PDA

View Full Version : BBQ chain opening at my roadside spot.

HBMTN
12-31-2013, 01:34 PM
Looks like I get to go head to head against the Cook Out Fast Food Chain this year when I sell concessions. They just bought the place directly across from where I have sold concessions for 4 years and they paid $1,075,000.00 :shocked: for it. I don't sell concessions as much as I used to because catering keeps me busy but still it was a spot I could go to anytime and turn some BBQ in to money.

PatAttack
12-31-2013, 01:40 PM
I'm sure I'd choose your food over that chain's, anyway!

Pyle's BBQ
12-31-2013, 02:53 PM
What is the name of the BBQ place? I wouldn't worry about it. Make sure you set up when they are building. Feed the workers.

HBMTN
12-31-2013, 03:35 PM
It's called Cook Out they serve NC Style BBQ along with burgers and dogs. They are popping up everywhere in Virginia and are based out of North Carolina.

midwest_kc
12-31-2013, 03:36 PM
MMMM...Cookout...That and Cheerwine may be the 2 things I miss most about the Carolinas. Though I wouldn't really call them a BBQ place. Burgers/Chicken, etc seems to be what they were more about when I was there (and amazing milkshakes). That, and letting me have a corn dog and chicken nuggets as sides with my combo.

That sucks for you, though. Especially if they paid that much for it - means they're going to be serious about it, and their name recognition will get them business. Hopefully your regulars will stay loyal to you, and remember, good food sells. Especially good Que.

joemat
01-02-2014, 05:04 PM
MMMM...Cookout...That and Cheerwine may be the 2 things I miss most about the Carolinas. Though I wouldn't really call them a BBQ place. Burgers/Chicken, etc seems to be what they were more about when I was there (and amazing milkshakes). That, and letting me have a corn dog and chicken nuggets as sides with my combo.

That sucks for you, though. Especially if they paid that much for it - means they're going to be serious about it, and their name recognition will get them business. Hopefully your regulars will stay loyal to you, and remember, good food sells. Especially good Que.

Yup. Best known for their Burgers. I thought they were only in NC. I guest they are growing. Good burgers but probably different from what you are offering.

Gore
01-02-2014, 05:09 PM
Ate there once. I loved that you could get a corn-dog side. While it is competition, I think it is a different caliber of customer they're catering to.

caseydog
01-02-2014, 05:10 PM
I just looked at their menu, and the only BBQ they offer is "Chopped Pork." They seem to me 90-percent grilled stuff.

CD

Fooskey
01-03-2014, 05:59 PM
Embrace the competition, and then handle it like Conan would:

Mongol General (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0593052/?ref_=tt_trv_qu): What is best in life?
Conan (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000216/?ref_=tt_trv_qu): To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.