View Full Version : questions about wGrill upgrade
04-15-2014, 08:42 PM
1.Do you prefer AC/DC adapter or battery
2.If battery, do you want built-in battery, or attach a battery via mini-USB plug.
You can buy battery from eBay, very cheaper
3.What color do you prefer
4.How many probes do you want, 1, 2,3,4,5. extra cost of each probe $10.
5.Do you want waterproof probe but maximum temp. of 390F, or do you want high temp. probe of 850F but not waterproof
6.or what is your suggestion
04-16-2014, 10:35 AM
1. I like to use a battery.
2. I like the way it is now, though you could maybe use micro USB instead. Then I would be able to use a phone charger as an AC/DC adapter if I want to.
3. Color is not so important, black is O.K.
4. The two probes as it is now is fine.
5. I think the waterproof probes should be standard, with the option to order the high temperature probes, either instead of or in addition to the waterproof probes.
6. I think the interface needs more work. I would definitely like to see an option for two large dials, a way to tell at a glance if you are still connected, and the ability to set an alarm so that if I'm using it to monitor an overnight cook, and something goes wrong, I might hear the alarm and wake up.
04-21-2014, 08:11 AM
2. I would prefer built in but usb isnt terrible
3. Color is not a big deal for me
4. 2 is enough. The iGrill 2 is going to come with 2 I believe but with ports for 4.
5. No real preference. I guess I'd lean towards waterproof.
6. I have just received my wGrill and havent been able to test it out yet. I am impressed with the quality of the build and the probes. I don't anticipate any challenge setting it up on my network. I guess my suggestion would be for a simple ios/android mobile app to monitor temps and alarm me when something gets too hot or cold.
04-24-2014, 06:47 PM
I just purchased one of these. A quick question....how does the alarm function work over browser preview? Is alarm on available on the base device or can it send signal to the web client?
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2000-2014, The BBQ Brethren Inc. All Rights Reserved