ThomEmery
01-14-2014, 02:04 PM
I have a oportunity to vend a little bbq at a local Craft Brewery
Attracting a crowd is clearly the challenge for us both
What has worked for you in the past,
that you are willing to share

DUBBAGA
01-14-2014, 02:41 PM
Please say it is Hangar 24 or Ritual from Redlands !

bizznessman
01-14-2014, 05:53 PM
I have a oportunity to vend a little bbq at a local Craft Brewery
Attracting a crowd is clearly the challenge for us both
What has worked for you in the past,
that you are willing to share

I am going to make a few assumptions here.

#1 The Craft Brewery is an established and ongoing business.
#2 They have requested your services.
#3 You are already covered (or will be compliant via the Craft Brewery companies license(s), insurance, etc) with proper food service licensing, insurance, etc

Working on these assumptions I would suggest the following:

#1 The Brewery should advertise the event at least 2-3 weeks in advance of the event date.
#2 Your sales should be kept separate from the Breweries sales. (this ensures you receive all your revenue and makes the sales tax calculations simpler)
#3 A written agreement (contract) should be in place to ensure both parties are aware of their deliverables and responsibilities.
#4 Depending on whose equipment you are using ensure that you are covered by your/their insurance.

These are the major items I would be concerned with.

One additional thing we do, with regards to advertising, is to print and distribute flyers of our own 2-3 weeks in advance of a "partnered" event. This is inexpensive and we have found it to be effective along with the "primes" advertising.

C Rocke
01-14-2014, 09:52 PM
Hot food trucks just approved in your counties Thom, so a pop up vending deal probably not gonna fly once the HD gets involved with the breweries. We did Bootleggers. The Bruery, Noble, and OOB over the last 2 years, and as soon as the beers from thise brewers went into distribution, the draw of the tasting room was not what it was. Most trucks in OC work 4-5 hours at a Brewery for $6 - 700, with a pretty significant menu (French Fries, Sandwiches, Specialties, etc)and a lot of Social Media following. YMMV!

sunrise
01-14-2014, 10:17 PM
Thom, there a a couple up here in Ventura that are having food trucks set up outside. They have tasting rooms for the beers, but no food, so they have invited food trucks to set up. I have been in contact with 2 of them trying to be able to set up myself. I think its a great idea for both parties, and great advertisment for catering. I dont have a truck or trailer, but my ez up is HD approved & I work with what they call a TFF permit. Hope to see you at the Guinea Pig cook off

BigBellyBBQ
01-15-2014, 12:17 AM
The ones I have done the brewery advertised my name and an opertunity to taste award winning BBQ with thier beers. They have their own clientel and ours so it is a win / win deal. They tied it in with an open house and such..works great..