PDA

View Full Version : How do y'all handle team decisions?

Kirk
07-15-2006, 09:29 PM
When it comes to scheduling the work at a comp, making final decisions on taste and appearance on turn ins, etc..., how do you run your team? Do you have a pit boss who has the last word or are you more diplomatic about it?

Jeff_in_KC
07-15-2006, 09:59 PM
Since it's just my wife and me, she makes all the decisions... :oops: :roll:

Kirk
07-15-2006, 10:36 PM
Gotcha, rolling pin mod! :wink:

parrothead
07-16-2006, 12:23 AM
My opinion, there needs to be an absolute boss. The boss needs to of course take the opinion of everybody else into consideration, but there needs to be one guy with the final word.

Work wise, just split stuff up. If somebody ain't covering then they don't get an invite back.

kcquer
07-16-2006, 06:31 AM
On most teams there is one person bearing most of the financial burden, IMO that person has the right to be the final word. Any one who really wants a team effort, will consider the input of those he is working with but ultimately, if you're scratching the checks, you're calling the shots.

scottyd
07-16-2006, 08:38 AM
I agree with KC if your the money man you are the decision maker, as with Jeff, I too compete with my wife, so we do make our decisions together. I do not however never have a opinion on garnish, I lay the pieces out on foil and the wife says yes or no. so I arrange until she says that will work.

hey were a team.

cmcadams
07-16-2006, 03:40 PM
Jeff's wife must make good decisions.... they took 10th place in Grand Rapids this weekend... And it was great meeting both of you, Jeff.

We split the entries into who's in charge of each one, and that person has final say in the entry. Usually, my wife has final say in the entry for appearance, but she stayed home to watch my dog this weekend.

voodoobbqIL
07-16-2006, 03:57 PM
I agree that one person needs to ride herd so to speak. We have the issue that our team memebers are a rotation so there is always the main person that delegates the jobs. Everyone kind of knows what they are good at and it seems to run smooth but one person needs to be thinking 5 steps ahead and keeping the team on track.

HoDeDo
07-16-2006, 04:25 PM
We split the catagories up every contest, and whomever "owns" that catagory also owns the box and any final decisions for that catagory. We are actually taking the a step further, and going to take on specific catagories for comp. and stick to ONLY those - to try to drive some consistency. (we were switching up catagories at every contest)

KC - on our team we split the financial burden evenly, and have a cooker sponsor.... so no money factor to drive the decision making.

ole'e
07-16-2006, 08:25 PM
Rock Paper Scissors!!