PDA

View Full Version : Virginia bound

Smokin'Butts
04-29-2014, 02:18 PM
Hey guys. Myself and my wife will be headed up to Virginia this coming Saturday. Williamsburg area...Where do I need to try some good q? Also looking for a place between South Carolina and there as a dinner stop.

Smokin'Butts
04-30-2014, 06:45 PM
Nobody has anything in mind?

willowrun
04-30-2014, 08:10 PM
I have heard good things about pierce's from family but have never personally experienced their bbq. Not familiar with anything else in that area, sorry.

Slamdunkpro
04-30-2014, 09:26 PM
Pierce's is pretty good. There aren't a lot of Q choices around Williamsburg.

Gore
05-01-2014, 06:42 AM
Ate at County Grill on a recommendation a while back. I only had one sampling:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175795

It was the best I'd had in the area, but that was only one sampling. I've eaten at Pierce's many times and I recall it being good, NC style, but it's been many years since I've been. If you're passing through Richmond, Q BBQ is right off I-95 295, and it is excellent, but it will be out of your way,

Slamdunkpro
05-01-2014, 07:32 AM
Ate at County Grill on a recommendation a while back. I only had one sampling:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175795

It was the best I'd had in the area, but that was only one sampling. I've eaten at Pierce's many times and I recall it being good, NC style, but it's been many years since I've been. If you're passing through Richmond, Q BBQ is right off I-95 295, and it is excellent, but it will be out of your way,
Country Grill is a great place but it's all the way down in Hampton.

akoda
05-01-2014, 04:10 PM
In Richmond you have to try Buzz and Ned's. Pierces is good but not what it used to be 20 years ago. I am going to burn some ribs Saturday, come on over :)

bbq.tom
05-02-2014, 10:43 AM
Pierce's is pretty good. There aren't a lot of Q choices around Williamsburg.

Here is the review that I wrote of "Pierce's" back in 2007:

Pretty good Q, with a bit of smoke flavor and thick-red sauce mixed in. Good moisture and pretty tender despite having fairly large chunks in the mix. White slaw was okay, kinda chunky, but with really good flavor. Fries were good, as was the sweet tea. Puppies were a little too oniony. Really had to search to find this place. Way too small for the amount of business that they do!

Hope it is at least as good if not better now!

Smokin'Butts
05-02-2014, 03:14 PM
Thanks for all the responses guys! I think I will try Pierce's. I will let you all know if it is still as good as it was.