PDA

View Full Version : Best BBQ in orlando?

slammmed
05-21-2014, 10:20 AM
I'm headed to orlando tonight for a day and was looking to get some good dinner, preferrably not the tourist trap places.

Ive heard 4Rivers Smokehouse is good but does anyone else have any other places they suggest?

bbq.tom
05-21-2014, 10:34 AM
The only BBQ Joint that I've been to in Orlando is:
Bubbalou's Bodacious Bar-B-Que
5818 Conroy Road
Orlando, FLORIDA 32835
(407) 295-1212

I got the "Pulled Pork Dinner" which consisted of a large pile of pork, Cole slaw, baked beans, fries, and Texas toast. The meat was too smoky - masked all flavor of pork. Lots of sauce on the meat, but not good flavor. Sauce tasted better on the fries than on the pork. Moist, with LARGE pulled pieces, yet fairly tough and chewy. Slaw was dry and chunky without much flavor. Beans were slightly hard/crunchy, but with good taste and lots of bacon. Fries weren't that good, but LOTS of them. Lots of food for $10 plus tax.
Just my $0.02.

Bludawg
05-21-2014, 11:19 AM
I don't know if it is still there as it has been a few yrs since I was last there but if you get on HWY 192 and head to Kissimme it is about 1/2 mi past the entrance to the Fl TP. on the right. I used to stop there quite often when haulin Heavy Equipment out of the Boyd Bros. Auction. The name eludes me at the moment must be my Oldtimers CRS kickin in today. Retired Trucker(Omar) may know the name.

slammmed
05-21-2014, 11:20 AM
thanks I saw that place and considered it but now it sounds like they focus less on the real product and filler with the sides. Looks like I might be skipping bbq in orlando :)

slammmed
05-21-2014, 11:20 AM
p.s. thanks to whomever moved this for me.