PDA

View Full Version : Rose's BBQ Hattisburg, MS

thillin
07-09-2006, 03:39 PM
Stopped in at this gas station/BBQ joint. At first I thought I wouldn't, but since I saw the smokers, I went in. They had 4 Southern Pride smokers, 3 on trailers, and 1 in a "shack". Smelled great from the parking lot, so I went in. There was a counter, and next to it a "food line". Steel pans befind glass with heat lamps above. They had chicken halves, drumettes, spare ribs, beef ribs, sausage, pulled pork and brisket. It wasn't long after we ate, so I just got a pound of drumettes for me and the wife to go. They were really good with a good smoke flavor. Next trip, I'll make sure to be hungry enough for a combo plate to eat there. The sauce was a little on the sweet side, but we ate the drummies with out it. I'll post pics later.

bbqjoe
07-09-2006, 06:03 PM
There's another joint out that way as well. It's called Donanelle's.
Hwy 49 I believe. I used to stop there every saturday night when I drove over the road. Only ate the ribs. Tried them the first visit. So good, never tried anything else.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f172/barbecuejoe/donanelles.jpg

we'll smoke u
08-07-2006, 04:29 PM
Bbqjoe,
Donanelle's Has Fantastic Ribs . I Worked Down In Jackson Mississippi Back In 2002 And Stumbled Across That Place One Weekend Out Driving Around