PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Food Mike.

skullleader1
05-20-2014, 11:10 AM
I don't know if this is the right place to disscuss business here...But has anyone heard of this guy and has anyone bought his system on how to build and increase your sells in your mobile food business. And would anyone recommend buying into a system like his?

bizznessman
05-20-2014, 05:08 PM
I will say right up front that this only my personal opinion based on personal business experience.

I believe that people that sell these types of "systems" are selling just that, a system. They are making their money off of your choice to assume they know what they are talking about.

I spent money on a few "business guru" materials in past years and found that the materials were really nothing that I couldn't find and gather on my own by using the internet, my own market research, etc. Since then it has only cost me time instead of $$$.

Now, if you are strapped for time and really do believe the materials offered can save you that time at a price you are willing to pay then by all means go for it. But I believe I can guarantee you that there is nothing in that material that isn't available for free if you do your own due diligence.

Again, before I step down off of my soap box I will say, this is just one humble persons opinion. And I may be totally wrong. :mrgreen:

skullleader1
05-20-2014, 05:26 PM
I will say right up front that this only my personal opinion based on personal business experience.

I believe that people that sell these types of "systems" are selling just that, a system. They are making their money off of your choice to assume they know what they are talking about.

I spent money on a few "business guru" materials in past years and found that the materials were really nothing that I couldn't find and gather on my own by using the internet, my own market research, etc. Since then it has only cost me time instead of $$$.

Now, if you are strapped for time and really do believe the materials offered can save you that time at a price you are willing to pay then by all means go for it. But I believe I can guarantee you that there is nothing in that material that isn't available for free if you do your own due diligence.

Again, before I step down off of my soap box I will say, this is just one humble persons opinion. And I may be totally wrong. :mrgreen:
I just had some ??'s about the...he's blowin up my emaill addy for a month now....Now Bizznessman...YOU are a BBQ guru in your on right...from just the short time I've been here you've been very helpfull and FULL of knowlege

aquablue22
05-21-2014, 06:25 AM

Well said……..

bizznessman
05-22-2014, 06:49 AM
I just had some ??'s about the...he's blowin up my emaill addy for a month now....Now Bizznessman...YOU are a BBQ guru in your on right...from just the short time I've been here you've been very helpfull and FULL of knowlege

I understand and believe me I was there at one time. Wondering if these things are "too good to be true".

About 10 years ago I was doing my due diligence in researching the Self Storage business. I was interested in buying a used facility. The biz plan was to physically renovate and also use new marketing techniques and business operation to increase tenants and decrease vacancy. I ran across a number of people selling "systems" that claimed to teach the marketing/business end of the equation. They claimed that they had run, or still did run, SS businesses and their product was proven. Their products also were not cheap. The cost of their "systems" averaged around $5K. I actually bought one "system". That is when I found that the information provided was available for free with some due diligence of my own. So lesson learned.

From that point forward my first question, to any "system" owner that contacted me to sell their product, was: "I might be interested in considering your product but in order to do so I will need full access to the last 10 years of your business financial statements, operating statements, tax statements and a D&B listing number. Once I have evaluated your information I will contact you and inform you of my decision." The response I received from 100% of the "systems" guys was--------(insert cricket chirp here).

I am not saying that all of these "systems" are a racket but my business sense tells me that the majority of them are. If they are not willing to open up their books for discovery to prove they are legit then I can't afford to invest my time and hard earned money in their venture. :mrgreen:

skullleader1
05-22-2014, 01:02 PM
Wow Biznessman...when I 1st heard this one Jazz artise a few yrs ago...her name Esperonza Spallding...when I heard her play the base and sing....I said...THAT woman is truth....Bizz...when you lay down knowlege about this think we call BBQ...Man YoU ARE THE TRUTH

TailGateJoecom
05-22-2014, 01:49 PM
I don't know if this is the right place to disscuss business here...But has anyone heard of this guy and has anyone bought his system on how to build and increase your sells in your mobile food business. And would anyone recommend buying into a system like his?

I am usually skeptical of these things, for the reasons stated in this thread by others.

I was interested though in seeing what this guy was pitching, especially in light of the recent business articles I have read about the fad of gourmet food trucks being over and the reality that they aren't money machines. So I googled around to find this guy and his system. All I really found were links to this thread, lol. So hopefully he is a little better at hawking hot dogs out of a truck than he is marketing himself on the interwebz. Way I see it, social networking/twitter is as important to the success of these high end food trucks as the food is, and if he is that hard to find when I am actively looking for him, then he doesn't have that important base covered. Just my .02.

bizznessman
05-22-2014, 02:43 PM
I am usually skeptical of these things, for the reasons stated in this thread by others.

I was interested though in seeing what this guy was pitching, especially in light of the recent business articles I have read about the fad of gourmet food trucks being over and the reality that they aren't money machines. So I googled around to find this guy and his system. All I really found were links to this thread, lol. So hopefully he is a little better at hawking hot dogs out of a truck than he is marketing himself on the interwebz. Way I see it, social networking/twitter is as important to the success of these high end food trucks as the food is, and if he is that hard to find when I am actively looking for him, then he doesn't have that important base covered. Just my .02.

Taligate, I believe he is referring to this.

https://twitter.com/MobileFoodMike

http://www.mobilefoodcourse.com/

If not maybe the OP can include a link?? :wink:

(Edit: I accidentally pasted an incorrect link, corrected it)

HBMTN
05-22-2014, 06:04 PM
Funny, he is blowing up my email now. Wrote me yesterday with the link and info then wrote me back today and said he did not hear from me yet :blah: If his system works so great why is he not spending all of his time launching a national food truck chain instead of trying to get me to spend $500.

TailGateJoecom
05-22-2014, 06:07 PM
Taligate, I believe he is referring to this.

https://twitter.com/MobileFoodMike

http://www.mobilefoodcourse.com/

If not maybe the OP can include a link?? :wink:

(Edit: I accidentally pasted an incorrect link, corrected it)

That site is terrible and reinforces what I said. I googled "mobile food mike" and this site never showed up. The reason for that.....all that info and content he took the time to write, he did it as a graphic and not text. Google is absolutely blind to every word on that site, it can't read or index any of it, so it can't see the name "mobile food mike." To google, it might as well be a picture of a dog chewing a bone and nothing else on the site.

I don't get people with a small business who decide to cut corners through their website, especially businesses like this. Something this bad directly impacts your business.

TailGateJoecom
05-22-2014, 06:10 PM
Funny, he is blowing up my email now. Wrote me yesterday with the link and info then wrote me back today and said he did not hear from me yet :blah: If his system works so great why is he not spending all of his time launching a national food truck chain instead of trying to get me to spend $500.

Oh I looooovvveee the people who spam me, and then follow up with more spam asking me why I haven't gotten back to them.

And yeah, maybe take some of that money and invest it in his site if he is going to be an internet marketeer selling e-books.

skullleader1
05-23-2014, 08:39 AM
Wow I'm glade I posted this topic...you guys realy do your home work and now that I've joined this forum I'm following the same example...Yeah...Mike is still blow'en up my e-maill addy...and $500 realy?

bizznessman
05-23-2014, 01:36 PM
Wow I'm glade I posted this topic...you guys realy do your home work and now that I've joined this forum I'm following the same example...Yeah...Mike is still blow'en up my e-maill addy...and $500 realy?

Just feel lucky it isn't $5K like my Self Storage "system" cost me. :shock:

And......sounds like time to add his email addie to your SPAM list. :mrgreen:

skullleader1
05-25-2014, 01:01 PM
Hahahaha!...you're Biz it is time.