PDA

View Full Version : comp trailer layout question

atcNick
01-28-2014, 08:43 PM
Got a question for you guys that use a competition trailer or cargo trailer for comps. I've seen plenty of pics of different kinds of wire shelving, wall attached baskets, etc. From the looks of it I would imagine the stuff in an on them would easily fly off during transport of the trailer. Do you normally fill these shelves when you get to your comp location or do you have a way of keeping things from flying around? Thanks in advance.

cityslickersbbq
01-28-2014, 08:54 PM
I made some shelves in the front of my trailer out of plywood and purchased one of those cargo nets that goes over a pickup bed. It uses bungees to tighten and works pretty well for the most part. You can get them at Menards

Gowan
01-28-2014, 09:07 PM
Baskets and drawers are generally secured with locks, clips, straps, or bungees to keep the contents secure in transit.

If you're building it yourself, check out RV stores like Camping World - they carry lots of specialty hardware for this purpose.

BigBellyBBQ
01-29-2014, 03:31 AM
The wire racks I use bungees as a fence, wire racked flip upside down also puts an edge to it...For drawers I took whole plastic buss pans with the plastic lids on them and made drawers out of them, welded a racks out of 3/4 inch alum angle, . Can take out ,use, rotate or replace for 6 bucks..some drawer have comp stuff in them, some have veding stuff, some have office supplies...My garage has about 20 stacked up and ready to swap out , set up for what I might be doing....I went with wire racks on top, as you can see through them and look for what you might need..The plastic buss pans /drawers are available rest epot or any rest supply...water tight, common size and inexpensive..

Nordy
01-29-2014, 10:58 AM
I use a stainless wire shelving unit in the front of my trailer and strap a cargo net made for truck beds over the front of it when traveling... works great!

I put all my gear, spices, etc. either in clear bins or in gray washtubs on the shelves. The netting holds them in place perfectly.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-moMm7WZwYz4/Uukyxiaoj6I/AAAAAAAADs4/bGSb_hhEQug/w451-h604-no/IMG_00976.jpg

Dont have a pic of the net... but it has bungees on the sides and I loop part of the netting over the posts at the top of the unit. Works like a charm... I think I got it at Auto Zone...

Cayman1
01-29-2014, 01:34 PM
We used wire closet shelving from Home Depot. The foil pans, paper towels, cutting boards, plastic bags, trash bags, etc that are unbreakable ride on the shelves. Stereo amp, rubs, sauces, etc. ride in storage tubs till we get to the comp site and are then put on the shelves.

CBQ
01-29-2014, 04:46 PM
All of our stuff is in drawers, and the shelves are on wheels. For transport, we strap the shelves to the wall (using e-track cargo straps), with the drawers facing the walls. Nothing moves at all.

Eggspert
01-29-2014, 04:52 PM
We use two of these, one for inside the trailer and one for outside by the smoker. Works great!
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41l%2BkCaCfoL.jpg

We strap the carts down to the floor with tie downs. Beats totes and they are easy to roll around where you need them!

Eggspert

atcNick
01-29-2014, 05:30 PM
Thanks for the input guys. I appreciate it.

oig2scout
01-29-2014, 05:58 PM
Eggspert.., where did you get the tool chest?

smokincracker
01-30-2014, 11:41 AM
pitproducts (pricy) but well worth the cost of organization