PDA

View Full Version : Cleanup

ggriffi
08-09-2006, 05:49 PM
First, if I have posted in the wrong category please feel free to move this to a more appropriate category. Second, I did a search and didn't come up with what I was looking for so if any of you can guide me to a post that has what I am looking for please do so.

We are doing our first comp (libertyville) and in the process of getting ready for this, Iam becoming concerned with my clean up process, or should I say lack of one. At home is one thing, just not sure of how to do/set up evrything. I think that I understand the idea of three tubs, rinse,bleach water, and rinse again right? Also, is it ok to use your bare hands for washing or am I suppose to use gloves? Does my trash container have to be covered or be a certain distance away from the prep area?

So how do you handle you clean up, and what things did you find helped you the most?

Thanks,
g

MilitantSquatter
08-09-2006, 08:19 PM
Don't stress the cleanup and overthink things...

All you need is the three tubs - clean water, soapy water, water/chlorine mix. Clean as you normally would. Dishwashing gloves are not required for the cleaning but are not a bad idea. A good scrub brush came in handy too with a sponge.

No rules written about trash containers needing to be covered or where to keep them on your site. We use large trash bags, kept just outside of the prep tent and just keep the tops closed until they are full to be tied up and disposed of.

BrooklynQ
08-09-2006, 08:23 PM
Technically once an item is rinsed in the bleach water its supposed to air dry to comply with Servsafe standards. If you rinse with water again you are risking bacterial contamination.

As for garabe, try to keep it away from the prep area but convientent. I don't think KCBS has any rules about it.