PDA

View Full Version : Fall Bash date is set

parrothead
07-10-2006, 08:28 AM
Looks like it needs to be September 15th,16th, and 17th, as a competition has sprung up on the following weekend that we may be wanting to do.

Sooooo..... Let the planning begin.

Anyone that is flying in needs to coordinate and we can't just get tickets willy-nilly as the airport is an hour away in good traffic. We first need to know who is flying in and what day. Thursday arrivals are welcome as well to help set up for Friday. I can make a run on Thursday to the airport and with any luck either Bill or Ron or both can make a run on Friday. Phil knows the way and has rented a vehicle in the past and maybe he will again.

Midway is the airport to fly into unless you have no other option and need to fly into Ohare if it eliminates a long hold over or something for you getting here.

Anyone that is thinking about making it should really try as this may be the last fall bash held at my house for two reasons. One is that we think that the size may get bigger and may need to start moving off site to a larger gathering area such as a cmpground. The second is that we are thinking about moving the midwest bash up and down the Mississippi valley in order to facilitate more members being able to attend. This is something that we can discuss this year at the bash.

So let's start planning first by getting some responses as to who is coming for a fact and which of those members are flying in or driving and what day they are planning on coming in.

Those that plan on driving and can offer up space for others, please do.

Any off topic stuff will be deleted as it will be hard enough trying to coordinate without sifting through. Leave off topic to the other fall bash threads.

OK, we're off!

bbqbull
07-10-2006, 09:57 AM
Im in, I will be driving. I will probably arrive on Thursday.
Mike

BBQchef33
07-10-2006, 10:22 PM
Thursday arrivals are welcome as well to help set up for Friday.

I just booked. I'll be in thursday evening at 4:30. Will make a costco run on the way from the airport for last minute stuff and do some shopping, so make me a list. Should arrive at Gregs around 8.

Jeff_in_KC
07-11-2006, 08:00 AM
I'm not sure I can make it before late night on Friday, maybe 11pm or so? Depends on my vacation I have left. I'll either be in late evening Friday or best case around noon on Friday. I'll be driving and once I know my schedule, I'll offer up the five or so other seats in my Q van (with the crooked decal lol!) to any Brethren I'll be passing on the way by.

Davewey
07-12-2006, 08:17 PM
Give it a 50/50 chance I’ll make it. Just got the wife’s blessing. Now I just have to shuffle a few work things and I can get the odds up to 80/20. Wish me luck.

PimpSmoke
07-30-2006, 12:18 PM
I'm in.

Anyone needs a ride I'm rollin south from central WI.

ciret
08-02-2006, 10:41 PM
It's on the calendar. I've got lots goin' on, buying house, lots of work changes, but planing on showing up :mrgreen:

Doorbusters
08-28-2006, 07:43 PM
How's thing's progressing for the Bash? No posts for a couple of weeks... How many are coming and what do I need to bring?

You need to bring Doorbusters! Hold a seat in the crooked party van. If I sit in the front the letters will be straight!

Neil
09-01-2006, 10:30 AM
We will be arriving Friday evening. If the wifey comes we will head back that night, if not, I'll be towing the popup and staying till morning.

Jeff_in_KC
09-11-2006, 12:42 PM
So let's start planning first by getting some responses as to who is coming for a fact and which of those members are flying in or driving and what day they are planning on coming in.

Those that plan on driving and can offer up space for others, please do.

Me, Doorbusters and Mark are coming... looks like we'll be leaving the KC area at Dawn's crack on Friday morning and arriving early afternoon Friday. We currently have up to three places available in the van. Let me know if we're coming by any of you and you need a ride.

Right now, I'm planning on picking up Doorbusters around 6:30 AM Friday and Mark in St. Peters around 10 or 10:30 AM. If that schedule works for you, let me know ASAP.

Mark
09-11-2006, 02:56 PM
Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 77.

Thursday Night: Clear, with a low around 56.

Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 81.

Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 57.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 79.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 59.

Sunday: Partly cloudy, with a high near 81.

bbqbull
09-11-2006, 04:10 PM
Im leaving Thursday morning about 9 am. I have room in my truck if anybody else from Mid-Michigan wants to ride with me. I have a cab and 1/2 Ford p/u. I can squeeze in 3 riders. Please let me know if you need a ride. Either on the forum or via PM.

Jeff_in_KC
09-11-2006, 04:15 PM
Mark, I need to be home by 3pm on Sunday so we'll probably leave EARLY on Sunday morning. Will that work for you?

Weather looks to be great! Nice cool nights for a bonfire to sacrifice more Spam?

Ron_L
09-11-2006, 04:52 PM
Weather looks to be great! Nice cool nights for a bonfire to sacrifice more Spam?

I'm sure that there will be sacrificial Spam regardless of the weather!

Keep in mind that Gregg is close enough to Chicago to guarantee that the weather forecast will change at lest once per day until the bash. :-D

Bill-Chicago
09-11-2006, 09:28 PM
Keep in mind that Gregg is close enough to Chicago to guarantee that the weather forecast will change at lest once per day until the bash. :-D

Although Morris is quite a ways out, I'll stretch the Chicagoland definition (just a little) to say bring clothes for 60* to 90*.

60 degree nights can easily be followed by an 80degree day, but 60% humidity might make it toasty. Shorts, jeans, light jacket, somethingwater proof (besides a condom), should be in order

It's like camp, plan on everything

Mark
09-12-2006, 08:50 AM
Mark, I need to be home by 3pm on Sunday so we'll probably leave EARLY on Sunday morning. Will that work for you?

Works for me Jeff. When you come back through St. Peters, slow down and I'll jump.

bbqbull: If you have any room in your truck and happen to accidently "run across" any Caribou or Moose, toss em in the back for me buddy.

jt
09-12-2006, 09:25 AM
It's like camp, plan on everything
There was this one time, at bash camp...

Ron_L
09-12-2006, 10:59 AM
There was this one time, at bash camp...

If anyof you guys bring a flute, I'm leaving...

Bill-Chicago
09-12-2006, 11:51 AM
If anyof you guys bring a flute, I'm leaving...

skin? Sorry, its attached

Jeff_in_KC
09-12-2006, 04:09 PM
You farkers are starting to concern me... not scare me... just concern!

Jorge
09-12-2006, 04:19 PM
You farkers are starting to concern me... not scare me... just concern!

I'd Sctochguard the seats in the van, just in case:wink:

Arlin_MacRae
09-12-2006, 05:01 PM

Like, ew.

Bill-Chicago
09-12-2006, 06:35 PM

I'm removing the seats in my van, if you know what I mean :wink:

PimpSmoke
09-12-2006, 07:34 PM
Hey do we have a number unofficially, so I's can plans how much give outs to bring??

parrothead
09-12-2006, 07:38 PM
About a dozen should do it.

Bill-Chicago
09-12-2006, 07:43 PM
About a dozen should do it.
Cool, 12pks of condoms

I'm planning on 24, just in case.

2 cases of rub mod

parrothead
09-12-2006, 07:50 PM
Anybody have any special shopping requests? I am shopping tomorrow. I will have plenty of ribs, butts, briskets, chicken, and fatties.

I WILL be making bagna cauda in case you were wondering.

PimpSmoke
09-12-2006, 07:55 PM
my stuff will be in the marinade when i get there. All I need is a webber or any grill for that matter.

I can't wait till the Bro's try this. The flatulence will be phenomenal!!!!!!!:twisted:

PimpSmoke
09-12-2006, 07:55 PM
Oh yeah, I'm really lookin forward to that Bagna Cauda, Greg.

Bill-Chicago
09-12-2006, 08:02 PM
Oh yeah, I'm really lookin forward to that Bagna Cauda, Greg.

Skip it

I want jerky!

parrothead
09-12-2006, 08:08 PM
Jerky will be happening. Bob is making a batch and I am making a batch.

PimpSmoke
09-12-2006, 08:08 PM
Bill, have you been been stalking my recipes on other forums???

Sorry but the Dr. Evil finger to the mouth gesture would be very appropriate now!:wink:

Jeff_in_KC
09-12-2006, 09:08 PM
Got any mustard, Greg? Or should I bring my own? LOL!

I'd love it if Poobah would make his famous boneless babyback sandwich that he posted here once! That sucker looked phenominal!

I'll probably do my ribs I do at comps and hopefully some of you farkers can try 'em and tell me what I might try differently.

parrothead
09-12-2006, 09:33 PM
Got any mustard, Greg? Or should I bring my own? LOL!

I'd love it if Poobah would make his famous boneless babyback sandwich that he posted here once! That sucker looked phenominal!

I'll probably do my ribs I do at comps and hopefully some of you farkers can try 'em and tell me what I might try differently.

I am sure that Phil will make his prime rib and cheesy bread.

Ron_L
09-12-2006, 09:45 PM

Oh yeah! We'll be smellin' soooo good! :-D

Is Bob making beans? If not, I have a great recipe that I can bring. I'm also going to make up a couple of Fatty Ronellos that we can cook sometime.

How about man meat? You guys want any brats or other sausage? I can go by a local meat market that makes great sausages.

bbqbull
09-12-2006, 10:55 PM
Dang, gotta say im really looking forward to makin my first bash. Im really looking forward to meeting some of the Brethren Brothers and hone my Q-uin skills. Best part is my wifey said, go have a great time and enjoy yourself.
See ya this weekend. I will be arriving sometime Thursday afternoon.
Mike

Bill-Chicago
09-13-2006, 08:16 AM
Wait till you guys play the adult bash version of Show AND Tell

jt
09-13-2006, 10:05 AM
How about man meat?
the bash begins to take form right about....now

Jeff_in_KC
09-13-2006, 10:38 AM
JT... need a ride? I'm stopping in Columbia? Maybe Spice lets you park your car in his welding shop ? :wink:

Bill-Chicago
09-13-2006, 10:47 AM
JT... need a ride? I'm stopping in Columbia? Maybe Spice lets you park your car in his welding shop ? :wink:

Anyone else picturing a car on blocks stripped down to its bare frame on Sunday.

JT: Jay, what the hell do you call this?

Spice: Practice

jt
09-13-2006, 11:31 AM
Anyone else picturing a car on blocks stripped down to its bare frame on Sunday.

JT: Jay, what the hell do you call this?

Spice: Practice
You have seen the tailfin on Spice's smoker, right? :twisted:

Jeff - I'm not going to the bash this year. Spending some quality time with my son this weekend and looking forward to it.

I will miss the cameraderie, the spam-opening ceremony, any shine that makes it, but not the manboobs and man-meat. :shock:

Mark
09-13-2006, 02:20 PM
Anybody have any special shopping requests? I am shopping tomorrow. I will have plenty of ribs, butts, briskets, chicken, and fatties.

As an artery-clearing antidote, I was planning on bringing some salsa, (add your own heat this time) and grilling some summer squash. Some onions and soft corn tortillas and eggs would be nice if its not too late. Otherwise I can bring some.

Mark
09-13-2006, 02:34 PM
Wait till you guys play the adult bash version of Show AND Tell

Don't worry guys: That gay $hit just ain't so. Just stay away from rocking trailers. However, the lawn games can get pretty rough. Drunks and bonfires kinda stuff.

Educational demos can also be interesting. I might display the flatulence combustion excess body hair removal technique iffin my meds and alcohol react strongly enuf.

So far so good though. There have been no medical crises and no arrests of any kind.

Mark
09-13-2006, 02:38 PM
Thursday: Patchy fog before 10am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 74. North northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm.

Thursday Night: Patchy fog. Otherwise, mostly clear, with a low around 53. Calm wind becoming east around 5 mph.

Friday: Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 78. South southeast wind around 5 mph.

Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 58.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 82.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 61.

Sunday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a high near 83.

Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 62.

Monday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a high near 74.

Bill-Chicago
09-13-2006, 02:40 PM
I might display the flatulence combustion excess body hair removal technique iffin my meds and alcohol react strongly enuf.

I call the spot in the hot tub next to Mark :wink:

Mark
09-13-2006, 02:40 PM
As an artery-clearing antidote, I was planning on bringing some salsa, (add your own heat this time) and grilling some summer squash. Some onions and soft corn tortillas and eggs would be nice if its not too late. Otherwise I can bring some.

PS: 2 cases of Charmin Ultra soft and XL Depends.

Mark
09-13-2006, 02:43 PM

Oh yeah, Bill, ya want I should bring poblanos? Maybe you can stuff some?

chad
09-13-2006, 02:46 PM

Will you be wearing the shiny black gloves?:eek:

Bill-Chicago
09-13-2006, 02:54 PM

You peeked!!!

Mark
09-13-2006, 02:55 PM

That went over my head ....and glad it did.

Bill-Chicago
09-13-2006, 03:16 PM
That went over my head ....and glad it did.

page 5, Fried Green Beans

Jeff_in_KC
09-13-2006, 04:05 PM

Dibs on hiding out in the next county over! :eek:

Hey Greg, looks like Kevin (VooDooBBQILL) can make it. Says his wife's out of town so he's probably the only one who won't have to ask for permission!

Kevin
09-13-2006, 05:56 PM
How about a time and venue for a webcam shot of cherry wood flames and toasts. I would like to try it. Got a webcam, just not sure of a friendly way to broadcast it. Yahoo would be OK with me.

Bill-Chicago
09-13-2006, 06:12 PM
How about a time and venue for a webcam shot of cherry wood flames and toasts. I would like to try it. Got a webcam, just not sure of a friendly way to broadcast it. Yahoo would be OK with me.

Most(if not all) previous cams have been through Yahoo IM

parrothead
09-13-2006, 06:13 PM
Not sure of the time that we will be doing stuff. The purpose of a bash is to relax and when we all feel like it we shall do our stuff.

Kevin
09-13-2006, 06:22 PM
Not sure of the time that we will be doing stuff. The purpose of a bash is to relax and when we all feel like it we shall do our stuff.

That's cool. Just expressing an idea.

Ron_L
09-13-2006, 06:28 PM

I'll add a couple dozen eggs, tortillas and onions to my shopping list for tomorrow.

Are you bringing more of that fun squash that you brought last year? :shock:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/albums/album37/IMG_0708.jpg

Bill-Chicago
09-13-2006, 09:25 PM
I miss the St Louis "fried ravioli" from Fall bash I

And I missed them "fresh", as I showed up Saturday late with mom issues.

I'm trying to get bacon buns, a polish Chicago staple

Bigdog
09-13-2006, 10:04 PM
We need to get some good Chicago pizza for e.

Bill-Chicago
09-13-2006, 10:27 PM
We need to get some good Chicago pizza for e.

Difficult, but I'll see what I can do.

But you already jilted me, in favor of Ron, so you guys can bond yourself

:twisted:

Mark
09-14-2006, 07:41 AM
I'll add a couple dozen eggs, tortillas and onions to my shopping list for tomorrow.

Are you bringing more of that fun squash that you brought last year? :shock:

Yeah Ron; Any way I say it, someone 's gonna have some perverted reply. I plan on grilling some on Saturday. What you and the wife do with it is between consenting adults.

Mark
09-14-2006, 07:43 AM
I miss the St Louis "fried ravioli" from Fall bash I

And I missed them "fresh", as I showed up Saturday late with mom issues.

I'm trying to get bacon buns, a polish Chicago staple

That was DaveW who got them. I left him a voice mail.

Neil
09-14-2006, 07:51 AM
Can we make room to smoke some almonds Friday? I have everything ready to go, just need to get them in the smoker and I won't have time to do that unless I turn over the pitbitching duties to the wifey tonight while I am at job #2.

parrothead
09-14-2006, 07:58 AM
Can we make room to smoke some almonds Friday? I have everything ready to go, just need to get them in the smoker and I won't have time to do that unless I turn over the pitbitching duties to the wifey tonight while I am at job #2.

Shouldn't be a problem.

Mark
09-14-2006, 07:59 AM

The WSM is good for that. Greg has a grill wok.

Bill-Chicago
09-14-2006, 07:59 AM
Did I just get called a pervert?

Like I haven't heard that today.

Neil, Gregs got some raw peanut runners in his fridge we forgot to smoke in May, so we can nut each other Friday night

Ron_L
09-14-2006, 08:23 AM
Yeah Ron; Any way I say it, someone 's gonna have some perverted reply.

Whatever do you mean? :rolleyes:

I'll see you and your phallic squash tomorrow! :-D

Bigdog
09-14-2006, 12:12 PM
Difficult, but I'll see what I can do.

But you already jilted me, in favor of Ron, so you guys can bond yourself

:twisted:
With Bondo?:shock:

I'm flying into O'Hare so I heard that Ron was closer. Didn't realize that it was going to be a contest.:roll:

Bill-Chicago
09-14-2006, 12:42 PM
I'm flying into O'Hare so I heard that Ron was closer. Didn't realize that it was going to be a contest.:roll:

LOL

I have no recollection of posting that, which makes it even funnier (to me, that is)

You can probably hook up with Pimp Smoke for the return trip, as he needs to drive right by it to get back home (unless he goes some other way. Not sure if he takes 94 up)

PimpSmoke
09-14-2006, 02:10 PM
I can make a side bar if someone needs a ride

Jeff_in_KC
09-14-2006, 02:50 PM
'Dog!!! You're coming up to the Bash?? Cool!

Ron_L
09-14-2006, 04:28 PM
OK... I'm officially ready for the bash! I went bash shopping today. I think I overshopped... Here's my shopping list. What do you guys think...

Fatties \
Chorizo |___ for Fatty Ronello
Pepper Cheese |
Poblano Peppers /

Brats
Italian Sausage

2 1/2 dozen Eggs \
Bag o' Onions | --- For Mark's Special Breakfast!
2 pkgs. Corn Tortillas /

Tortilla Chips
Salt & Pepper Tater Chips
Regular Tater Chips
Hab-Lime Salsa

Beer (several varieties)
Hard Cider (three varities)

Plus a couple of surprises.

I'm also bring a couple of jars of Raspberry-Hab jelly to taste and use for whatever (tried some on pork chops last night. Good stuff!).

Oh yeah... I roast about 15 lbs of coffee for party favors and for us to drink on Saturday and Sunday morning.

I'm picking The Lord Of The Ring up at O'Scare at about 1:15 - 1:30, so assuming traffic cooperates, we whould be bashing by about 3:00!

BTW, I'm bringing my laptop and web cam so log into Yahoo Messenger and watch for Phil or me or I-don't-know-who-else and we'll add you into a chat and you can view our web cams. My Yahoo ID is rclewen if I'm not already on your buddy list (or whatever they call the darned thing). We'll try to post in this thread when the web cam is online.

Jeff_in_KC
09-14-2006, 05:24 PM
Damn, do I need to be shopping like that too??? :eek: I got Shiner Bock, a case+ of Blues Hog for the goodies table and some hab/raspberry jelly I made also, along with some cream cheese and crackers. I also have some jap nuts left to bring. Will be stopping by Columbia to pick up some Spicewine goodies too. Do I need to be bringing anything else? I have a 42 cup coffee maker... is that needed?? Got soccer practice with my daughter then I'll be loading. Someone let me know.

Solidkick
09-14-2006, 06:13 PM
Don't rule Sweet T and me out yet.......we've talked about driving up half way Friday night after work and staying in a motel, then finish the drive on Sat. morning. If there's a motel close, maybe stay there Sat. night and drive home Sunday.....it's not a definite, but a thought at this time....what's holding me back is this is the last weekend until the first of Nov. that doesn't have something planned, I may just take it easy at home.......

Ron_L
09-14-2006, 06:50 PM
Jeff... your fine with what you are bringing. That's why i said that I overshopped. I kept seeing things that sounded good! As far as coffee, last year we used Greg's home pot and it seemed to be OK. I have a 60 cupper if we think we need bigger.

Kick... It would be great to meat you and T, but we'll all understand if you decide to stay home and relax!

Jeff_in_KC
09-14-2006, 08:44 PM
Hope you can make it Gary. Too bad you couldn't leave first thing in the morning... there's plenty of space in the van.

Sawdustguy
09-14-2006, 09:29 PM
Even though I can't make it, I wanted to sent my best wishes to all the Fall Bash attendees and a safe trip and from the bash. I will tip a few in you honor tommorrow night. Enjoy yourselfs Brothers, you deserve it!

PimpSmoke
09-14-2006, 11:21 PM
got the meat soakin as we speak. see y'all friday afternoon.

Jeff_in_KC
09-15-2006, 06:41 AM
I'm off to ILFO Land! See y'all in a few hours!

Mark, I'm hoping for about 10:30 am at your house. i'll call you as I get close. MapQuest seemed pretty good.

Neil
09-15-2006, 07:35 AM
I hope to be there by 6:00 PM ILFO time.

Ron_L
09-15-2006, 07:38 AM
got the meat soakin as we speak.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Well... You are a newlywed...

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

See ya later!

PimpSmoke
09-15-2006, 08:02 AM
somehow I knew after I put that up it would elicit a response. :twisted:

BBQchef33
09-15-2006, 08:40 AM
I'm on the plane! waiting to take off. arrive at 1105 andheading to costco. shoul be there by one. cool new phone..internet ready!

jt
09-15-2006, 08:52 AM
I'm on the plane! waiting to take off. arrive at 1105 andheading to costco. shoul be there by one. cool new phone..internet ready!
Geek! :-D

Mark
09-15-2006, 09:18 AM
Today: Areas of dense fog before 11am. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 79. Southeast wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Tonight: Patchy fog after 1am. Otherwise, mostly clear, with a low around 57. Southeast wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Saturday: Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 82. South wind between 10 and 15 mph.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 60. South wind between 10 and 15 mph.

Sunday: A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 81. South southwest wind around 10 mph.

Sunday Night: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 57. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Bigmista
09-15-2006, 01:13 PM
Is anybody there yet? What's going on?

Ron_L
09-15-2006, 03:36 PM
So far we have Bill, Greg, Phil, Big Dog, Pimpsmoke, BBQ Bull and Bob. Web cam coming up shortly.

We're eating jerky, White Castles and Bagna Cauda.

Ron_L
09-15-2006, 03:41 PM
My web cam is up...

Yahoo Messenger. My ID is rclewen at sbcglobal dot net

jt
09-15-2006, 03:44 PM
So far we have Bill, Greg, Phil, Big Dog, Pimpsmoke, BBQ Bull and Bob. Web cam coming up shortly.

We're eating jerky, White Castles and Bagna Cauda.
Won't be the same without some peach ice cream in a white castle box.