PDA

View Full Version : New to the Q

calshands
05-02-2014, 12:09 PM
Hi All,

I am a newcomer to the BBQ game -- not the eating, just the doing. So much so that I have not yet even got my UDS made. In fact, I came to find your site by searching for info/ideas on the making of a UDS.

So this weekend will hopefully change all of that. However, as I am on my second barrel (the guy cut a "door" in the first one I bought and I didn't know any better at the time) I can see that this could very well be a longer process than initially considered.

So I have a plan, I have a barrel (at least I THINK it's a good one) I have a fair few parts, and an idea about how I am going to make this bad boy. Now I just need a little time and hopefully there will be some smoked goodness by Monday.

Thanks in advance for the help/ideas.

JRS

MikeR
05-02-2014, 01:01 PM
You're going to love the way you cook, I guarantee it!
Welcome to the Brethren!:thumb:

dawgloco
05-02-2014, 02:24 PM
Welcome. I just joined this site and I am working on my first UDS. A lot of great ideas and help are on this site.

bathmatt
05-02-2014, 02:25 PM
Have you looked at Big Pappa's smoker stuff? https://www.bigpoppasmokers.com/ Lots of parts and ideas. I just made my first UDS and I love it even though it is a UUUUDS :)... good luck, read a lot of tips and have fun and keep smokin...

BBQ_MAFIA
05-05-2014, 06:27 AM
Welcome

TY~DY
05-05-2014, 03:17 PM
Welcome, from Okabena, MN!