PDA

View Full Version : I am hurt by BRITISH BBQ SOCIETY. www.bbbqs.com

woodpelletsmoker
01-24-2014, 07:28 AM
Re: Automatic Temperature Control
Postby Nick 20 Feb 2013, 11:06
I'm ready to get lynched for even suggesting this, but has anyone had experience with the Chinese-made "Golden Dog/Tiger/Dragon/Ferret" type ATC on eBay? The price is very tempting - although so are the 50 AA batteries for 1 down the market. :lol:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ATC-Automatic-Temperature-Controller-for-Weber-Smokey-Mountain-WSM-Kettle-BBQ-/140909580836?pt=Barbecues_Grills_Smokers&hash=item20cedd9224

I know his smoke generator has been mentioned on here before - as a fire hazard, hence my main concern. They have pretty good reviews on BBQ-Brethren (but said reviewers, I believe, got a discount).

I'd like to buy an ATC but can't really afford a new one from the US with shipping!
ProQ Frontier, Pitmaster IQ, Maverick Wireless, Blooma WestPoint (B&Q Cheapo) Gas BBQ... That's it for now....
Nick
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Swindon_Ed 20 Feb 2013, 11:48
Steer well clear of this guy!!!

He was selling a wood pellet smoker & conversion kit for UDS's before and i heard on one of the big US bbq forums that someone bought one and it exploded, sending parts of the smoker ft!!!

If this is the evidence of his previous work i'd steer well clear of his future efforts.

There are plans available on line for making your own which i know an few people have. They work very well and i would advise looking this up if cost is an issue.
www.bunchofswines.com
www.facebook.com/bunchofswines
Authorised Reseller of Backwoods Smokers for the UK
Swindon_Ed

Postby Nick 20 Feb 2013, 11:58
Swindon_Ed wrote:
Steer well clear of this guy!!!

He was selling a wood pellet smoker & conversion kit for UDS's before and i heard on one of the big US bbq forums that someone bought one and it exploded, sending parts of the smoker ft!!!

If this is the evidence of his previous work i'd steer well clear of his future efforts.

There are plans available on line for making your own which i know an few people have. They work very well and i would advise looking this up if cost is an issue.

Thanks for the confirmation, Ed. As I say I'd question the bias of reviews if they're recieving money (effectively). Might have a look at making my own/getting a second hand one. Or just do it the old fashioned way until I have a problem! 8-)
ProQ Frontier, Pitmaster IQ, Maverick Wireless, Blooma WestPoint (B&Q Cheapo) Gas BBQ... That's it for now....

woodpelletsmoker
01-24-2014, 07:31 AM
"Authorised Reseller of Backwoods Smokers for the UK"
www.bunchofswines.com
www.facebook.com/bunchofswines

Is this the accepted way of competition.
I do not believe that Backwoods has such partner

Amigatec
01-25-2014, 05:36 AM
Evidently some dumba** used gasoline to start his UDS. If they are worried about starting fires, they need to stop using their smoker and sell it.

Diesel Dave
01-25-2014, 06:03 AM
If you look at their site it says they're members here and link to the Brethren as "friends"

woodpelletsmoker
01-25-2014, 08:58 AM
I only hear one story.
An UK metal works built smoker from SKETCH of my gravity feed burner.
He made the burner by himself.
He made the smoker by himself.
He posted some where that his smoker exploded.
I do not have detailed information
On the other hand, I have sold some 100 pieces of burner in the past 3 years.
I do not hear any other bad feedback.
If the shipping cost was not too high, I would have sold 1000 pieces.
Also the burner shall has nothing to do with my controllers.
Unfortunately www.bbbqs.com does not allow me to register.
I do not have any chance to explain or defend there,

Porcine Perfection
01-25-2014, 10:55 PM
It was three posts in a thread from almost a year ago. It was not right to comment on hearsay but I wouldn't get too upset about it. You have provided great customer service to myself and others. As long as you keep doing that things will be fine.

dummy que
01-26-2014, 01:15 AM
i`am not the smartest guy in the world but how in the wide wide world of sports do you get a BUD smoker useing wood pellets to blow up you almost would halve to add some sort of liquid exselerant (gasoline,liter fluid,ect.) or put a butane or propane source in one of the vents on the bottom with lid on after you halve tryed to start it some people should not be aloud to use machinery or fire :frusty: