PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Dr. BBQ!!

Wildcat
06-17-2006, 07:00 PM
Just got back from Bardwell, Ky where I met Ray for the first time. I could not have met a nicer guy. My brother and his wife came by just before turn in time and he just went out of his way to make us all feel welcome.

I have been to several BBQ contests but this was my first time "behind the ropes" and I was lucky enough to have one of the Masters on that time. You cannot ask for anything better. Ever though all I did was wash the dishes and help Ray clean up I learned a ton just watching him.

Now I've got the competition bug bad, Ray I can thank you for that. Now to get a team and a smoker $$$$$$.

Ray gave me a lot of the BBQ left overs and while we were putting everything up I went to get my truck with my cooler to put the Q in my truck would not start. This was the first time it's ever done that, I bought it new in 200 so the battery's time was up being 6 years old. Anyway I was trying to load fast because the awards was coming up and we didn't want to miss it I happened to pick up a zip lock bag with Ray's name on it by mistake. I didn't see it until after I got home so Ray, I want you to know I did NOT steal it, it was a honest mistake. But then who would blame me for taking as much champsonship Q as I could??????

Thanks Ray!! You gave me a great experience in competition BBQ and now I want to get into it myself. I'll be seeing you again soon but next time it will be in competition against you, I hope.

Jeff_in_KC
06-17-2006, 08:34 PM
So how did Bonesmokers come out?

drbbq
06-19-2006, 09:50 PM
Thank you Charlie!
It was a pleasure to have you along. That bag was for you too, it was mismarked. Hope you enjoyed it. We got 9th in chicken and 14th overall. Not a great day.