PDA

View Full Version : Meat/Portion Count per Hotel Pan?

Trailer Trash
01-22-2014, 08:15 PM
Hey Fellow Food Flingers, I want to know what the crowd feeding capabilities are based on the equipment that I have accumulated over the years. Like many of you, I have more cookers than I reasonably need but... they're family... not going anywhere and could cook more food than I'd ever serve. I have a new Meadow Creek BBQ42 that cooks around 40 Lbs. (advertised). How many leg quarters is that? How many leg quarters fit into a full hotel pan. I have a model 300 Cambro that holds (4) 2.5 inch deep full hotel pans. How much chicken can I get into the four pans??? Any suggestions?

HBMTN
01-22-2014, 08:32 PM
That depends on the leg quarters, Walmart sells quarters that are twice the size of the ones I do. 40lbs of quarters like I use would be probably about 70-78ish if memory serves me correct. I think about 28 quarters will fit in a Sam's Club deep full foil pan. So I say between 100 and 112 quarters in 4 pans.

Trailer Trash
01-22-2014, 09:31 PM
"H", How many guests would you safely consider serving 75 of your leg quarters to if there was two sides? (I'm thinking that some of my guests would go back for more chicken)...

HBMTN
01-23-2014, 05:44 PM
If serving chicken only you will want at least 2 leg quarters pp of ones the size that I use. If serving buffet where they can come back for more you mat want to bump that higher but if not then 2 leg quarters makes a good meal. If they are huge you could maybe get by with 1 but I don't like the large ones.

Trailer Trash
01-23-2014, 07:08 PM
Thanks so much. That makes a lot of sense!