PDA

View Full Version : Rockin Ribfest - Merrimack

BoneDaddy's
06-05-2014, 10:09 PM
I know a bunch of teams have dropped out, I get it. Who is in!

Granny's Gang Barbeque
06-06-2014, 08:54 AM
Well, you won't be alone. Granny's Gang Barbeque will be competing on both days.

mgp03051
06-06-2014, 06:31 PM
how many teams do they have signed up ??? been trying to get this info from them all week to no avail,.. and they took the competitor's reserved sites off of there webpage.. so no clue as to how may teams are going

Elancer
06-06-2014, 10:11 PM
We'll be there! It appears that there is 16 competitors booths available for reservation out of the original 45. 29 teams may be going, but who can really tell. It's strange that we can no longer see which teams reserved spots for the contest.

BoneDaddy's
06-07-2014, 02:15 PM
I know a few teams are dropping out....So I think 29 is a very high number.

BoneDaddy's
06-07-2014, 02:17 PM
Mike/Ed,

You both have humphrey's and I was planning on getting one. Can't decide between the pint or battle box. Two questions for you...why did you chose the one you have and which waterpan option did you go with?

Frank

Elancer
06-08-2014, 10:59 AM
Hi Frank,

I chose the Battle Box for easier transport and space concerns, because I only use a small 5'x10' trailer and also budgetary reasons. I knew I would still use my 22" WSM for pork and chicken, so I knew I would have plenty of space for brisket & ribs in the Battle Box. I chose the slide out water pan for ease of use at competitions. I believe the temperature variation using the slide out water pan is a little more the the drop in. My Battle Box has a 25 degree temperature difference from the top rack to the bottom, with the top rack being hotter, while running at 275 degrees (top rack) using a Guru. I have been told by another Humphrey's owner that his Qube'd Box with drop in water pan has only has a 15 degree difference for any spot in the pit and has more steaming effect, but has to fill the water pan more often. Good luck with your choice, I know you'll be happy with whatever choice you make!