PDA

View Full Version : Team Logo decal

Indybbq
01-12-2014, 02:45 PM
I'm sure many of you have ordered graphics or wraps for a trailer or vehicle, so I'm wondering what the average cost has been.

I'm looking into getting our team logo put onto a decal and put onto a white cargo van but before contacting local companies I wanted to see what the typical prices others have paid for this type of thing.

The graphic would have two colors if that has an impact on price.

So what have you all paid to get graphics produced and put on trailers, etc.? And any suggestions/warnings for getting this done?

Thanks.

Slamdunkpro
01-12-2014, 03:47 PM
I'm sure many of you have ordered graphics or wraps for a trailer or vehicle, so I'm wondering what the average cost has been.

I'm looking into getting our team logo put onto a decal and put onto a white cargo van but before contacting local companies I wanted to see what the typical prices others have paid for this type of thing.

The graphic would have two colors if that has an impact on price.

So what have you all paid to get graphics produced and put on trailers, etc.? And any suggestions/warnings for getting this done?

Thanks.

*note*
I do this type of graphic work.

Prices vary depending on a number of factors. Since a producer is most likely going to ink jet the vinyl # of colors shouldn't matter, if they do, look elsewhere.

Questions to ask:
What kind of vinyl & laminate are you using? Is it calendared or cast? (Cast conforms to shapes better and lasts longer)

Is it 5 year or 7 year vinyl?

What brand of vinyl & laminate do you use? (3M and Oracal are the 2 top) Stay away from people who use Avery.

This should get you started

Smokin' Gnome BBQ
01-12-2014, 05:09 PM
SlamDunkPro does awesome work! He has done a bunch of stuff for me. Every time I start looking around I go back just because of the quality and service.

Dex
01-12-2014, 06:01 PM
What part of Indiana are you in? I have had Shadow Graphix in Indianapolis do all my trailer work in the past.

Indybbq
01-12-2014, 06:14 PM
What part of Indiana are you in? I have had Shadow Graphix in Indianapolis do all my trailer work in the past.

I'm in Indianapolis on the north side.

Just trying to find out some details on getting a graphic/wrap and what the potential cost would be. We don't vend or cater so 'advertising' isn't critical for us we just wanted something fun for the van as long as the cost makes sense.

Slamdunkpro - Thanks for the info, that will be really helpful when we talk to a shop. I appreciate it!

New Pal Frank
01-13-2014, 05:15 AM
I'm in Indianapolis on the north side.

Just trying to find out some details on getting a graphic/wrap and what the potential cost would be. We don't vend or cater so 'advertising' isn't critical for us we just wanted something fun for the van as long as the cost makes sense.

Slamdunkpro - Thanks for the info, that will be really helpful when we talk to a shop. I appreciate it!

I know nothing about grafics but welcome to the neighborhood. Hope to see you at some contest soon.

Frank

bmikiten
01-13-2014, 08:42 PM
I used www.directdecals.com with great success for my new trailer. Great pricing. I still like to support the locals if possible and they will take the risk out of doing large decal installation off your hands but you'll pay for it. On the other hand, if you screw it up, you'll pay for it!

Brian

SigSauerNY
01-14-2014, 09:07 AM
I use a graphics design lady who charges by the hour and send numerous revision to help you make a decision, usually 24 hours turnaround and very affordable, total cost was well under $100 for 6 days of revisions and corrections and my crazy mind

Indybbq
01-14-2014, 09:48 AM
Thanks for all the replies. I think this will help get me in the right direction.

PeppermonkeyBBQ
01-14-2014, 04:52 PM
*note*
I do this type of graphic work.

Prices vary depending on a number of factors. Since a producer is most likely going to ink jet the vinyl # of colors shouldn't matter, if they do, look elsewhere.

Questions to ask:
What kind of vinyl & laminate are you using? Is it calendared or cast? (Cast conforms to shapes better and lasts longer)

Is it 5 year or 7 year vinyl?

What brand of vinyl & laminate do you use? (3M and Oracal are the 2 top) Stay away from people who use Avery.

This should get you started

On that note .... We need some graphics for the battle wagon!!