 05:28 PM
Thanks BRO KICK.

Caught most of it after figuring out the navigation and firewall thingies :redface:

Great Job Jay !!!!!!!

TIM

Should be a podcast available tomorrow....maybe Poo will download and attach to this thread.....

BBQchef33
10-17-2006, 05:34 PM
where is it?

spicewine
10-17-2006, 08:18 PM
Didn't have much air time because we wanted Amy to do most of the talking. Wanted to get a shout in to the Brethren but didn't get an open shot. Maybe next time.

Spice

burnin butts
10-17-2006, 08:49 PM
It was a fun year for team SauceBaron.com. But I have to say out of all the contests that we've been to, BIA was by far the the most fun!
I give team Q the the credit that they deserve.. They tought us how to BBQ drunk!!! I really think that's the secret to great BBQ.

Solidkick
10-18-2006, 12:39 PM
Podcast link is: http://kssz.libsyn.com/

should be the top of the listing of podcasts

spicewine
10-18-2006, 02:11 PM
Sounds like I should have stood a little closer to the microphone.:oops: