PDA

View Full Version : Franklin bbq tomorrow

Scuffletown Smokers
03-21-2014, 09:01 PM
Visiting Austin and going to Franklins tomorrow... What time should I get there to make sure I get some brisket???

Demosthenes9
03-21-2014, 09:05 PM
Visiting Austin and going to Franklins tomorrow... What time should I get there to make sure I get some brisket???

IF you leave now, you just might make it. I'd almost bet that there's someone in line already. :-D

Fwismoker
03-21-2014, 09:10 PM
I don't care if a place had the best brisky on the planet aint no way I'm wait'n in line for hours....unless there was a bar, music/entertainment in line. That said i'm sure it's great and i'd love to check it out sometime.

palmtreefrb
03-21-2014, 09:18 PM
8:00am...
It's a fun experience, bring a chair and a cooler with your favorite beverage. I met a lot of really nice locals and travelers like myself.

Demosthenes9
03-21-2014, 09:35 PM
I don't care if a place had the best brisky on the planet aint no way I'm wait'n in line for hours....unless there was a bar, music/entertainment in line. That said i'm sure it's great and i'd love to check it out sometime.

8:00am...
It's a fun experience, bring a chair and a cooler with your favorite beverage. I met a lot of really nice locals and travelers like myself.

Heh, read an article about Franklins and it did mention that waiting in line is almost like tailgating. People bring their beverage of choice, set up chairs and just hang out.

GrillsGoneWild
03-21-2014, 11:19 PM
The trick is to have a call in order (must do it weeks in advance) and I believe it has to be over 5lbs of meat. Walk up at 10am, pass the line, pick up your food and take it somewhere to eat. Other than that, like said above get there at 8am with a chair. You could also go get basically the same thing by going to John Muellers trailer at 11.

Scuffletown Smokers
03-22-2014, 09:17 AM
Got here at 8am. They just said we will be served at 12:30... Huge line behind us!!!

darkoozy
03-22-2014, 12:28 PM
Got here at 8am. They just said we will be served at 12:30... Huge line behind us!!!

That's nuts...you have to post pics of the meat. Make sure to sample everything, and induce food coma before you leave :-D