View Full Version : QMaster-Junior is just upgraded

woodpelletsmoker
06-04-2014, 05:18 AM
http://allchinas.com/junior/juniornew1.jpg
http://allchinas.com/junior/juniornew2.jpg
New Ports
http://allchinas.com/junior/junior2.jpg
Old Ports

We have redesigned hardware of QMaster-Junior.
Software and function is nearly same.
We also change in/out ports.

Package of QMaster-Junior, 10 CFM fan, Fan adapter A or C, AC/DC adapter $99, air mail $20, total $119

All old buyers of Junior can buy the new Junior only at $40, air mail $10, total $50 (Junior only, no fan, no fan adapter, no AC/DC adapter, no probe, you are supposed to use old ones)

All old buyers, whatever you bought before, can buy Package of QMaster-Junior, 10 CFM fan, Fan adapter A or C, AC/DC adapter $69, air mail $20, total $89. This offer is good till ended by the seller at any time

QMaster-ez is under development and shall be ready later July.
QMaster-ez is same as Junior, but adds 4 pieces of built-in Li-ion battery 18650. Indeed you need to buy the battery locally. It is not allowed to send battery via air mail. AC/DC adapter is included. It can also charge the battery when powering the controller. The hardware and software is much more complicated than using common AA battery.

If you publish your review of Junior with real story, picture and hopefully Video,if it is attractive and has enough viewers, I will give you free QMaster-ez for next review. I plan to give away 10 pieces of QMaster-ez. But not limited to 10. maybe more, maybe less depending on numbers of viewers

Amigatec
06-04-2014, 07:36 PM
I want one, just the controller.

Ronjenn
06-04-2014, 07:55 PM
The upgrades to the Qmaster-Junior look very good! I will be very interested to see what the differences are between the Qmaster-Junior and the Qmaster-ez!

woodpelletsmoker
06-04-2014, 08:17 PM
I want one, just the controller.
you can pay to sale@allchinas.com via Paypal.com
And you need to leave me a message what you want when making payment

woodpelletsmoker
06-04-2014, 08:34 PM
The upgrades to the Qmaster-Junior look very good! I will be very interested to see what the differences are between the Qmaster-Junior and the Qmaster-ez!
QMaster-ez has 4 pieces of battery, model 18650.
Voltage of each 18650 is 3.6 to 3.7 V.
The controller will work under 12 VDC and maximum output is also 12 VDC.
I will supply you an AC/DC adapter 12 VDC.
This way if needed, you can also use your car battery.
To charge 4 pieces of 3.7V battery by a 12 VDC power is not an easy job.
There are a few extra switches and more complicated program.
If you have a 110 VAC power on site, you just use the AC/DC adapter.
The battery will be charged at same time.
This way the battery is always on full.
4 pieces of 18650 battery are big enough to work 10+hours on a big smoker.

If we used common AA battery, if you forget to bring new battery with you, the controller would be a dead thing.

Even though the 4 pieces of 18650 battery will cost $20, in 2 to 3 years of service life, it will be much cheaper than many pieces of common AA battery

woodpelletsmoker
06-04-2014, 08:36 PM
We overall re-designed hardware.
Even though the operation manual is nearly same,
the PBC inside looks much different.

Amigatec
06-05-2014, 03:39 AM
I think is upgrade is a good one, I broke the plastic plugin on my QMaster sr and will have to fix it.

Are you going to upgrade the Sr as well?

woodpelletsmoker
06-05-2014, 05:07 AM
I think is upgrade is a good one, I broke the plastic plugin on my QMaster sr and will have to fix it.

Are you going to upgrade the Sr as well?

Instead of soldering jacks on PCB, new Jr and Sr. will screw jack on casing

chickenchoker
06-05-2014, 07:29 AM
I like the upgraded jacks. Once these are wifi they will be solid. I think we are going to use the senior on 2 cookers this weekend. Overnight on the WSM for a butt and a brisket, and then on the backwoods for chicken and ribs. We already run the stoker on the animal lover but do not have the upgraded power suplly to run 2 fans so we are putting the Q master to the test. updates to follow

aztech
06-05-2014, 04:15 PM
Is the new model available yet? Your ebay listings show the previous model with the older connections?

Big Fish
06-05-2014, 04:30 PM
Is the new model available yet? Your ebay listings show the previous model with the older connections?

I'd like to pull the trigger on this and buy one too, but wondering the same thing. Being an IT guy, I would love to test this. :doh:

woodpelletsmoker
06-05-2014, 09:32 PM

All new model. eBay simply is not updated yet

woodpelletsmoker
06-05-2014, 09:35 PM
I'd like to pull the trigger on this and buy one too, but wondering the same thing. Being an IT guy, I would love to test this. :doh:

If you bought anything from me, you will get discount as mentioned above.
If you are new, please buy from eBay
If you post review and it attracts enough viewers, I will send you a FREE QMaster-ez for next review

Big Fish
06-05-2014, 09:48 PM
woodpelletsmoker, I have an electric smoker and don't need the fan. Can I use one probe for temp of the smoker and another probe for the meat?

Big Fish
06-05-2014, 09:49 PM
I just noticed, it only has one input. :shock:

woodpelletsmoker
06-05-2014, 10:17 PM
woodpelletsmoker, I have an electric smoker and don't need the fan. Can I use one probe for temp of the smoker and another probe for the meat?
Both Senior and Junior are not designed to work for electrical smoker.
But you can set P=0, and to control a relay for your electrical smoker.
Outlet of Senior/Junior is 12 VDC 2 A.
You can buy relay locally.
As I understand you need a thermometer other than a thermostat
If I am right, you can buy wGrill.
wGrill is same as Therm duo, but uses Wifi instead of bluetooth
To use WIFI you need some knowledge of I.T.
But even under most worse result it is same as therm Duo. if not better.
At last $79 is always a favor over $199

woodpelletsmoker
06-05-2014, 10:18 PM
I just noticed, it only has one input. :shock:
Senior has two probes and will be ready earlier July

Big Fish
06-06-2014, 02:27 AM
Senior has two probes and will be ready earlier July

Count me in. I will order one! Let us know when it's ready, bud!:wink:

Big Fish
06-06-2014, 03:17 AM
Wow, 4 probes?

Amazon.com : Tappecue 4 Probe Remote BBQ Thermometer with Mobile Apps : Grill Accessories : Patio, Lawn & Garden@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41G33yOxNcL.@@AMEPARAM@@41G33yOxNcL

woodpelletsmoker
06-06-2014, 04:13 AM
Wow, 4 probes?

Amazon.com : Tappecue 4 Probe Remote BBQ Thermometer with Mobile Apps : Grill Accessories : Patio, Lawn & Garden (http://www.amazon.com/Tappecue-Probe-Remote-Thermometer-Mobile/dp/B00GWTTCES%3FSubscriptionId%3DAKIAJ7VMODKUTIUWFY2Q %26tag%3Dsmokingmeatforum-pro-mct-li-t-d-20%26linkCode%3Dxm2%26camp%3D2025%26creative%3D165 953%26creativeASIN%3DB00GWTTCES)

wGrill has 2 probes with WIFI, price $79
We are also developing a new model with 4 probes and WIFI. price would be $99

Big Fish
06-06-2014, 04:31 AM
wGrill has 2 probes with WIFI, price $79
We are also developing a new model with 4 probes and WIFI. price would be $99

Wow, fantastic, I look forward to trying out the new model. I will keep a look out!

Amigatec
06-07-2014, 04:30 PM
Payment is on the way!!!

woodpelletsmoker
06-07-2014, 09:53 PM
Payment is on the way!!!

Please click this $1 list. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251552707199

woodpelletsmoker
06-07-2014, 09:58 PM
I grilled mutton, small blocks on skewer yesterday.
In my 18" UDS or PBC , I set the pit temp. at 160C.
The new Junior kept pit at 160-161 C iron stable.

Ttobyt
06-22-2014, 10:17 AM
When will the qmaster senior be available. I want something with a meat probe.

woodpelletsmoker
06-22-2014, 10:29 AM
Senior shall be ready middle of July

Amigatec
06-22-2014, 12:42 PM
Put me down for one.

Amigatec
07-05-2014, 09:57 AM
What are the default settings?

I doesn't work like my old one, I need to reset something.

woodpelletsmoker
07-05-2014, 10:44 PM
What are the default settings?

I doesn't work like my old one, I need to reset something.
Default data of new version is much different from old version
You can do a deep reset to default.
Both versions work well
But for best performance you need to find the best data of P,I,D, Hdc, Udc, T for your very own smoker.

Big Fish
07-06-2014, 03:06 AM
woodpelletsmoker, you have some Customer Service there, it is refreshing. Keep up the good work!

Amigatec
07-06-2014, 06:21 AM
Default data of new version is much different from old version
You can do a deep reset to default.
Both versions work well
But for best performance you need to find the best data of P,I,D, Hdc, Udc, T for your very own smoker.

The problem I was having was getting the pit up to temp. The old one would bring it up very quickly and hold it there. But the new one stopped at around 140-150*.

I am going to write down the default settings and see what they are.

woodpelletsmoker
07-06-2014, 07:10 AM
Just set I=0, D=0
and try different P
Set Udc as in the manual.
When outlet green light is on, the blower must spin. if not, increase Udc

woodpelletsmoker
07-06-2014, 07:12 AM
The problem I was having was getting the pit up to temp. The old one would bring it up very quickly and hold it there. But the new one stopped at around 140-150*.

take it easy.
It is a typical result of wrong P,I,D, Udc, T.

woodpelletsmoker
07-08-2014, 09:53 PM

We have 2 fans, one is 10 CFM, the other is 50 CFM
Different fans need different Udc data.
Even same 10 CFM fans need different Udc.
You must tune Udc of your very own package.
If Udc is too low, the outlet green light is blinking, but the fan does not spin, and your smoker will keep at lower temp. than desired

wdbyrd
07-16-2014, 04:51 PM
Hi I bought a Junior and would love to buy the upgraded one for the discount. How do you want me to go about it to buy it?

woodpelletsmoker
07-16-2014, 08:46 PM
If you need full package, $89
If you need new Junior only, $50
just pay to sale@allchinas.com and leave me a message

Rogsworld
07-29-2014, 02:55 PM
I would like to get a qmaster junior with adapter "A" I also need the 50 cfm fan. Ebay does not give you any options to upgrade the fan.

woodpelletsmoker
07-29-2014, 10:02 PM
I would like to get a qmaster junior with adapter "A" I also need the 50 cfm fan. Ebay does not give you any options to upgrade the fan.

just buy from ebay and pay list price.
Please leave me a message you want 50 CFM fan.
I will send you a money request of $10 directly from paypal

Rogsworld
07-30-2014, 01:55 PM
Done

woodpelletsmoker
08-13-2014, 02:18 AM
Latest operation manual here http://allchinas.com/junior/junior.htm
Old versions may have slight different

Houseman
09-10-2014, 05:28 AM
If you need full package, $89
If you need new Junior only, $50
just pay to sale@allchinas.com and leave me a message

I'm also interessted in a full package (for WSM), would I get the same discount?

woodpelletsmoker
09-10-2014, 07:04 AM
I'm also interessted in a full package (for WSM), would I get the same discount?

package for WSM, QMaster-Junior, 10 CFM blower, Blower adapter D, AC/DC adapter, $115, air mail $25, total $140
50CFM blower at extra cost $10
Hi-Temp. probe instead of standard pit probe at extra cost $5

JKrewg
09-15-2014, 12:04 PM
Any suggestions on starting points for PID settings? 55 gallon UDS. I have the Udc set correctly, 10 CFM fan.

woodpelletsmoker
09-15-2014, 12:34 PM
Any suggestions on starting points for PID settings? 55 gallon UDS. I have the Udc set correctly, 10 CFM fan.
Default is good in my mini UDS diameter 16', height 16"

JKrewg
09-23-2014, 06:44 AM
This weekend I smoked some shoulder using the Junior, turned out great by the way.

I calibrated the probe on the Junior using boiling water and I'm right on. I also used another digital thermometer, that had also been calibrated using boiling water also.

My problem/question is the probes did not agree at all, about 50 degrees off. They were located in the same place on the smoker. How could this be...both calibrated with boiling water...but don't agree when put in the smoker????

Amigatec
09-23-2014, 07:51 PM
This weekend I smoked some shoulder using the Junior, turned out great by the way.

I calibrated the probe on the Junior using boiling water and I'm right on. I also used another digital thermometer, that had also been calibrated using boiling water also.

My problem/question is the probes did not agree at all, about 50 degrees off. They were located in the same place on the smoker. How could this be...both calibrated with boiling water...but don't agree when put in the smoker????

I have noticed the same thing, I place mine within about 1/2" of each other, and show several degrees off. The only one I worry about is the Qmaster, it's the one running the pit.

woodpelletsmoker
09-23-2014, 08:52 PM
You can find a trusted thermometer.
Then calibrate Senior with it at target temp.
I am afraid that you can only find a trusted thermometer from a science lab.
But most popular temp. for low&slow smoking is 225F, you can calibrate it in boiling water at home.
Please note some of you got hi-temp. probe as pit probe. Its max. temp. is 850F. But it is not waterproof. You can not calibrate it in boiling water.
the Meat probe is waterproof. You can calibrate meat probe in boiling water.
then calibrate hi-temp. probe with meat probe.

JKrewg
09-30-2014, 06:56 AM
I did some baked beans this weekend, mostly to try and get the PID settings on the Junior correct and play with temperature. What I found was that if I put the pit probes in a more vertical position the probes were very close in temp to each other. I read on the net that having the probes in a horizontal position will allow them to "absorb" more heat because of the length of the metal probe. Makes sense to me so that's what I'm going with.