PDA

View Full Version : Smoke on the Water Thomaston, GA (FBA)

SOTW
01-23-2014, 08:43 PM
The 7th Annual Smoke on the Water BBQ and Music Festival will be held in Thomaston, GA on April 4th & 5th, 2014 at Bickley's Lake. This is an FBA sanctioned event and has been chosen to be the FBA's 2014 Georgia State Championship. Featured on BBQ Pitmasters in 2012, this event has gained national recognition for the quality of music it puts on the stage, and quality of service that it provides to its cook teams, judges, and guest. With close to $14,000 in CASH up for grabs, SOTW has quickly became a cook team favorite. SOTW is a community event that benefits the the 6 Local Volunteer Fire Departments. Living in a rural area, VFD's are depended on daily and over the past 6 years, SOTW has helped the cause by donating $95,000 back into its community. Put us on your calendar for the Spring and help us to have another successful year. You can visit our website at www.sotwfestival.com for more information. or call Bobby
706-975-0038.

AUBBQ
01-24-2014, 03:15 PM
This is definitely one of my favorite contests… Hicktown will be there.

SOTW
01-27-2014, 09:54 PM
Hicktown, looking forward to it. Stay tuned for the music line up. Gonna be a good'un

Rub
01-28-2014, 11:09 AM
Fantastic contest, I hope I can figure a way to get back up there.

SOTW
02-12-2014, 09:56 PM
This year on Friday night night we have up and coming country singer Jon Pardi with his hit song "up all night". You can check him out right here.
http://youtu.be/nqrktVBto4s
Also performing is Brent Cobb, Daniel Lee, Sonia Leigh, Andy Miller, Muddy Guy, Soul Kitchen, and Tyler Hammond. Headlining Saturday night is member of the Grammy award winning Zac Brown Band, Coy Bowles and the Fellowship. For updates to our cooks and judges page visit wwww.sotwfestival,com. We hope to see you in April.

SOTW
02-13-2014, 08:44 PM
Fantastic contest, I hope I can figure a way to get back up there.

Rub, we do too. Hope to see you in April!

CivilWarBBQ
02-15-2014, 07:14 PM
Was kind of hoping to make it down there to observe my first FBA event this year, but I have to be at the KCBS contest in Summerville on that date. Maybe next year!

SOTW
03-04-2014, 09:22 PM
Four weeks out. We have the entertainment lined up, our vendor section full and the cook teams Rollin' in! All we need now is pretty weather. Hopefully that's not too much to ask for with all the bad weather we have had this year. .........

SOTW
03-16-2014, 08:06 PM
48 teams signed up as today. We have several spots left and would love to have you at the 7th Annual Smoke on the Water. Check the pay outs and Sign up here. www.sotwfestival.com

blues brother
03-29-2014, 12:06 PM
The Barnesville Blues Brother will be there! Got my chicken trimmed and in the freezer, Briskets are bought and shopping for butts and spares.
I really love to cook SOTW!