PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Cattlemen's Caribbean BBQ Competition San Juan, PR

bbq.tom
01-27-2014, 12:53 PM
February 22 and 23.

My wife and I are heading down there next month to judge and were wondering if any other Brethren were also. I know Gadragonfly and her husband are going to judge as well, and trying to find out any others.

They have a discount for cooking teams from the States, as well as support with cookers and stuff.

75-80 degrees sure sounds like heaven compared to current temperatures!!!

Ron_L
01-27-2014, 12:59 PM
I wish we could! We were in San Juan in December and loved it!

If you are looking for a place to get good local food try the Ropa Vieja Grill (http://www.ropaviejagrill.com/). The Garlis and Shrimp Mofongo and the shredded flank steak mofongo were fantastic.

bbq.tom
01-27-2014, 01:47 PM
THANKS Ron!

I've checked out the website and it looks great!

I couldn't find the Garlis and Shrimp Mofongo and the shredded flank steak mofongo on the menu???

Pickin' Porkers
01-28-2014, 12:34 PM
We'll be there judging as well!!!!

bbq.tom
01-28-2014, 12:51 PM
We'll be there judging as well!!!!

GREAT!!!

We'll have to meet & greet!

CBQ
01-28-2014, 01:44 PM
I tried to talk my teamates and a couple of other teams into it, but no go!

Ron_L
01-28-2014, 02:05 PM
THANKS Ron!

I've checked out the website and it looks great!

I couldn't find the Garlis and Shrimp Mofongo and the shredded flank steak mofongo on the menu???

They are listed as stuffed plantains. Mofongo is plantians that are fried and then mashed with butter and garlic.

bbq.tom
01-28-2014, 05:40 PM
They are listed as stuffed plantains. Mofongo is plantians that are fried and then mashed with butter and garlic.

Well, that explains that! I learn something new everyday!!!