PDA

View Full Version : Game Changer Brine

Diesel Dave
01-10-2014, 05:46 AM
I got some of this last week and just got to try it last night.

I've never been a fan of using a brine too much, but this one changed my mind!! All I can say is thank you!!!!!
We used it on some chicken parts and I'll tell you what, it was farking awesome!
Great flavor and even more moist than usual.:thumb:

kcmike
01-10-2014, 12:03 PM
Thanks!

IamMadMan
01-11-2014, 09:36 PM
I used OakRidge Game Changer Brine as an injection into my pork butts and then used OakRidge Competition Beef and Pork Rub.

I injected the 6) 10+ lb pork butts about 4:00 PM last night using apple juice as the only liquid. Rubbed and put into the smoker at 6:00 PM.

The meat was as tender as could be and pulled very easily without any type of texture loss. Extremely tender, moist, and full of flavor. I had about 75 guests and the pork was the first item to disappear from the buffet table.

Great Stuff there Mike.....

Diesel Dave
01-11-2014, 09:44 PM
Thanks that sounds real interesting I'll have to try it

IamMadMan
01-12-2014, 09:12 AM
Thanks that sounds real interesting I'll have to try it

Details...

I used 4 ounces of brine mixture to 48 ounces of apple juice. Roughly 1 cup per butt. I inject right through the cyro-pack, less clean-up that way.

I injected at 4:00 PM, applied rub at 5:00 PM, put into the smoker at 6:00 PM.

At 9:00 AM the internal temp of the butts were only 178, but they were probe tender and bone wiggled. Rested 2 hours and then pulled before serving.

I double checked all IT temps with the Thermapen and all were at an IT of 175 to 178, but they pulled just as easily as if they were at 200. The only difference was the pork was more moist, tender, and flavorful than any other pulled pork I have ever done. I liked the extremely long pieces of pulled pork for the sandwiches as well.

Injecting with Game Changer Brine is now part of my pork cooks.

Great pulled pork beyond my expectations!!!!!

I recommend Game Changer Brine as an injection to anyone who hasn't tried it...

GREAT STUFF MIKE... Thanks for your efforts in creating this fantastic product. I'm glad I bought the 5 lb bag.....

Can't wait to try it on Fried Chicken.

Diesel Dave
01-12-2014, 11:49 AM
Awesome!!! Thank you :thumb: