PDA

View Full Version : KC BBQ Joint

Wneill20
05-14-2014, 12:35 PM
Have a friend going to Kansas City on the east side any good BBQ joints there?

bbq.tom
05-14-2014, 01:11 PM
Not exactly sure what side this is on (maybe north as I was coming from the airport to the arena area for the American Royal), but I highly recommend "Smokin' Guns BBQ"!
I had the "Triple D platter" - same thing that Guy Fieri had when he ate there, and it was delicious!

cowboyupbbq
05-14-2014, 01:47 PM
Its not really "East Side", but Oklahoma Joes at 47th & Mission definitely lives up to the lofty expectations. The original Arthur Bryant's on Brooklyn is an icon-get the burnt ends. JackStack is a higher end, sit down place, but the crown beef rib is one of my favorite treats anywhere.

Eric

Ron_L
05-14-2014, 02:53 PM
Go to Plowboys BBQ in Blue Springs (east of KC south of I-70). Todd is a Brethren member and an all around great guy, and he cooks some great BBQ!

http://www.plowboysbbq.com/

midwest_kc
05-15-2014, 06:59 PM
Plowboys if he's in the burbs. If not, I'm a fan of Big T's.

Asmodeus
05-16-2014, 01:20 AM
Have a friend going to Kansas City on the east side any good BBQ joints there?

Heh, not on the "east side" either, but Danny Edwards on South West Boulevard is my place for lunch time BBQ near downtown. His Dad owned Lil Jakes Eat It And Beat It on Grand Ave. downtown.

Asmodeus

brandonh1987
05-16-2014, 08:47 PM
Heh, not on the "east side" either, but Danny Edwards on South West Boulevard is my place for lunch time BBQ near downtown. His Dad owned Lil Jakes Eat It And Beat It on Grand Ave. downtown.

Asmodeus

OKAY HERE......

I live here and eat bbq out probably twice a week let me tell you a little about bbq here.

This guy ^^^ has it right... Danny Edwards is AMAZING. Most brethren like their brisket sliced thick and that is how he does it.

Oklahoma Joes is the most famous here, and it is great.

The first post said smokin guns, but since they moved buildings I feel like they changed smokers and it just isn't what it used to be.

You will be dissapointed in bryants, you kind of need to aquire a taste for it, and also you need to be there at the correct time. Those ghetto people in the back have little idea of what they are doing, so you need to be lucky and get the ones who do know what they're doing.

Gates is always yummy.

BUT you said east side of town. That takes out ALL of those options, SO you are left with 2 VERY VERY GOOD joints.

Porky's Blazin BBQ... 100% amazing, though they are only open friday - sunday and run out FAST.

Plowboys, which here are 2 pics from there, so you be the judge :) FYI they have the BEST burnt ends BY FAR in kansas city, and the whole united states. (Burnt ends first pic)

So moral of the story, your on the east side, hit up porkys and plowboys

BBQ Tim
05-16-2014, 10:16 PM
LC's is on the east side. Pretty good food!

https://www.google.com/maps/place/L+C's+Bar-B-Q/@39.034741,-94.517524,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0xf5af59fcee34ca92

Bigdog
05-17-2014, 02:20 PM
LC's is on the east side. Pretty good food!

https://www.google.com/maps/place/L+C's+Bar-B-Q/@39.034741,-94.517524,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0xf5af59fcee34ca92

I too am a big fan of LC's. He is definitely the best on the Eastside.

But you know you can't go wrong with any of the ones that have been mentioned.