PDA

View Full Version : Andrew from Oklahoma

AClarke44
05-16-2014, 08:38 PM
Hello Brethren. I found your amazing forum (actually many times) while searching for cooking options for my new Weber OTG. Bach ground.......So earlier this year I decided I wanted to do some "real grilling" and make the leap from gas grills to charcoal. It didn't take long for me to figure out weber was the way to go. I originally wanted the Performer with the propane starter but read (most likely on here) that most people end up using a chimney anyway. Long story short, I bought a OTG, a weber chimney (awesome btw), and a cover. It took a few cooks to get use to it and get the correct grilling procedure but even from the first attempt everyone in my family has enjoyed the charcoal grill flavor over gas. But something weird happened.... I got the bug....not sure what happened but now I wanna cook everything on the grill. Mostly I want to learn to smoke with it. Seeing all the amazing pictures of smoked meats from this forum (and a couple others..sorry :biggrin1:) has made me begin to crave smoked meat!! I've decided I want to learn how to smoke on my OTG then maybe go from there. I've looked at options like the smokenator and fire bricks and even a few home made varieties. It's amazing how much advice I've found on here. I think my next purchase will be temperature monitoring. I'm looking at buying the Maverick ET-733 as well as a TermoWorks RT600C. I will probably try and fabricate some version of the smokenator unless I happen to find a used one cheap. Anyone got one to sell?? But I will also try some of the other options I've read from the Brethren.
Anyway sorry for the long introduction and thanks for all the advice from you all that I've already acquired before actually registering. I'm only beginning so I plan to learn much much more from you all. Thanks

Andrew

BASSER
05-16-2014, 09:20 PM
Welcome Andrew. Smokin que is infectious and fun. Welcome to the party!

frognot
05-16-2014, 10:45 PM
Welcome aboard Andrew!