PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Numbers

SkinEz
05-13-2014, 01:21 PM
I am catering a wedding at the end of this month. I have crunched the numbers several times. However, I would like to double check myself to make sure I am not leaving something out. The wedding is for 80 people, and the menu is as follows:

pulled pork-6 butts (calculating app. 15 people per butt)
chicken thighs (12 thighs per package-7 packages)
lolipop chicken (same as thighs)
st. louis spare ribs (two bone servings 6 servings per slab = 12/13 slabs
riblits from spare ribs (whatever i end up with)
7 layer salad (two full size pans full)
mac and cheese (two full size pans full)
beans (two full size pans full)
coleslaw (two full size pans full)
corn bread (two full size pans full)

Does this sound like enough food, especially the sides. I feel I have the meat covered, but am erring on the side of too much. It is the sides I am worried about. I am not exactly sure on complete amounts. However, a full size pan holds quite a bit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pyle's BBQ
05-13-2014, 04:37 PM
I think you are close. With all the meat you have the sides will be passed over. The two that will go first are the BB and MC. I would have backup of those. Is the customer keeping the leftovers?

poorolddan
05-13-2014, 08:02 PM
I hate to use per butt and per pan measurements. What if you end up with 6 1/2 pound butts? Is a pan's worth 2 gallons or 3. I prefer pounds and ounces.
Also, 5 meat choices seems like a lot for 80 mixed guests. I'd push for no more than 3 each meats and sides. I think it's easier to make 3 things perfect than 5 just good.

big brother smoke
05-13-2014, 09:02 PM
Out here that would be plenty with all the huggers of trees and thangs. Out there I might do 2.5 pans of mac and cheese. Weather also plays a huge factor, folks don't eat as much when it is hot. Each summer I go from a BBQ medium XXL to an XL :razz:

SkinEz
05-13-2014, 09:34 PM
I think you are close. With all the meat you have the sides will be passed over. The two that will go first are the BB and MC. I would have backup of those. Is the customer keeping the leftovers?

It is at there farm. So I am planning on having an ice bath to cool anything down thats left over, and vacuum packing them to be frozen immediately. I dont plan on having much meat left over. However, I am planning for it just in case.

landarc
05-13-2014, 09:35 PM
I think you're heavy on cole slaw but, it's cheap enough to be heavy there.

Mac and cheese, I think three pans. It is cheap enough to make, and if you run out, that is what people will talk about.

You have enough meat.

bizznessman
05-13-2014, 11:30 PM
Regarding restaurant pan capacities this link may help out.

LINK (http://www.ellenskitchen.com/cooktalk/pansmeas.html)

TailGateJoecom
05-14-2014, 12:53 AM
I am catering a wedding at the end of this month. I have crunched the numbers several times. However, I would like to double check myself to make sure I am not leaving something out. The wedding is for 80 people, and the menu is as follows:

pulled pork-6 butts (calculating app. 15 people per butt)
chicken thighs (12 thighs per package-7 packages)
lolipop chicken (same as thighs)
st. louis spare ribs (two bone servings 6 servings per slab = 12/13 slabs
riblits from spare ribs (whatever i end up with)
7 layer salad (two full size pans full)
mac and cheese (two full size pans full)
beans (two full size pans full)
coleslaw (two full size pans full)
corn bread (two full size pans full)

Does this sound like enough food, especially the sides. I feel I have the meat covered, but am erring on the side of too much. It is the sides I am worried about. I am not exactly sure on complete amounts. However, a full size pan holds quite a bit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'd probably go 3 pans on the mac, beans, and corn bread.

Also, I think you are redundant on the 2 chicken dishes. I would pick 1 and go with it. Are the lollipops wings or legs?

SkinEz
05-14-2014, 11:31 AM
Regarding restaurant pan capacities this link may help out.

LINK (http://www.ellenskitchen.com/cooktalk/pansmeas.html)

very helpful thank you

SkinEz
05-14-2014, 11:33 AM
I'd probably go 3 pans on the mac, beans, and corn bread.

Also, I think you are redundant on the 2 chicken dishes. I would pick 1 and go with it. Are the lollipops wings or legs?

Im doing legs. The reason im doing 2, and especially the lolipop, is the fact its a wedding. The women will be more likely to eat the chicken lolipop, because it has something to hold onto. The men are going to be men.

TailGateJoecom
05-14-2014, 02:32 PM
Im doing legs. The reason im doing 2, and especially the lolipop, is the fact its a wedding. The women will be more likely to eat the chicken lolipop, because it has something to hold onto. The men are going to be men.

The men are going to eat the lollipops too. I bet you unless they take both, which may happen a lot, everyone will take the lollipops over the thighs. Especially if you do a good job with them which I am sure you will.