PDA

View Full Version : Odee's BBQ--Branson MO

Solidkick
05-28-2006, 08:56 AM
My wife's old stomping grounds is Branson Mo. We are headed to a family reunion and stopped by her old home place to visit. We decided to try some of the local food and picked Odee's BBQ. We had the combination platter, ribs, chicken, brisket, pork, and ham. For mass produced BBQ, it was probably some of the best we've had, much better than anything that we've had at a Q joint near home. Of all the meats we sampled, the ribs were probably the most disappointing, they had excellent color and a nice smoke ring, but a little too much of a "woody" taste.....I don't know if he had used a stick or two of old wood or green wood, but you could taste a woody barky taste. It wasn't bad enough to not eat, just something I'm not accustom to as I don't use a lot of wood with bark on it. All the other meats were very good and did not have that same taste. Sides were a baked sweet potato with brown sugar Cinnamon butter and beans and Texas toast.
If you are ever in the Branson area, this is one place I think you should give a try.

kcquer
05-28-2006, 09:25 AM
Kick, is that the place across the street from BPS?

The_Kapn
05-28-2006, 05:31 PM
I am really glad someone is producing quality commercial BBQ (other that Joe, of course)!

Those places are rare :lol:

Thanks BRO KICK--on my list now!

TIM

Solidkick
05-31-2006, 01:19 PM
Kick, is that the place across the street from BPS?

Nope.....It's on Fall Creek Road....

BBQchef33
05-31-2006, 01:44 PM
texas toast? :redface: Wut dat? :oops: up here its just a fat piece of bread.

kcquer
05-31-2006, 03:05 PM
Nope.....It's on Fall Creek Road....

We planned to eat at the place across from BPS when we went down there 2 yrs ago, but somehow we ended up with a Cimarron hanging out of the trunk of the car:-D so we opted for drive thru fast food on the way home:| I always wondered if we missed good Q or not.