PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from the Land of 10,000 Lakes

CornHawk
06-12-2014, 05:35 PM
Greetings. Longtime Lurker decided to take the plunge and start contributing. I work on a Brinkman COS and a converted aluminum trash can (affectionately referred to as Oscar). Currently in the process of building a custom WSM and looking to start a UDS build later this summer. Entered my first backyard contest a few weeks ago and took 3rd overall (out of 17) and a 1st place call in the "Surprise" category, which ended up being BBQ baked beans.

Right now my favorite thing to smoke is a whole pork tenderloin....cheap, quick, and takes on just about any flavor profile you feel like throwing at it. I'm partial to my current flavors, but we'll see what tips we can share back and forth.

Love making my own sauces and rubs...and experimenting with crazy combinations.

Look forward to being a part of the brethren. Keep on cookin...Low and Slow.

Blythewood BBQ'er
06-12-2014, 06:10 PM
Welcome to the Brethren!

Smokeoholic
06-12-2014, 06:10 PM
http://i58.tinypic.com/11jon78.gif

deguerre
06-12-2014, 06:12 PM
Welcome der, eh? Ya. You betcha!

IamMadMan
06-12-2014, 07:14 PM
Welcome aboard CornHawk, glad to have you here.

Don't be afraid to look around and explore the other forums.

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

BBQ_MAFIA
06-12-2014, 08:31 PM
Welcome

Big George's BBQ
06-12-2014, 08:40 PM
Welcome

bluetang
06-13-2014, 07:26 AM
Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.