PDA

View Full Version : From CA to AZ

Sweet Vittles
05-28-2014, 11:12 PM
I've already been lurking and learning for a few years. My wife and I are full-stop foodies. I've always loved BBQ, so she bought me a crappy offset in '03 and I became obsessed. After diving into the Brethren forums and a few other resources, I devoured everything there was to know and started cooking my way through the regions and proteins. Eventually this came to a crawl because I got sick of fighting with my subpar equipment. A few years ago, we moved to L.A. for grad school, and needed money, so we started catering. Our first order for pulled pork was for way too many people, so we upgraded to a WSM 22.5" (which still wasn't big enough :). I haven't stopped smoking since. Recently, I was converted from pork snob to brisket evangelist, but I love it all. Heading back to AZ with the degree in hand next Tuesday and looking forward to learning more from everyone here while I try to make a go out of it out there.

Blythewood BBQ'er
05-29-2014, 09:53 AM
Welcome to the Brethren! Congratulations on your recent graduation!

Ozric
05-29-2014, 12:11 PM
And welcome back to Arizona. The politics sucks, but I love this state, Flagstaff especially! (Hmmm. Wonder why I moved to Flag??? :lol:)

BBQ_MAFIA
05-30-2014, 10:59 PM
Welcome!

bluetang
05-31-2014, 08:43 AM
Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.