PDA

View Full Version : Marshalltown, IA -- Who's in!

HoDeDo
06-20-2006, 09:24 PM
Just wondering who'll be up north this weekend in Marshalltown??

ModelMaker
06-21-2006, 12:29 PM
That's south for me!! I'll be there judging, your gonna get my cherry cause I missed BarbeQlossal due to the motorcyle accident. I'lll look you up Friday evening when we stop by.
ModelMaker

smokebuzz
06-21-2006, 03:26 PM
East for me, gona try geten there if i can get a job finished up early enuff, they tell me they got some margarita thing go-en on and i should be thirsty.

HoDeDo
06-21-2006, 09:05 PM
East for me, gona try geten there if i can get a job finished up early enuff, they tell me they got some margarita thing go-en on and i should be thirsty.
I thought it was Mason City in July that had the 'rita contest on Friday night. I guess I'll find out when we get there. I'll have cold beer, and crown reserve at my camp -- stop by for some of either.

HoDeDo
06-21-2006, 09:07 PM
That's south for me!! I'll be there judging, your gonna get my cherry cause I missed BarbeQlossal due to the motorcyle accident. I'lll look you up Friday evening when we stop by.
ModelMaker

We are under Smoke on Wheels this weekend. I'd love to hear about your first judging experience once its over! Come on by Friday evening.... We are staying Sat. evening as well...

smokebuzz
06-21-2006, 09:42 PM
i'm not sure if the green drink contest is a big thing or just some of the locals gitn it on, where in mtown is the cook off at, looker like it's gonna be saterday now b4 i can get there.

ModelMaker
06-22-2006, 06:40 AM
I was talikng to the parks people in Marshalltown yesterday looking for camping facilities and apparently the McNider park is walking distance to East Park where the cooking will be. Yeah!! Finally I'll be able to camp close by and feel like part of the festivities.
Fri.

ModelMaker
06-22-2006, 12:28 PM
Pardon my idiot ramblings of earlier today. I was trying to get the message done when I should have been leaving for work. What I meant to say was I talked to the people in Mason City to find a campground and it's right next door to the competiton. In Marshalltown this weekend we're camping on the south edge of town and will have to drive in to the competition site as the entire city campground is filled up with cooks. We are staying till Sunday so will find time to sit and chat when your not busy Andy.
The Mason City, Up in Smoke, has Margarita contest Fri. night and a Bloody Mary contest Sat. morn. This place looks like it's going to be alot of fun!!! I found info at www.globegazette.com/bbq/home (http://www.globegazette.com/bbq/home).
We'll be around Fri ealy evening for a while also. See ya there.
Ed

Jeff_in_KC
06-25-2006, 07:24 PM
OVERALL:

Grand: Smokin Clones
Reserve: Bar-B-Quau

3 Ulcer Acres
4 Hawgeyes BBQ/Pork Patrol
5 The Heat is On
6 Bare Bones BBQ
7 Rock River Ribs
8 Munchin Hogs at the Hilton
9 Smokin 101
10 JR and Klondike

CHICKEN:

1 Smokin Clones (scored a perfect 180)
2 Ulcer Acres
3 Hawgeyes BBQ/Pork Patrol
4 Smokin 101
5 The Heat is On
6 Smokin Guns
7 "T" Smokin Pit
8 Hawgeyes BBQ/ Wknd Sm
9 Parker BBQ
10 Barbieqioners

RIBS:

1 Ponderosa BBQ
2 JR and Klondike
3 Smokin Clones
4 Hawgeyes BBQ/Pork Patrol
5 Tick Ridge Smokers
6 Smokin 101
7 Pig Newton
8 Smoke on Wheels (CONGRATS TO BROTHER ANDY!!)
9 A Boy and His BBQ
10 Ulcer Acres

PORK:

1 Munchin Hogs at the Hilton
2 Bar-B-Quau
3 Hawgeyes BBQ/Wknd Smkr
4 Dry 2 Da Bone
5 JR and Klondike
6 The Heat is On
7 Smokin Clones
8 Just Havn Fun
9 Grumpy Old Farts BBQ
10 "T" Smokin Pit

BRISKET:

1 Rock River Ribs
2 Andy's Qued on the Run
3 Omaha's Blowin' Smoke
4 Parker BBQ
5 Smokin 101
6 Rabbit Gulch Farm Cooker
7 Bare Bones BBQ
8 Bar-B-Quau
9 Wonderful Walts Mgical BBQ
10 Cookin with Cole's

MoKanMeathead
06-26-2006, 07:55 AM
Congrats on your ribs Andy!! I guess you figured out that pellet cooker!!

The_Kapn
06-26-2006, 10:09 AM
Way to go Andy!!!!!!

TIM

ModelMaker
06-26-2006, 12:06 PM
Good to see ya "Have a Walk".
The Mrs. was mighty impressed with your cookin!!!
As was I
ModelMaker

HoDeDo
06-26-2006, 08:24 PM
Good to see ya "Have a Walk".
The Mrs. was mighty impressed with your cookin!!!
As was I
ModelMaker

Thanks, enjoyed having you stop by, and if things work out, we'll see you Mason City also...

I meant to send some of that chicken with your wife.... It's a MoKan recipe that wayne has posted out here before....

HoDeDo
06-26-2006, 08:25 PM
Thanks to everyone for the congrats. Not my best showing this year, but for the first time out on a FEC-100 - I feel good about it. I was not expecting any calls.

Wayne... about 3 more cooks, and I'll have the kinks worked out on that pellet machine :p if I let myself use it again.....