PDA

View Full Version : Woodbury New Jersey

Wneill20
01-18-2014, 06:29 PM
Anyone from there, any BBQ joints, good area or bad? May have to go there for work for nine months. I don't know if this so cal boy can take the cold weather :shock:

IamMadMan
01-18-2014, 06:39 PM
Anyone from there, any BBQ joints, good area or bad? May have to go there for work for nine months. I don't know if this so cal boy can take the cold weather :shock:

There really isn't much of anything around Woodbury. It's a small rural town in the middle of farmland and chemical and oil refineries. Bordered by West Deptford whis is a similar type town, and flanked by Deptford which is a large shopping town. Big Mall surrounded by warehouse stores.

Just across the river to the north is Sweet Lucy's which is good, but not outstanding. Also Henri's "Hott's" BBQ in Folsom is ok, it's a hit or miss chance everyday.

There is a guy that set's up near a farm market near Williamstown on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays that is really good, but the Q is to go because there is no place to sit. I am not sure if he is open in the cold winter though.

There is Famous Dave's just North of Woodbury and Fat Jack's to the South, I avoid them as they are less than Mediocre in my opinion.

One of the Brethren here owns "BBQ Meat Company" in Forked River, NJ and would be quite a drive from Woodbury. About 90 minutes drive time.

But there is a Krispy Kreme in Collingswood, NJ, warm doughnuts melt in your mouth... Also in Mulica Hill, NJ there is an Amish Market where they make the donuts by hand right in front of you as you order them....

BBQ_MAFIA
01-18-2014, 06:40 PM
I'm not from that part of the state so I can't help.
If your going to be around for 9 months or so, stop by
some of the contest in NJ, PA, and NY. You will meet a lot of great people.
Go to the KCBS site for dates.

Good luck in NJ

Wneill20
01-18-2014, 06:49 PM

Good luck in NJ

Thanks, The worst part is i just made my comp schedule for 2014 the other night looks like thats not going to happen. :cry:

IamMadMan
01-18-2014, 07:07 PM

Good luck in NJ

NEW JERSEY STATE BARBECUE CHAMPIONSHIP Wildwood, NJ July 11-13

DO AC Smokin' Hot Atlantic City BBQ Championship in October

Country Music Festival & BBQ Throwdown Pemberton, NJ

BBQ & Blues in the Park Mount Holly NJ

The Smoking Pig
01-18-2014, 07:26 PM
I have been to BBQ Meat Co and can say its pretty good.

jafo28
01-18-2014, 11:03 PM
Another one to the north, in Cherry Hill is Whole Hog Cafe. I've never been so I can't tell you how it is, maybe one of these other guys knows.

DanB
02-16-2014, 11:48 AM
Hi All If he is any where near Local Smoke/Cooks town that would be my choice.
Dan

Big Belly BeerBque
03-07-2014, 03:20 PM
Looking for 2-3 certified judges in south jersey for friendly competition between locals teams in the next couple of weeks!

Phil
Big Belly BeerBque