PDA

View Full Version : BBQ Boot from Wyoming

WyomingLawDog
08-15-2014, 02:08 PM
Hello, being a newbie from Wyoming. Great forum with lots of help that I have been able to read. I moved to Wyoming 10 years ago from St. Louis Missouri. I am a Police Officer, started my police career in St. Louis just about 2 miles from where the Ferguson riots had been going on prior to moving to Wyoming in 2004. Anyway, I grew up around BBQ in Missouri but was not much BBQ in Wyoming when I first moved here 10 years ago, even though it is catching on finally in the cowboy state. Pork is slowing being excepted in Wyoming, was hard to find when I first moved here even though Beef is still king around here. Look forward to learning new BBQ recipes for beef, brisket and smoked prime rib, along with others. I love pork also being raised in Missouri, my favorite is Memphis style BBQ, with dry rub ribs. I have been interested in competition BBQ for some time and a huge fan of BBQ shows such as BBQ pit masters. Always looking to learn and improve. I currently own a cheap Char-Broil offset smoker/grill. I am currently looking to purchase a Yoder 1500 pellet smoker this coming winter before spring 2015 hits. I am not all that far off from being able to retire and would love to do competition BBQ when I retire. I have been listening to some advice and decided to become a certified BBQ judge first, going to my class September 18th in Spearfish SD, looking forward to it. Learn to be a good judge first before I take a step into becoming a cook in competition BBQ. Anyway, thanks for letting me be a part of this forum, lots of great advice. Brad

Thingfish
08-15-2014, 04:26 PM
It sounds like you're ready to do some cooking, Brad. welcome to the forum!

Blythewood BBQ'er
08-15-2014, 05:14 PM
Welcome to the Brethren!

IamMadMan
08-15-2014, 05:54 PM
Welcome to the forum WyomingLawDog, glad to have you join us and take part in the other forums here.

I hope to see you in the "Q-Talk" forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

We have many other different forums here...
For those who are interested in competing, We have a "Competition" talk forum.

We also have a "Catering, Food Handling and Awareness" and "Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses". We also have a trading forum where members can trade sauces and rubs from different areas around our country.

Smoke Dawg
08-15-2014, 06:39 PM
Welcome WLD! There is some amaxing cooking to be done with a cheap offset. Have you made any modifications to it? Good choice with the Yoder. I don't have one but have been wanting one for awhile

bbqbull
08-17-2014, 02:01 PM
Welcome to the forum Brad!

cowgirl
08-17-2014, 09:39 PM
Welcome to the Brethren Brad!

bluetang
08-18-2014, 08:14 AM
Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

BBQ_MAFIA
08-18-2014, 11:14 PM
Welcome from New Jersey!

Diesel Dave
08-19-2014, 05:57 AM
Welcome to the madness, enjoy your stay!