PDA

View Full Version : Hello From the Space Coast

Eapples
03-28-2014, 05:50 AM
Hello, Everyone:

Newbie here. Unlearning everything I think I know about barbecue and grilling. Getting back into using charcoal. Limited exposure only because there's just two of us.

Kinda geeky about following recipes and procedure, holdovers from my days on Wall Street, meaning that if a recipe says what it says, and the time/temp is what it is, then it should be. I'm learning, slooowly, that grilling and barbecuing is as much art as science, probably more art than science.

Pretty much got my Weber Genesis 1000 under control. Learning what my kettle can do. Still learning and having fun with my WSM. Trolling the barbecue and grilling websites and chat groups to learn what's hot and what's not, and picking up tidbits of knowledge along the way.

I won't jump on the bandwagon just because someone says "this is the latest and the greatest," or "you have to do this, and use this," and so on.

I move slowly when trying new things, and all this is still a little new. I'm learning it again for the first time.

MikeR
03-28-2014, 07:08 AM
You're going to love the way you cook, I guarantee it!
Welcome to the Brethren!:thumb:

peeps
03-28-2014, 07:51 AM
Welcome to the Brethren! Sounds like you have a great arsenal there! Hope we can all help you put it through it's paces!

bluetang
03-28-2014, 07:59 AM
Welcome fellow Floridian, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Ron_L
03-28-2014, 09:46 AM
Welocme to the asylum!

BBQ_MAFIA
03-28-2014, 10:33 PM
Welcome

cowgirl
03-29-2014, 11:26 AM
Welcome to the Brethren!

Backfirin' BBQ
03-29-2014, 11:37 AM
Welcome!

IamMadMan
03-31-2014, 05:40 AM
Welcome aboard Eapples, glad to have you here.

Don't be afraid to look around and explore the other forums.

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

Diesel Dave
03-31-2014, 05:43 AM
Welcome to the madness, enjoy your stay!