PDA

View Full Version : Que joint - Savannah GA

AZPete
06-09-2006, 11:20 AM
Does anyone have a recommendation for a que joint in Savannah Georgia?

nmayeux
06-09-2006, 03:39 PM
Where, and how long will you be in the area? There are a couple in that area, but my favorites are down toward Brunswick, as in "Brunswick Stew." However, you are in a great area for Q with a true regional taste.

AZPete
06-09-2006, 05:31 PM
Arrive very late Sat. night and depart late Thursday afternoon.

Any advice?

nmayeux
06-09-2006, 05:49 PM
Johnny Harris is an old restaurant in Savannah famous for its BBQ. Its worth going if you can get the chance. Also, there is Lady and Sons, which is Paula Dean's restaurant. Southern, but good. The problem with Savannah, is that when I am there, I am usually looking for seafood!

Bigmista
06-09-2006, 06:04 PM
I was gonna say check out Paula Deen too!

qman
06-09-2006, 06:54 PM
Almost any local BBq place you find in the yellow pages will be ok, but if you have time, dirve south to Brunswick and go to the Georgia Pig. That is some outstanding Georgia Style Q, without a doubt. Easy to get to, about 300 yards off of I-95, on the main exit to Jeckell Island. Been there for ever.

nmayeux
06-09-2006, 08:00 PM
qman,
I was thinking of that exact spot, just figured that an hour drive was too far. However, this is a really beautiful part of the country if you do get a chance to get out a little.

qman
06-10-2006, 10:55 PM
qman,
I was thinking of that exact spot, just figured that an hour drive was too far. However, this is a really beautiful part of the country if you do get a chance to get out a little.

It may be too long a dirve for our brother AZPete, due to the short stay he has planned, but I have been know to drive from Orlando to have lunch at the Georgia pig.

AZ, sorry I can't help with specific reccomendations for BBQ in Savannah. When I am there, I too am usually looking for seafood, or going to Mrs Wilkes Boarding House for lunch, and/or Elizabeth Terry's place [Elizabeth's on 37th"] for dinner.

FatDad
06-11-2006, 02:56 PM
I was gonna say check out Paula Deen too!

Ain't she a Georgia Peach