PDA

View Full Version : Beagee from Little Elm, TX Hi all!

Beagee
05-19-2014, 02:11 PM
Hi all, New member to the forums here! I've been visiting over the last couple months because I had a hunger for purchasing a smoker. It had been about 5 years since I relocated and sold mine in a garage sale.

I'm a casual and family orientated outdoor cooker.

I ended up purchasing the Old Country Over n Under because I liked the design as my current backyard pad is extremely limited. With the fire box in the back rather than the side I could have a larger smoke box.

What I've always had issues in the past was fire management. Stable temps with clean smoke eluded me. By reading the forums I was able to have a successful first cook and have had 3 more since. For me the crowning achievement so far was that I cooked a brisket that I thought was good and I got rave reviews from my family! I had cooked several in the past and just was not satisfied.

Thank you for providing a forum that is well organized and moderated. I look forward to possibly sharing some food prawn with you in the future.

peeps
05-19-2014, 02:18 PM
Welcome to the Brethren from across the lake!

cowgirl
05-19-2014, 04:06 PM
Welcome Beagee!

Ron_L
05-19-2014, 04:50 PM
Welocme to the asylum, Beagee!

Beagee
05-19-2014, 05:00 PM
This thread (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7818) was invaluable for me just want to say thanks to all who contributed.

chambersuac
05-19-2014, 09:07 PM
Welcome to the best place on the 'Net!

sliding_billy
05-20-2014, 01:26 AM
Greetings from down 380 a bit (I used to live between Little Elm and Aubrey).