PDA

View Full Version : A month to Hudson Valley Ribfest

Yakfishingfool
07-18-2006, 02:44 PM
Now that the season is in full swing. Who;s coming up here? I'm in the neighborhood and hope ot make it over. Never heard about my first judging event so probably will be around to kibbitz. Scott

rbsnwngs
07-18-2006, 02:47 PM
we will be there with beers on

Q Haven
07-18-2006, 03:12 PM
Q Haven will be there. It will be our 4th competition.

Yakfishingfool
07-18-2006, 03:21 PM
Very cool. gotta get a brethern shirt so I can figures you all out. will be there to wander and talk. anybody need anything? Any help?? Scott

WannaBeBBQueen
07-18-2006, 05:47 PM
I'm gonna come and root for everyone :icon_cool

MilitantSquatter
07-18-2006, 07:52 PM
I'll be cooking too..

SmokeInDaEye
07-20-2006, 12:38 PM
We are going to try to pull it together in time. Does anyone know how many teams were there last year? I couldn't find much info on the website. Any room to pitch a tent?

- Clint

djmarko
07-20-2006, 12:53 PM
I'll be there judging.

SmokeInDaEye
08-03-2006, 08:52 AM
We just dropped our check in the mail and are looking forward to our first non-grilling competition! Anyone else making the trip?

- Clint

Sledneck
08-03-2006, 08:56 AM
I will be there to hang out or judge or if anyone needs a pit bitch i work for vodka

Sawdustguy
08-03-2006, 10:22 AM
We will not be at Hudson Valley because we are cooking at New Holland the week after. Back to back contests will surely have me sleeping on the family room sofa.

CharlieBeasley
08-03-2006, 10:32 AM
I'll be there judging both days. Scott did you get the email from Mike Fleck. I will send it to you either way it went out last week. See yall there

SmokeInDaEye
08-09-2006, 12:10 PM
Perhaps MikeFick can confirm, but it looks as though Adam Perry Lang will also be competing. I received an email confirming that our check was received and Adam was also on the email list. Even more great talent to beat the pants off of us in our first KCBS competition! should be educational.

- Clint

Rockaway BeachBQ
08-11-2006, 02:55 PM
Can anyone provide me with info about late saturday check in times? Is this contest still open?

I just got the call that my new truck is at the dealership and I am finally ready to hit the circuit!!

When are most of you planning on arriving? My thought is to arrive Saturday afternoon/evening but there is nothing on the website about evening checkins.

Rockaway BeachBQ
08-11-2006, 02:59 PM
Perhaps MikeFick can confirm, but it looks as though Adam Perry Lang will also be competing. I received an email confirming that our check was received and Adam was also on the email list. Even more great talent to beat the pants off of us in our first KCBS competition! should be educational.

- Clint

according to http://www.daisymaysbbq.com/bbq.html
he will be at Amazin Blazin BBQ Cookoff, but it is possible he decided to do a local contest.

MilitantSquatter
08-11-2006, 10:10 PM
Can anyone provide me with info about late saturday check in times? Is this contest still open?

I just got the call that my new truck is at the dealership and I am finally ready to hit the circuit!!

When are most of you planning on arriving? My thought is to arrive Saturday afternoon/evening but there is nothing on the website about evening checkins.

You should e-mail Mike or Stephanie to confirm what the last check in time will be, but I believe one of the e-mails stated something to the effect of teams are set up on Sat. they are not allowing anyone else to enter the site with vehicles. I'm guessing they were not planning on Sat evening arrivals.

I had to correspond to them when the e-mail came out this week that the cooks meeting for the grilling event on Sat was going to be held Friday evening instead of Sat morning per the contest reps. Since I was not planning to arrive until early Sat morning, I did not know how closely they were going to enforce the "mandatory" cooks meeting..

I was not even sure if I am still going to do any of the grilling entries, but if the Friday meeting was going to be monitored, I wanted to know if I would be given a refund for the grilling entry fee based on the change of schedule.

Luckily, they e-mailed the contest reps and they said it was OK if I arrived early Sat and would talk to me during the grilling meat inspection.

SmokeInDaEye
08-12-2006, 12:29 AM

Congrats on the new truck! We are going early saturday so we can get settled. Stop by when you get there, though. We've got a ton of seafood coming from FLA and will have plenty to eat sat night. Obviously the same offer goes for all the brethren heading to new paltz!

Rockaway BeachBQ
08-12-2006, 12:39 AM
It would be a real push to be ready for Saturday morning, I was never very confident the truck would be on time (it was scheduled for delivery monday). So I have not registered for the contest.

I am itching to pack the truck and go but it I need to see what kind of mood the wife is in after tomorrow, because right now she is experiencing a bit of "buyer's remorse". The reality of the expense hit her hard after a tough days work. Hopefuly tommorow she will be excited to take a little road trip in the new toy.

SmokeInDaEye
08-12-2006, 12:59 AM
Definitely don't push to get there early. You are welcome to hang out with us whenever you arrive! I'll be the one sweating, doing all of the work, while the rest of the team drinks and relaxes :)

rbsnwngs
08-12-2006, 05:51 AM
come hang with us we'll be the team drinking and relaxing while everybody else works and sweats

Q Haven
08-12-2006, 09:04 AM
Stop by and visit us too, the small cooler will be for meat and the large one is for beer!

Q Haven
08-13-2006, 07:42 PM
This looks like it will be a great event! Here's the lineup:

2006 Hudson Valley RibFest
PARTICIPATING TEAMS

The Anchormen
Hawgwild
Baba's BBQ
Hill Country Barbecue
Bad Bones BBQ Crew
Hog Heaven BBQ
BBQuetioners
I Smell Smoke
BBQkwannabee
Ma's Que Crew
Beacons Bandits
Muzzle Brake Outfitters
Beef Rubbers
The Old Plantation
Better BBQ Bureau
Primal Meat Smokers
Big Bob's Barbeque
Purple Turtle Catering Co.
Big Dog Barbecue
Q Haven
Cork `n Pork
Red Planet Barbeque
Daisy May's BBQ
Smoke in Da Eye
Dirty Dick & the Legless Wonders
Smoke on the Water
Double "J" Barbecue
Smoke Rise Smokers
Dr. Frank N. Swine
Smokeadelic
Giggling Pigs BBQ Company
Smokin `n' Jokin'
Memphis Barbeque Company
Team Wildeman
3 Beer Guts & a Longhorn
Vinegar Hill BBQ
Yankee Barbeque
Fat Boy BBQ
Jack McDavid

YFF
08-13-2006, 08:10 PM
How many of these guys are here? I'm not going to judge this weekend but do want to come by and say hello to the brethern around. So who's the guys from here? Scott

PS, FORMERLY YAKFISHINGFOOL....trying to get the computer straightened out. Scott

Q Haven
08-13-2006, 08:17 PM
I highlighted a few of the teams from the list of brethren teams.

CTSmokehouse
08-13-2006, 08:30 PM
Thank you for highlighting "Primal Meat Smokers". We are a Brethren Team and are entering our first Comp. We are looking forward to meeting all of you. Please come by and say hi!

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

MilitantSquatter
08-13-2006, 08:31 PM
Thanks for posting the list Ted.... Where did you get it from ? Did I miss an e-mail from the organizer ?

I'm about 95 % sure I'm going to skip the grilling contest entirely on Sat. Gonna use that time to relax & hang out with everyone and and also prep a bit earlier for Sun.

Looking forward to seeing everyone who will be there competing, judging or just visiting.

YankeeBBQ
08-13-2006, 08:35 PM
Thanks for posting the list Ted.... Where did you get it from ? Did I miss an e-mail from the organizer ?

I'm about 95 % sure I'm going to skip the grilling contest entirely on Sat. Gonna use that time to relax & hang out with everyone and and also prep a bit earlier for Sun.

Looking forward to seeing everyone who will be there competing, judging or just visiting.

WIMP !!!

Q Haven
08-13-2006, 08:36 PM
The team list was posted on the NEBS message board.

MilitantSquatter
08-13-2006, 08:45 PM
WIMP !!!

I know Steve !!! That's why I'm leaving the 5% open window... I paid the entry for it, but since Sean's not with me this weekend, I have to pull his weight workload wise (and the extra expenses of not going 50/50)... My father's coming to help so it probably won't be so bad...

I'll probably get the urge to do the grilling when I go shopping later in the week... We'll see.....

BBQchef33
08-14-2006, 12:44 AM
I think theres another brethren team on there somewhere.

Wheres Waldo Mod.

:mrgreen:

rbsnwngs
08-14-2006, 05:24 AM

Wheres Waldo Mod.

what could it be oh mighty one

CTSmokehouse
08-14-2006, 05:51 AM
On the schedule for Saturday: 4:00 PM Cooking Demonstration: "The Best Ribs Ever!" - Will Breakstone /I Like Smoke-n-Lightning!

Just in time for the KCBS Comp. Sunday.

Are you competing also or just showing us how?

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

rbsnwngs
08-14-2006, 06:55 AM
i am competing as well but under a different name

YankeeBBQ
08-14-2006, 07:08 AM
Best ribs ever huh ? I don't think so...........

rbsnwngs
08-14-2006, 07:26 AM
Best ribs ever huh ? I don't think so...........
hey i didnt pick the name but i think i can live with it

YankeeBBQ
08-14-2006, 07:33 AM
hey i didnt pick the name but i think i can live with it

Yeah but can live up to it ? :mrgreen:

rbsnwngs
08-14-2006, 07:34 AM
we'll find out wont we

CTSmokehouse
08-14-2006, 07:34 AM
Will B. are you vending?

Can we buy some of the "Best Ribs Ever!"?

Is your comp name near Jack Mc David's?

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

rbsnwngs
08-14-2006, 07:38 AM
no we are not vending
i will give you some of the best ribs ever along with a beer
i will give you 3 guesses at the name

djmarko
08-14-2006, 07:43 AM
Oh, this is going to be a fun weekend!

SmokeInDaEye
08-14-2006, 09:48 AM

Wheres Waldo Mod.

I've got even money on "3 beer guts and a longhorn".

LostNation
08-14-2006, 01:50 PM
Looks like the drinking pen will be open next weekend. I plan on coming down on Saturday to be a table captain. Spend thew rest of the day and night in the drinking pen then be a table captain again on Sunday. I need to leave soon after the last turn in to travel back home. Looking forward to going to a contest and not having to cook.

CTSmokehouse
08-14-2006, 05:48 PM
no we are not vending
i will give you some of the best ribs ever along with a beer
i will give you 3 guesses at the name
Today 08:34 AM

I have a hunch but it may not be politically correct!
Yours in BBQ,
Cliff

are you kidding me politically correct
its apparent we have not met yet or you would not say that.
Today 08:56 AM

Will B.
We have met and it was a pleasure. We were casually introduced at the 2005 Hudson Valley Rib Festival on Sunday 8/21/05 by a Highland Rotarian, I believe it was Mike Fick. He remarked that he enjoyed watching you jump up 3 feet in the air when you won Sausage and Beef Steak on 8/20. I look forward to enjoying some of the best ribs ever and the beer. Thank you for the offer. I look forward talking to you in person. I look forward to our first comp. and some friendly words of advise. I am still contemplating my 3 guesses.
Yours in BBQ,
Cliff

p.s. i am not adept at the quote mod.

rbsnwngs
08-14-2006, 06:47 PM
What time is everyone getting there
I am arriving friday night around 11pm if anybody wants to have a couple of beers

now on to meeting you the question is was i sober

barfly
08-14-2006, 07:42 PM
I am arriving friday night around 11pm if anybody wants to have a couple of beers

friday night? oh this is gonna throw a wrench or two into the works.

Yakfishingfool
08-14-2006, 08:05 PM
Anyone going to be there friday evening or day? I am off and would be willing to help out anybody if they needed anything. Drop me an email or PM. I don't have any brethern wear, so will have a pink carnation in my lapel. Actually, I'll be the naked fat guy with tthe pink carnation taped to my lapel. Scott

Jorge
08-14-2006, 10:19 PM

1:30

Q Haven
08-14-2006, 10:49 PM
I am planning to arrive at around noon Friday. I will be alone until Saturday morning when the rest of the team is slated to arrive so feel free to come by and say hi.

Sledneck
08-15-2006, 09:29 AM
The forces of evil have summoned me to work this weekend. I gotta say this summer has really sucked for me. First i miss the bash then i miss this. Worst part is the wife and kids are in florida enjoying themselves this weekend

djmarko
08-15-2006, 11:06 AM
The forces of evil have summoned me to work this weekend. I gotta say this summer has really sucked for me. First i miss the bash then i miss this. Worst part is the wife and kids are in florida enjoying themselves this weekend

Steve, what happened to "when the cats away the mice will play"?

BrooklynQ
08-15-2006, 03:06 PM
I'm going up on Sunday to Judge.

Sledneck
08-16-2006, 07:19 AM
Steve, what happened to "when the cats away the mice will play"?

the mouse will be breaking his ass

nancee
08-16-2006, 05:42 PM
We should roll in about 7 Friday nite. You will see our new banner!!! Come hang out with us too...
nancee
PTCC

rbsnwngs
08-16-2006, 06:46 PM
i'll be the fat guy drinking all by himself
wait that dosent help
i'll be the handsome fat guy drinking by himself

Yakfishingfool
08-16-2006, 08:27 PM
wait that dosent help

Naked or not??? Not there is anything wrong with that....will try to be there friday afternoon evening. Not sure what the deal is with spectators on the grounds at those times. Guess I'll find out when I get there. If anyone needs something let me know. Scott

Q Haven
08-16-2006, 08:31 PM
From the contest web site:

The Ribfest begins on Friday, August 18th (4pm-11pm) and will be featuring the band, "Hot Rod." The Ribfest is open August 18th (4pm-11pm) August 19th (11am-11pm) and August 20th (11am-4pm.)

Friday info for teams:

Friday, August 18, 2006
10:00 am to 9:30 pm: Check in. Team sites will be awarded first come, first served. Please enter via the Vendors/Ribbers/Contestant side entrance.

7:00 pm: COOKS' MEETING for Saturday, August 19, NEBS Contest. (Location: Youth Building)

Yakfishingfool
08-17-2006, 08:27 AM
cool beans. Scott

djmarko
08-17-2006, 08:45 AM
wait that dosent help

Will, I'd hate to see you drinking by yourself. So I'd be glad to make sure that doesn't happen.

rbsnwngs
08-18-2006, 05:36 PM
the beer is on ice and i'm almost on my way