PDA

View Full Version : What Have I Done

MrsMista
05-16-2006, 04:25 PM
My much younger sister is graduating from high school in June and she asked if we could drive to NY during my visit. I said sure. She wants to bring her twin girlfrinds. Then my dad chimed in and he wants to see Atlantic City and DC. We're leaving 06/11 and I have to be back in Ohio by 6 for my flight on 06/14.

What I need to know about is cheap by decent hotels with a bar near by. After hours in the car with three 18 year old girls, a 68 year old man who still picks up on and attracts women, with me somewhere in the middle I will need a tall stiff drink.

:roll: :icon_sleepy

BrooklynQ
05-16-2006, 04:40 PM
So where are you going? NYC? Atlantic City? DC and Ohio?

chad
05-16-2006, 04:45 PM
Five words: "You have lost your mind!"

MrsMista
05-16-2006, 04:50 PM
So where are you going? NYC? Atlantic City? DC and Ohio?

That's the plan and...

Five words: "You have lost your mind!"

I agree.

BrooklynQ
05-16-2006, 04:53 PM
NYC - do you want to stay in Manhattan or in the burbs?

Atlantic City is about a 1 - 1/2 hour to 2 hour drive south of Manhattan

DC? - if you're going on the weekend it can be very cheap. I stayed at One Washington Circle a few times. Nice all suites and cheap on weekends.

Ohio - No idea where to send you. Only been to Kent State for lunch and back the same day.

MrsMista
05-16-2006, 04:55 PM
NYC - do you want to stay in Manhattan or in the burbs?

Atlantic City is about a 1 - 1/2 hour to 2 hour drive south of Manhattan

DC? - if you're going on the weekend it can be very cheap. I stayed at One Washington Circle a few times. Nice all suites and cheap on weekends.

Ohio - No idea where to send you. Only been to Kent State for lunch and back the same day.

Ohio I'm not worried about that's where my dad and sister live. Arriving there on the 9th.

Arlin_MacRae
05-16-2006, 05:09 PM
In the middle is...TEXFO, OKFO, and MOFO territory!!! You know ANY of us would be happy to help you guys out. Just holler!

Smoker
05-16-2006, 05:11 PM
Roadtrip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MrsMista
05-16-2006, 05:14 PM
In the middle is...TEXFO, OKFO, and MOFO territory!!! You know ANY of us would be happy to help you guys out. Just holler!

Oh trust me, I'm expecting a drink and some que somewhere along the way since the bash will be the week after.

FEED ME SEYMOUR!!!

Arlin_MacRae
05-16-2006, 05:22 PM
Oh trust me, I'm expecting a drink and some que somewhere along the way since the bash will be the week after.

FEED ME SEYMOUR!!!

Oh man, a Heartland Mini-Bash would be SO cool, especially if you guys could stop.

But let me get this right: You're leaving Cali on the 11th, going to NY, NJ and DC and then back to Ohio...all in three days? Or are you taking three days to get to Ohio? Lotsa drivin', Lady. LOTS of drivin'...

Smoker
05-16-2006, 05:24 PM
And it aint a trip unless you meet some NY Brethren!!!!!

MrsMista
05-16-2006, 05:31 PM
Oh man, a Heartland Mini-Bash would be SO cool, especially if you guys could stop.

But let me get this right: You're leaving Cali on the 11th, going to NY, NJ and DC and then back to Ohio...all in three days? Or are you taking three days to get to Ohio? Lotsa drivin', Lady. LOTS of drivin'...

I'm leaving Cali on the 9th (flying). Leaving Ohio (driving) in the afternoon on the 11th.

Work with me people. I'm not totally off my rocker.

Oh and by the way 6 years ago I did drive from Cali to Ohio in exactly 2 days.

Arlin_MacRae
05-16-2006, 05:34 PM
Ah, there's the missing part of the equation!

That's a couple of 20-hour drives there. My hat's off to ya!

Ron_L
05-16-2006, 05:35 PM
If I know the area, or have someone who can looks things over for me, I use Hotwire. In most cases, you have to book no later than the day before. Also, Sidestep is a site that will search multiple travel sites at the same time.

MrsMista
05-16-2006, 10:40 PM
If I know the area, or have someone who can looks things over for me, I use Hotwire. In most cases, you have to book no later than the day before. Also, Sidestep is a site that will search multiple travel sites at the same time.

Depends on if the gabba gertty's are going. I don't pay for grown folks and young folks that think they're grown. The less company I have the better room I'll get.

bbqbull
05-16-2006, 10:58 PM
Where in Ohio are ya gonna be located? Near Michigan or way down deep into Ohio. I usta have a buddy that lived near Dayton, but now he lives up here near me.
Mike

MrsMista
05-16-2006, 11:03 PM
Where in Ohio are ya gonna be located?

I'm going to Youngstown. I think they're in the middle. I fly into Cleveland and then drive over.