PDA

View Full Version : New Brethren

dickcory1
04-23-2014, 09:10 PM
Hi to all! My husband, Mike and I are new to the group and looking to get some insight, ideas and build on what skills we already have. Up until last week we had an electric smoker that was used hard and Mike learned a lot using it. Last week we got a Brinkmann trailmaster smoker, that he is currently making some modifications to and can't wait to start using it.

We both want to learn as much as we can and have every intention of a lot of experimentation and test smoking, when we can have family and friends try out our stuff. Recently we've begun researching and experimenting with different rubs, methods etc... with the goal of starting a business of sorts, selling bbq at events, festivals and fairs. We know there's a lot for us to learn and if anyone has any suggestions or pointers we are all ears. Especially anyone else in PA who knows some of the ins and outs of local stuff.

Looking forward to learning lots here!

-Samantha

cowgirl
04-23-2014, 09:15 PM
Welcome to the forum!

mikemci
04-24-2014, 12:34 AM
Welcome Mike and Samantha! You should have no problem finding ALL you can absorb here. There is also a "Catering" forum that will help out for your business interests. :-D

BBQ_MAFIA
04-24-2014, 02:50 AM
Welcome

MikeR
04-24-2014, 05:14 AM
You're going to love the way you cook, I guarantee it!
Welcome to the Brethren!:thumb:

Diesel Dave
04-24-2014, 05:15 AM
Welcome to the madness Samantha, enjoy your stay!

chambersuac
04-25-2014, 03:22 AM
Welcome to the Brethren, the best place on the 'Net. If you have a question, please use the search function, as most everything has been asked before. If you don't find what you're looking for, simply ask the question. Almost certainly someone will have an answer - or ten...even if we have to make them up. Ha.

Be careful, the Brethren can become addicting and can lead to a greater love of outdoor cooking. So, explore, have fun, join in the discussions, and remember that we like pictures, although they are not necessary.

Bob S
04-25-2014, 08:56 AM
Welcome to the Brethren!

BrewBQue
04-25-2014, 04:00 PM
Welcome! Pop a top and stay a while.