PDA

View Full Version : Bristol pictures

LostNation
05-22-2006, 08:18 PM
Here are a few from Bristol, including 2006 try outs.

http://www.lostnationvt.com/bristol06.htm

Ron_L
05-22-2006, 08:33 PM
Nice pictures, Rich! I love the pig outfit on the dog, but it doesn't look like the dog was too impressed!

MilitantSquatter
05-22-2006, 10:25 PM
Thanks for the pics Rich...

Those ribs did taste great...

Two questions

1) Is it customary for you to turn in 10 ribs or do you base turn in qty on the size of the racks ?

2) From the picture, the brisket slices appear to be sauced, is that correct ?

FatDaddy
05-23-2006, 01:42 AM
when u turn in ribs for comp, do u actually trim them up after they are cooked around the exposed bone area to get them to look that clean? ive often wondered about that.

thanks
Jason

LostNation
05-23-2006, 04:30 AM
Thanks for the pics Rich...

Those ribs did taste great...

Two questions

1) Is it customary for you to turn in 10 ribs or do you base turn in qty on the size of the racks ?

2) From the picture, the brisket slices appear to be sauced, is that correct ?

Hi Vinny, I try to turn in between 8-10 bones when I can. I was happy with most of the racks that came out of the pit and was able to fill up the box. They really didn't fit that well but I got all nines except one eight in appearance.

I usually put something on the brisket, it all depends on what it tastes like off the pit. That brisket was dry and I tried to pump up the moisture, I thought I could have used more juice in it.

BobberQer
05-23-2006, 05:18 AM
5 out 6 briskets that came to our table came in sauced... One had a peach/ onion marmalade on it.. which tasted pretty good..

CharlieBeasley
05-23-2006, 06:54 AM
Nice Pictures and I loved the dog costume but if I were the dog in a BBQ crowd I would bite the hand that dressed me up to be smoked! GRiN

Sawdustguy
05-23-2006, 03:48 PM
Rich,

Congratulations to you and your team. We enjoyed your company and meeting all the members of your crew. We are still pretty new at this and appreciate the wisdom you shared with us. We can't wait until Nashua. See you there and give our best to your team mates.

BBQchef33
05-23-2006, 08:48 PM
great pics rich...

the ribs made me hungry and the last picture of the pooch looks like a unicorn. :)