PDA

View Full Version : Sams Club Wait lists.

Smokin' Gnome BBQ
01-23-2014, 07:47 AM
I have a question. Last year I was on the wait list for the Sams Club in Laural MD. (#5) and about a week before teams started to back out. I got an email but wasn't willing to throw stuff together with a weeks notice. I see Harrisburg is full and a waiting list has been started. Why is there a waiting list when not all the teams being confirmed? Cash is king, no payment no entry, right??

I am not going to try the whole waiting list thing again , but I have to wonder if a teams signs up and then backs out do you get your money back or is there some kind of penalty for not participating even if they fill the spot? Last year because of the "back outs" I believe that Laural MD. actually wasn't full.

just wondering.

PekingPorker
01-23-2014, 07:50 AM
Pretty sure I read that if you back out and they are able to fill your spot you get $240 ($10 admin fee) back if it before 30 days of the event.

Kave Dweller
01-23-2014, 08:01 AM
you have 48 hours to get your money in before you lose your spot.

Full Draw BBQ
01-23-2014, 08:20 AM
Kave is right. You sign up, then have 48 hours to pay, which changes you from "registered" to "confirmed".

sdbbq1234
01-23-2014, 01:05 PM
Sal,
Here is a quote from the kcbs site regarding payment:
Once you click Register for this Event you will be registered for the event. You must make
payment within 48 hours or you will be dropped from the event.

Here is some more info:
All local qualifiers are limited to 30 teams and registration will be on a first-come basis. Once 30 teams are confirmed, 10 teams will be allowed to sign up for a waiting list. If a confirmed team drops out of the event, the first team on the waiting list will be offered the spot. That team will have 24 hours to pay the entry fee before the next team in line is offered the spot. Regional contests are limited to 30 teams; and the National Championship will be limited to 50 teams.

Hope to see you in Harrisburg!

wallace

jaestar
01-23-2014, 02:13 PM
If you are on a wait list, don't hesitate to call KCBS if the there is a spot available and the team(s) ahead of you on the wait list have not become confirmed teams within the 48 hrs. window.

Last year I had to call to get into the Woodbury contest. There were two spots that opened up and I was third on the wait list. After three days nothing had changed and I called KCBS. They removed the teams ahead of me and I was able to get in.

The same thing happened for the Des Moines stop. They ended up having a couple spots open up but the first couple teams on the wait list did not respond within the 48 hrs. window. There was a team that wanted to go, but did not call KCBS and did not get in. The contest also ended up having less than 30 teams.

Untraceable
01-23-2014, 03:06 PM
earliest that will happen is friday evening for the unpaids

Kave Dweller
01-23-2014, 04:12 PM
If you are on a wait list, don't hesitate to call KCBS if the there is a spot available and the team(s) ahead of you on the wait list have not become confirmed teams within the 48 hrs. window.

Last year I had to call to get into the Woodbury contest. There were two spots that opened up and I was third on the wait list. After three days nothing had changed and I called KCBS. They removed the teams ahead of me and I was able to get in.

The same thing happened for the Des Moines stop. They ended up having a couple spots open up but the first couple teams on the wait list did not respond within the 48 hrs. window. There was a team that wanted to go, but did not call KCBS and did not get in. The contest also ended up having less than 30 teams.

I had to call for an open spot at madison last year too.