PDA

View Full Version : Dallas bbq must eats

scayne62
02-17-2014, 08:55 PM
Headed to Dallas wed. Where are the must eats for bbq in Dallas?

LEGENDS BBQ
02-17-2014, 09:03 PM
What part of town are you coming to? Are you looking to hit a few or just one meal to remember?

scayne62
02-17-2014, 09:16 PM
I'm actually staying in Addison just off the tollway. I am not sure how much time will have to hit them. Ideally I would like to hit a few but it may only be feasible to hit one. I am not against having to travel a little accross town to eat bbq.

peeps
02-17-2014, 09:52 PM
Lockharts in Plano should be an easy drive. Hutchins in McKinney was voted best in DFW by Dallas Morning News readers....

LEGENDS BBQ
02-17-2014, 09:53 PM
Well there isn't a lot of push about it but Meshacks in Garland is my favorite around but don't expect to eat there you walk up to the window to order and if you go there order it with "hot on the side" they won't sauce it but will give you a cup of their spicy sauce it is amazing. There is also Hutchins BBQ in McKinney that is a pretty great place. If you want to venture to Ft. Worth then there is Angelos that everyone will recommend but I think Longoria's BBQ is better there ribs are amazing not to mention the brisket sausage! So if I had to rank these.....

1. Meshack's the ribs aren't my favorite but love the brisket and sausage and you will be shocked at the prices for $10 you will be miserable if you eat it all! if you go be sure to get a Hot Roll Up!

2. Longoria's Brisket sausage really who does that need I say more? Not to mention the smoked burger and the jerky is killer.

3. Hutchin's is great and is the people are too. It's 10min from me in McKinney.

4. Angelo's is well known and very popular. I have only been there a few times and personally thought it was a little over rated but it's still better than 90% of the places you get BBQ.

LEGENDS BBQ
02-17-2014, 09:56 PM
I will say Lockharts is good stuff but I haven't tried the new location so I can't personally say anything on it but the one down south is mighty fine!

scayne62
02-17-2014, 10:52 PM
Well I am in town for work so I will see how much time I can squeeze them for lunch. There is always dinner that I can make a bbq run for. I trust the brethen more than I would some local that may not know what real bbq should be. Thanks for the suggestions and keep em comin.

peeps
02-17-2014, 10:55 PM
If someone tells you Sonny Bryan's, skip it. Please skip it. It may be a long standing Dallas joint, but it ain't that great, IMO.

Blah64
02-18-2014, 12:59 AM
Pecan Lodge if you can do the waiting thing.

Lockharts is a solid choice otherwise.

The Slow Bone is also pretty good, and I like their side dishes.

sliding_billy
02-18-2014, 02:50 AM
Addison is kind of middle of everywhere and middle of nowhere at the same time. Pecan Lodge (long wait and lunch only), Either Lockhart location (the Plano one has been selling out very quickly at lunch but both locations do a second dinner pull), Slow Bone, Smokie's (quick lunch stop in a convenience store that is very close to you), North Main (Fri-Sun only), 3-Stacks (haven't been there since they switched to a full serve model but very convenient to the toll road), Hard 8 (sort of a chain but you could do way worse than the one in Coppell and it is very conveniently located), and... of course Hutchins! Seriously, Hutchins is the one place that will also not let you down with dinner service. Holler at me over PM with your timeline, and I can give you a better idea of what would work for you with traffic, wait times, schedules and sell patterns.

erbeman
02-18-2014, 09:22 AM
You aren't going to be able to do a quick lunch for BBQ being in Addison unfortunately. For all around good everything, Hutchins is the place to go. All you can eat for less than $17. S you can order a little bit of everything, plus you get free ice cream, banana pudding, and peach cobbler and the best service you've ever had at a BBQ joint. Lockhart Smokehouse in Plano has amazing brisket and Jalepeno sausage. That's about all I care for there, but those two things are pretty dang great. You will stand in line there though. At Hutchins, if there is a line, it will go fast.

Hawg Father of Seoul
02-18-2014, 10:53 AM
Go to Hutchins. Worth the drive. If you are stuck without a car, let the brethren know.

bbq.tom
02-18-2014, 11:35 AM
For a "hooters" type atmosphere and poker game, I would suggest the "Big Racks BBQ & Sports Grill" in Grapevine (just north of the DFW airport). I actually had the best, most tender and juicy piece of pork that I've ever put in my mouth here! Not mushy, but pure-T GOOD! Did I mention that the scenery is pretty dad-gum good too!!!

scayne62
02-18-2014, 01:55 PM
I do have a car, thankfully, I am beyond thankful for the suggestions. I will try and hit up as many places I can.