PDA

View Full Version : Meat disappeared in a flash - ANIMALS!

mchar69
05-25-2014, 08:57 PM
Yup, went to a great cook - 2 big butts, full 17 lb. packer, 2 fried turkeys,
venison leg roast, 100 lbs crawfish, plus sides galore.
It was serve yourself, so they did. Never saw such a bunch of
savage beasts, some took 5 slices of brisket, wiped out the meat in mere minutes. I had skewers of cajun chicken and ABT's - they disappeared in seconds. Most folks didn't get brisket, and no complaints from anyone, but I noticed you guys say -
"Either serve and control portions yourself, or prepare more food.."

You ain't kidding!

landarc
05-25-2014, 09:06 PM
I don't really care if everyone gets fed. What upsets me, is when folks go hungry, and I look around and people are wrapping up food to go, or are just dumping loads of meat. Then, I think, how thoughtless of these folks.

plowin-fire
05-25-2014, 09:20 PM
Everytime I cook brisket it disappears first. Someone always get left out...

mchar69
05-25-2014, 09:22 PM
The funny thing - all the meat got eaten. No plates with portions laying around.
I felt better about that.
But it's disgusting what you say - I heard a guy on the radio saying people would fill up plates, go to the car, put them in a cooler, then re-fill, etc. Never heard of such a thing.

Bigmista
05-26-2014, 12:38 PM
That's why we sell by the pound. If you want to make sure everyone gets plenty, order more food. If you want portions controlled, order full service.

bizznessman
05-26-2014, 01:46 PM
The funny thing - all the meat got eaten. No plates with portions laying around.
I felt better about that.
But it's disgusting what you say - I heard a guy on the radio saying people would fill up plates, go to the car, put them in a cooler, then re-fill, etc. Never heard of such a thing.

With the state of the economy, now and in the future, you will see much more of this.

skullleader1
05-26-2014, 03:25 PM
Yup, went to a great cook - 2 big butts, full 17 lb. packer, 2 fried turkeys,
venison leg roast, 100 lbs crawfish, plus sides galore.
It was serve yourself, so they did. Never saw such a bunch of
savage beasts, some took 5 slices of brisket, wiped out the meat in mere minutes. I had skewers of cajun chicken and ABT's - they disappeared in seconds. Most folks didn't get brisket, and no complaints from anyone, but I noticed you guys say -
"Either serve and control portions yourself, or prepare more food.."

You ain't kidding!

HECK YAH serve...you made ALL that food in an orderly fashsion...So when people eat it should as well...If not all of you guesses will. Not get try all of your delishous food you made..and just so that you'll have some for youself...put some up for you and your family. Stay in order brotha.

mchar69
05-26-2014, 04:16 PM
I swear it was like a pack of wolves and locusts.
The guy takes my chick off the grill and I go look for it - NO!
There's someone out there, plate in hand like apps at a reception
NO! I saw the last piece go down someone's gullet.
I told the BBQ master (14 yr. old son of host - great cook)
"You give me one of those ABT's." He gave me the crappiest one!

landarc
05-26-2014, 04:40 PM
To be honest, any big cook that I do, whether for money or fun, I am tasting and eating throughout the cook. I am rarely hungry for the rest of the day. And yes, I taste everything, only way to be sure I am hitting my expectations.

mchar69
05-26-2014, 06:32 PM
To be honest, any big cook that I do, whether for money or fun, I am tasting and eating throughout the cook. I am rarely hungry for the rest of the day. And yes, I taste everything, only way to be sure I am hitting my expectations.
Next year, I'm bringing my 22" and I'll do as I please.
Not beg someone to pull my chicken, 'cause it's done.
Live and learn. Plus I might get a bite or 2.