View Full Version : PQBBQ is not home yet

06-25-2006, 07:14 PM
I just got off the phone with Quinn and he is in Atlanta.

He said there was a rain delay in Islip and then they were diverted to North Carolina.
They refueled and made it to Atlanta and he naturally missed his
flight to Dallas.
He is waiting on stand by right now and he said that if he could not
board this next flight that he would have to wait until 8:00 Monday morning for a flight to Dallas.

His cell phone battery was going low so it was brief and he said he
would let know what happens.

What a bummer !!!

06-25-2006, 07:26 PM
??? u guys were on different flights?

we had rain..?? its been sunny here all week. 8)

06-25-2006, 07:31 PM
??? u guys were on different flights?

we had rain..?? its been sunny here all week. 8)

Yes we had different flights home.
He was scheduled to leave Islip around noon.
We couldn't figure out why he didn't wait at the house
and go with TK.

Oh well......We are a little bit slower in Texas.

06-25-2006, 07:45 PM
NOON!:eek: I dropped u off at 8?

that was a 4 hr wait at the airport.. Harry and Greg got there for 11.

sorry..... now that qualifies as

goofy mod. :mrgreen: :wink:

06-25-2006, 11:33 PM
He made it back !!
Long day for that Farker.

06-25-2006, 11:55 PM
I will tell the whole story in the morning sometime!

Just walked into the house.

06-26-2006, 09:32 AM
sorry..... now that qualifies as

goofy mod.

Okay I had a plan, but it didn't work. I was going to try and get on the other guy's flight, but it was full!

About 10 o'clock I am kicking myself for not riding with TK. No food in the airport - no coffee. I didn't want to go back through security again to get a cup of coffee. They have to sniff my breathing machine and it is a pain in the rear.

So my plane is late. We finally get on and down the runway and they hold us for 15 minutes because of bad weather. We finally take off an hour late. Still time to make my connection in Atlanta. We are 40 minutes from Atlanta and they divert the plane to Greenville, S.C. because we ran out of fuel and Atlanta Airport was shut down.

They re-fuel us and there is no booze on the plane. I want a cold beer by this time - 'cause I know I have missed my flight to Dallas.

So, at Atlanta, I exit the plane thinking no big deal. There are 100's of people on other flights in the same situation. I rush over and scan my ticket to see where they have re-directed me to and it says - see an agent. I lucked out and jumped in line - took over an hour to get to talk to a real person. I got the #1`priority for standby to Dallas at 8:00 PM. I go check in and then find the nearest bar and had a very large ale and a shot of Marker's Mark. I go back to the counter at the gate and they finally call my name for a real ticket. I got take a whiz and then board the plane. It ain't over yet. This plane is 30 minutes late taking off - meaning Angela is gonna be mad at me when I don't show up. NO way to let her know either.

Luckily this plane had some booze so I drank 2 Jack and club sodas.

Angela met me at the baggage claim and I got home around 11PM

But I sure did have a good time at the Bash!

Thanks to all.