View Full Version : You guys are the best that's why I'm here

01-29-2014, 09:06 AM
I have the opportunity to pack and sell my rubs ..the few things I'm not sure about is the nutrition label ...and bar codes ...I'm thinking the bar codes wont be that big of a deal but the nutrition label kinda has me stumped ...can anyone help

01-29-2014, 03:12 PM
If you perform a search online for "free nutrition label" or "nutrition label software" you will find a number of resources.

Such as: http://www.onlinelabels.com/label-generator-tools/Nutrition-Label-Generator.aspx

NOTE: Also make sure you are following all State/Local food sales regs for this operation. In KS we are required to operate out of a fully inspected and licensed food packaging facility in order to sell "packaged products". Usually these facilities perform the labeling process along with their packaging service. We are not allowed to package and sell out of our homes, commercial kitchens, etc. The "packaging for resale" license is a separate license with it's own specific regs here.

Bbq Bubba
01-29-2014, 03:28 PM
You HAVE to have a co-packer. They will take care of your nutrition info on the labels.

01-29-2014, 04:16 PM
In CA, you also need a co-packer, and a certified lab to prepare the nutrition label. The bar code can be generated easily. Getting the label approved is the trick.

Incidentally, the process out here, is that you submit your recipes to the co-packer, they reformulate it to meet their processes. You test and approve a final formula, then it is tested for packing, tested for nutrition label, submitted for approval. It takes a little time and a few thousand dollars. But, that is in CA.

01-30-2014, 03:06 AM
a few thousand to get started just on the nutrition label up here also..