PDA

View Full Version : Rondale From Texas

Rondale
05-17-2014, 11:59 PM
Hello everyone! Ron from Robinson Texas. This is an awesome site. Thanks to all that contribute and share their knowledge and experience. I learned how to cook watching my dad slow smoke meat on his homemade barrel smoker. I have cooked on dozen or so different cheap big box store grills and smokers and even a couple of gassers, until I bought my first pellet grill about six years ago. I started with the Traeger Little Tex and within a year upgraded to a bigger Green Mountain Grill Jim Bowie. After years on the cheaper grills/smokers fighting temp swings the pellet grill was a breath of fresh air. I have enjoyed the set it and forget it style of cooking that came with the pellet grill but Iím ready to branch out and go back to the old style of cooking that I was raised on. I have been researching for the past year, looking for my next smoker. (Which is how I found the Brethren.) I have considered just about every type of smoker and narrowed my search down to a short list. Front runners where the Weber Smokey Mountain, Jambo Backyard Smoker, Klose backyard 20x48 and the Lone Star Grillz 24x24 vertical offset. I pulled the trigger last month on the 11th and placed my order with lone Star Grillz. Iím now on my fifth week of the 7 to 9 week wait. Chris and his wife have been awesome thru the whole process and there new facility is first class. Thanks again to ALL!!

sliding_billy
05-18-2014, 10:02 AM
Greetings from a few hours north.

cowgirl
05-18-2014, 03:40 PM
Welcome to the forum Ron!

Rondale
05-18-2014, 07:31 PM
Thanks Sliding Billy I have never been to Princeton but I have fished lake lavon. You are a lucky man to live that close to a good lake.

Rondale
05-18-2014, 07:34 PM
Thanks Cowgirl!! loved reading about your shrimp and cooks. You are obviouly a very talented Cowgirl!!

peeps
05-19-2014, 07:58 AM
Welcome to the Brethren! I modeled my custom build off many features I liked on the LSG vertical offset cookers! I think you are gonna love it when you get it!!!!

Rondale
05-19-2014, 04:21 PM
Thanks Peeps!!! I saw the drawings of your build. It looks pretty sweet!!!

Ron_L
05-19-2014, 04:48 PM
Welocme to the asylum, Ron!